You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 97>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:28pm
He was linked with Arsenal as well. Might not be in his best interests to move to a big club just yet.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:34pm
I don’t disagree. Wouldn’t mind him at Stoke another year. Being linked to Man Utd would raise his profile as regards maybe a smaller club like Wolves or Burnley let’s say coming in for him.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:34pm
It can go badly if he goes to a big club but if it goes well and he grows into it we could well have a world class centre half on our hands. positives and negs to every move
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I don’t disagree. Wouldn’t mind him at Stoke another year. Being linked to Man Utd would raise his profile as regards maybe a smaller club like Wolves or Burnley let’s say coming in for him.

Burnley? Wait till tarkowski and mee are 40 before he gets a game. Utd or arsenal haven’t exactly got a wealth of talent at centre half.
Go for it if the offer comes.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:45pm
Tarkowski is leaving in the summer if I’m not mistaken? 

Of course he will take the offer if it comes. That’s not in question. 
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:13pm

You think those clubs need Man U to make them aware of potential signings  ??  
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:17pm
Your telling me being linked to big clubs doesnt raise your profile? Of course it would. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:57pm
Would be nice to have him in a team where he’ll get to play a bit of football. We don’t have many defenders who play on the front foot week-in week-out
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 8:24pm
He comes from a very knowledgeable football family and they will do what's best of Nathan longterm.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:04am
Rumours in the vast online football gossip world that Burnley are preparing a 9m bid.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:09am
Focking Burnley CryBut i guess he would get some game time
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:16am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Talk is one think but heard not much on that front , the only thing he is in the right price range and a profit will be made when Traks moves over the summer to Leciester .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Talk is one think but heard not much on that front , the only thing he is in the right price range and a profit will be made when Traks moves over the summer to Leciester .

Do you think they will definitely buy someone? Any chance of promoting Long or Dunne? 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:36am
Long is an established squad player but I can't see him ever being a first choice player unless they get relegated.

Last I heard Dunne was looking at leaving in the summer to get first team football, probably in the Championship if he can get a club at that level, otherwise League 1 or Scotland. Decent chance of him getting a Championship move I think, was linked to Preston previously but there has been a manager change there since.

The best he could hope for at Burnley would be to maybe overtake Long for the first back up centre back spot at some point if he stays on there.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Do you think they will definitely buy someone? Any chance of promoting Long or Dunne? 
Yer they will as it stands the Clarets only have 4 centre backs ( Mee , Tarks , Lond and Dunne ) Tarks is going this summer someone will have to fill that void so it will happen now will it be Collins i am not sure but someone within a price range of £15 milion as they will not pay more than that .

It is a wait and see what the Yanks will do who have taken over the club . They have started to show their hand but taking seats away and replacing them with corprate seating so looking ar value streams to bring in more money , Dyche seems happy so he has been promised cash , now how much is a very good question i would guess a couple will leave and 4 players will come in just a guess really .  
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 11:53am
Claret Murph would be more of a judge of all things Burnley but it would make sense to see them interested in Collins. Similar profile to Micheál Keane and as seen through him and Tarkowski I suspect he will get a proper platform at Burnley to play weekly stay up and build his profile as regards getting bigger clubs taking note of him in a few years. 

Man Utd is glamourous and as a United fan reading between the lines there is interest with Darren Fletchers fingerprints all over it. My one worry would be that manager of ours plays Maguire and Lindelof every last game even with Bailly playing out of his skin he still reverts to type when pushed. Axel Tuanzebe who is the 4th choice and I suspect Collins would be the equivalent of if joining has gotten very little game time. 

Edited by kevin100 - 29 Apr 2021 at 11:54am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 2:34pm
Collins has been linked to both Burnley and Man United (Fletcher really rated him when he was at Stoke). United obviously the more glamorous move but I think Kevin is saying that he thinks Burnley would be the better option as he'd play regularly there but would probably be fourth choice at United.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Claret Murph would be more of a judge of all things Burnley but it would make sense to see them interested in Collins. Similar profile to Micheál Keane and as seen through him and Tarkowski I suspect he will get a proper platform at Burnley to play weekly stay up and build his profile as regards getting bigger clubs taking note of him in a few years. 

Man Utd is glamourous and as a United fan reading between the lines there is interest with Darren Fletchers fingerprints all over it. My one worry would be that manager of ours plays Maguire and Lindelof every last game even with Bailly playing out of his skin he still reverts to type when pushed. Axel Tuanzebe who is the 4th choice and I suspect Collins would be the equivalent of if joining has gotten very little game time. 
Sorry Kevin, I got lost somewhere between it all making sense and Bailly reverting to type. So Collins signs for Burnley, does well and he's now at Man Utd . . . and we're now discussing his status at Old Trafford? 

Apologies I can see that now. Typed it in a rush as was busy. 

Basically he has been linked to Man Utd as a Utd fan the rumours are strong enough (Darren Fletchers finger prints all over it)

I meant Ole throughout the season has had a tendency to just revert to type and play Maguire and Lindelof in any half serious game no matter how well Bailly played and no matter how poor the other two were. Maguire was atrocious early on this season and Lindelof had one or two shockers. Bailly still wasn’t given the nod. Maguire plays every game as he’s Oles “80m main man”. 

I mean Lindelof and Maguire would play first under Ole if we signed prime Beckenbauer don’t mind Nathan Collins. Not a hope Collins becomes first choice. He will likely be 4th choice like Axel Tuanzebe who has had limited opportunities. 

Worried of that scenario if he joins us but if he joined of course it would get people giddy young Irish player signing for big club etc. Also Burnley vs Man Utd who would you choose. Wouldn’t blame anyone for choosing the latter.  

Burnley I’m loving though I’d love him to go to Burnley if Tarkowski leaves. 

Edited by kevin100 - 29 Apr 2021 at 3:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 97>
  Share Topic