Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 97>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 9:08am
He'll be back in the LOI in a few years along with every other young player who's career hasn't been on a straight upward trajectory.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 9:38am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He'll be back in the LOI in a few years along with every other young player who's career hasn't been on a straight upward trajectory.
Shamrock Rovers 2026 might win the Europa League at this rate
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 9:41am

Nobody is writing him off, He was called a rolls royce of a footballer and we were told he IS world class. He's neither of those yet. He just happens to have been over looked for a manager who has opted for a bit more experience.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 9:43am
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

he seems to have a mistake in him at club level every game. No guarantee what happens from here at Prem league level or whether he’s good enough but he’s plenty good enough for us at international level. 

He's defo more than good enough for EPL...still learning but has all the tools. Not unusual for young defenders to make the odd mistake.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 9:57am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Nobody is writing him off, He was called a rolls royce of a footballer and we were told he IS world class. He's neither of those yet. He just happens to have been over looked for a manager who has opted for a bit more experience.

What glaring errors has this 21 year old centre-back made this season? A karate kick on Grealish? few misplaced passes playing progressively out of defence? He's been grand this year, and the only reason he's been out of the team rather than Kilman is because Kilman is left footed. 

Virtually all young players have ups and downs in their development, it's actually the natural progression of a career, but on here it is often treated as an aberration. It's just assumed that because someone has a dip in form/loses their place for a few months that that must be proof they aren't that great. Are players like Rashford, Stones, Kane, and Odegaard not great players because exactly this happened to them? If they were Irish, each of them would certainly have been written off at various times in their careers. People need to be patient and stop catastrophising at the slightest hiccup, it's really not that important in most cases.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 10:36am

Will you ever quit your pearl clutching any time someone critiques an Irish player ffs. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 10:44am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Will you ever quit your pearl clutching any time someone critiques an Irish player ffs. 

The only pearl clutching is the doom and gloom predictions at the slightest hint of adversity LOL
We're decent enough..
Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 11:04am
Good player but his inexperience and trying to be too cute has backfired on him too many times this season and he rightfully lost his place. He just needs to simmer down and focus on being solid and his quality will shine through eventually.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 11:06am

What glaring errors has this 21 year old centre-back made this season? A karate kick on Grealish? few misplaced passes playing progressively out of defence? He's been grand this year, and the only reason he's been out of the team rather than Kilman is because Kilman is left footed. 

This myth again. Julen Lopetegui has never said that's the reason he picked Kilman. What I do know is Kilman is 25, has 4 seasons of some level of football with Wolves and was our best CB last season above Conor Coady and Romain Saiss; captain of Morocco and a world cup semi finalist. He's been picked as captain for the games Neves was suspended too. He has a lot of credit in the bank as a Wolves player. He's deserved to keep his place recently as he and Dawson compliment each other well. He wasn't great first part of the season but neither was Collins and are too inexperienced together for now. Lopetegui clearly decided Kilman more reliable I don't think he makes that decision based on stronger foot, you get plenty of good CB partnerships with two right footers.

Anyway, hopefully Collins gets some gametime now we are near enough safe. I wouldn't write him off as a Wolves player. Dawson isn't young and we aren't in the position to be discarding talented young homegrown (for squad registration) players due to our squad makeup. Especially when we spent good money on him.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 11:07am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Who said he is world class? 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 11:22am
He will come good. He's just turning 22, very young for a CB at this level. Saliba and Guehi are the only CBs in the league of a similar age with more minutes played than him this season, and they're both fully fledged internationals for two of the best nations in the world.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

Good player but his inexperience and trying to be too cute has backfired on him too many times this season and he rightfully lost his place. He just needs to simmer down and focus on being solid and his quality will shine through eventually.

That’s a problem a lot of young defenders have when they’re very comfortable on the ball. The emphasis starts to be on playing passes rather than being a defender first. He’ll still go on to have a very good PL career.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 2:51pm

Ffs, grow up you big child.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Ffs, grow up you big child.

Cry more?
We're decent enough..
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

That’s a problem a lot of young defenders have when they’re very comfortable on the ball. The emphasis starts to be on playing passes rather than being a defender first. He’ll still go on to have a very good PL career.
Seem to remember John Stones getting a lot of stick in his early City days for trying too much with the ball, and look at him now. Bit of a tangent, but if John Stones played in a pre-social media era he would be spoken about like Beckenbaeur or Baresi. Collins has all the attributes to play at a high level, just needs time.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 3:42pm
Wolves defending well today 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 4:12pm
Collins on at half time and plays one straight to Welbeck for 5-0.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 4:19pm
Yes he did, it was absolutely dreadful play by Collins.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 97>
  Share Topic