You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 97>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 4:12pm
Not ideal. Hmm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 4:35pm
Dawson has nearly as much PL apps as Egan and Duffy combined. West Ham let him go cos he wanted move closer to his family. As someone mentioned above if he was Irish he would have 70 odd caps. 
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 4:41pm
Dawson and Kilman won't be playing Liverpool every week 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 4:53pm
Dawson is a superb player, who is understated due to the clubs he has played for, the lack of England caps, and his disappointing spell at Watford.

But I don’t think this spells long term trouble for Collins.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 4:59pm
The abuse Wolves were getting on twitter for dropping Collins from irish fans lol. Did okay without him. LOL

This isn't me slating Nathan BTW he will have his part to play will play over Max some games I'm sure. Lopetegui likes his rotation. He's not entitled to a guaranteed start nor does it make him a failure that he might not start every game.

Edited by SC92 - 04 Feb 2023 at 5:04pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

The abuse Wolves were getting on twitter for dripping Collins from irish fans lol. Did okay without him. LOL

This isn't me slating Nathan BTW he will have his part to play will play over Max some games I'm sure. Lopetegui likes his rotation. He's not entitled to a guaranteed start nor does it make him a failure that he might not start every game.

You always seem a lot more concerned with criticism of Wolves than criticism of Ireland. 
We're decent enough..
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

The abuse Wolves were getting on twitter for dripping Collins from irish fans lol. Did okay without him. LOL

You always seem a lot more concerned with criticism of Wolves than criticism of Ireland. 

I'm not. I want Collins to play too. Dawson is a stop gap I think the club believe in the Kilman and Collins partnership but experience and competition is needed. I just don't think it's justified to slate a club to not play him for one game that he's been eligible for. He has played plenty and will play plenty more.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 5:21pm
Good thing we had the Irish football experts overrule the person that actually watches Wolves  every week and tell us adamantly that Collins was not going to drop out for Dawson. LOL

Edited by E2016 - 04 Feb 2023 at 5:21pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 5:21pm
Collins is still a kid in terms of a CB! No need for the panic. He got dropped and tbh he’s been good for them but I have watched him a few times the odd sloppy pass and thought “you need a kick up the backside”. 

Think himself and Kilman haven’t had anyone up their rear end threatening to take their place. They have that now!

Max can consider himself fortunate as I think Nate has been the better of the two in recent games! Ultimately Dawson is a right sided CB which compliments Kilman. Can’t argue too much with that.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 6:36pm
Both Kilman and Collins have their issues and are comparatively inexperienced compared to most PL CBs. Kilman is better on the ball and was our best CB last season, Collins is more aggressive which Kilman lacks can be a bit too passive.  Collins has some impressive last ditch defending too also prone to an error. Ultimately both will benefit from playing alongside an experienced player like Dawson.

Collins will bounce back to the starting lineup soon though I'm sure.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 4:56pm
Tell me was he expecting him to ring the changes after a 3-0 win over Liverpool last week?? Sounds surprised. 

https://twitter.com/kennyskids/status/1624408627967627265?s=46&t=9Ru39TlSHKol7jeNP95pfg

Waiting for the first “he could do with moving back to the Championship” between these accounts and this forum. I give it a couple of weeks. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Not ideal. Hmm

Hmm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 5:06pm
Jones will surely get the sack after today. 1-0 up and Wolves go a man down after 27mins but lose 2-1.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Jones will surely get the sack after today. 1-0 up and Wolves go a man down after 27mins but lose 2-1.

Watched the game. Was just woeful. As bad Jones may well be as a coach Adam’s and Bednarek should be sacked with him and I don’t even blame Bednarek for the goal as such just a by product of a team with zero composure doing everything a million miles an hour.

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Feb 2023 at 5:10pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Tell me was he expecting him to ring the changes after a 3-0 win over Liverpool last week?? Sounds surprised. 

https://twitter.com/kennyskids/status/1624408627967627265?s=46&t=9Ru39TlSHKol7jeNP95pfg

Waiting for the first “he could do with moving back to the Championship” between these accounts and this forum. I give it a couple of weeks. 

The melodrama everytime an Irish player doesn't play is OTT. Nathan has played a lot of football this year and he's still only 21 doesn't mean Wolves have given up on him. A team in a relegation battle are going for the more experienced PL defender not a shock. Kilman is not infallible though. Collins just has to bide his time and work hard. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 10:35am
It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be on here if Collins had made the clearance Dawson did for Southamptons goal. He'd be taking pelters I'd imagine.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 4:50pm
It's worrying that he seems to have lost his starting berth given that there is only 6 weeks until the French game. I wouldnt like to see him going into that without more minutes under his belt regardless of how good he is. It has to be a concern, just how likely is it that Lopetegui will change a winning side. He may have to bide his time and that's really not great for us.
Idah Dream!
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be on here if Collins had made the clearance Dawson did for Southamptons goal. He'd be taking pelters I'd imagine.

Given that its probably the brain fart moments that have him out of the team rather than Kilman, people on here were dead right to hold him to a half decent standard and criticise his poor mistakes, rather than try act like all Irish players are the bestest boys in the whole wide world like you do.

You literally have proof that Collins cant keep making the mistakes he was (as he has lost his place in the team as a result), yet you're going to keep pushing a narrative that he was unfairly treated by people on here. Laughable as per usual.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 97>
  Share Topic