You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 97>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:37am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Maybe they had already greeted each other 

Yeah, that's the way it looks to me. Cullen seems to be searching out people he hadn't already greeted. 

He does look like a very serious character! 
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Phil Babb Phil Babb wrote:

I noticed this aswell. James seems dead happy with him. You can hear Collins saying he didn't mean it.

Or he's having the laugh taking the mickey out of a team mate for a mistake he made. People are reading way too much into it if they're trying to see McClean is happy with Collins cause Grealish was the one on the recieving end.

Yeah, from what I can see McClean is taking the piss out of him for the mistake and his subsequent reaction. He embraces him like every other player did one another to greet him, not in a congratulatory fashion. 

As an aside, there is some amount of hugging and embraces going on there. Great to see the camaraderie. Brady said yesterday it was like he was never away. 

It's a really positive environment too so must be great for some guys especially the Preston lads and even Obafemi to probably get away from their club situations for the time being.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:30am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

In the FAI video, it would appear that there seems to be an issue between Cullen and McClean? or am I reading too much into this. 

Going by the whole Alan Kelly fiasco and what was alleged to have happened with Darren Randolph*, maybe there are players in the squad who were born in the UK who don't agree with his politics?

It's unlikely but I would've thought it unlikely that one of our former players and current players would kick up a stink over a patriotic motivational video and that happened.

*I know he's Irish but his father is American and most Americans, particularly of that background, wouldn't go for the rah-rah Irish nationalist stuff, wouldn't empathise with Palestinians at all, and would be very pro British/American army
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

In the FAI video, it would appear that there seems to be an issue between Cullen and McClean? or am I reading too much into this. 

Going by the whole Alan Kelly fiasco and what was alleged to have happened with Darren Randolph*, maybe there are players in the squad who were born in the UK who don't agree with his politics?

It's unlikely but I would've thought it unlikely that one of our former players and current players would kick up a stink over a patriotic motivational video and that happened.

*I know he's Irish but his father is American and most Americans, particularly of that background, wouldn't go for the rah-rah Irish nationalist stuff, wouldn't empathise with Palestinians at all, and would be very pro British/American army

Moving right along from our Nathan's failed and grossly misunderstood attempted garrotting of rat Grealish, we now have a one-second glance suggesting Cullen's rejection of McClean's politics, dragging in Alan Kelly (and Videogate) before side-swiping the Randolph expulsion affair (whatever that is). . .  and a big dig at Americans. But there's more - Palestine anyone?   

Shine on you crazy diamond, HH.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 12:49pm
It was Horsie who brought it up and I offered a hypothetical, which I clarified was unlikely.

And saying that blue-collar Americans would be pro-army is not a dig. Not sure how you got that one. You'd be hard pressed to find one who doesn't have a family member or cousin serving.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 20 Sep 2022 at 12:52pm
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 1:08pm
Think only this forum could somehow pivot from a Nathan Collins red card into Palestine. Jaysus.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Moving right along from our Nathan's failed and grossly misunderstood attempted garrotting of rat Grealish, we now have a one-second glance suggesting Cullen's rejection of McClean's politics, dragging in Alan Kelly (and Videogate) before side-swiping the Randolph expulsion affair (whatever that is). . .  and a big dig at Americans. But there's more - Palestine anyone?   

A chance to cast a bit of doubt over the credentials of dual-nationals is hardly going to be passed up.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

A chance to cast a bit of doubt over the credentials of dual-nationals is hardly going to be passed up.

It has nothing to do with what I'm saying really. You're just infatuated with me. Someone just made a comment on the Conor Noss thread insinuating that he was holding out for a Germany cap and you didn't say anything. If I said the same thing you would've called me out on it and started derailing another thread. 

I've noticed this on several threads recently where people make certain comments about dual-eligible players and you ignore it. It's only when I say anything you crawl out of your hole for some reason!

I don't know what it is I've done that has given you this obsession with me. It's genuinely unsettling.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 4:48am
1) There's a good chance they had already met each other before that video. 

2) There's also a good chance that some players in the squad aren't that close or don't get on. Any one who has ever played on a team or worked in a job will be closer to some players/staff than others.

3) Cullen may just not be that affectionate a person. He greets most of the players with a handshake, where as a lot of the players shake hands and hug. No big deal.

Edited by The Huntacha - 21 Sep 2022 at 4:48am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 5:14am
A non-incident. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 8:21am
Could well be a non incident. 

No guarantee that all lads are best mates, there is always bound to be people who wouldn't be to fond of one another, happens at every club.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 9:11am
Sure Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham never said two words to each other when at Man United. Just because your teammates doesn't mean you have to get along ffs.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 2:10pm

Could well be a non incident. 

No guarantee that all lads are best mates, there is always bound to be people who wouldn't be to fond of one another, happens at every club.

Happens in every line of work. I dont walk around the office greeting everyone I pass in the morning and I certainly dont bother to stop for those I've little time for.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 2:56pm
Lads, do ye not thing you're over-analysing the fcuk out of a couple of seconds of a twitter clip?
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Lads, do ye not thing you're over-analysing the fcuk out of a couple of seconds of a twitter clip?

Nah, the only reasonable conclusion is that they hate each other due to Cullen being a die hard Royalist and McClean being a raging Provo.
We're decent enough..
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 3:25pm
100% over-analysis 

Sure they came from Wigan and Burnley they most likely came over on the same flight
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

100% over-analysis 

Sure they came from Wigan and Burnley they most likely came over on the same flight

Do we know whether they sat beside each other or queued for the jacks on the plane are the same time? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Nah, the only reasonable conclusion is that they hate each other due to Cullen being a die hard Royalist and McClean being a raging Provo.

LOL

I said it was a hypothetical and unlikely. Unlike you to get so het up about something so trivial.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 97>
  Share Topic