You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 97>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 8:27pm
He will be fine. Slower progress at start will pay off long term
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

seems like he hadnt played much since michael oneill took over. would like to see him maybe go on loan next season to get more game time if he cant get it at stoke, seems a bright prospect, needs to play

He was out injured for a long time and had to work hard to get his place back.

I think he'll be ok 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:58pm
Starts today for Stoke along with McClean
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:50pm
Superb goal-line clearance by McClean from Paddy O'Bamford. Collins doing okay but Stoke have a lot to do now in the second half after that penalty giveaway by Smith.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Superb goal-line clearance by McClean from Paddy O'Bamford. Collins doing okay but Stoke have a lot to do now in the second half after that penalty giveaway by Smith.

Looks like Collins was subbed off at HT. Was he playing poorly or a change in formation? 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:28pm
It hardly bespeaks badly of Collins - they've conceded three since he went off.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:32pm
Well whatever reason he was taken off it hasn't worked. 
His replacement Chester has just gifted a goal at the start of the second half, Bamford hits the bar 5 minutes later, 

Stoke have now conceded 2 goals in the ten minutes that Collins has come off 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:34pm
He looked flatfooted for the penalty Leeds got just before half time. He looks as if he has played very little match time.
As for McClean he looks poor and lacking confidence. Think I prefer him wearing balaclava then hairband !!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 7:29pm
Starts again today, seems to have nailed down a first team position. Mcclean not in the squad again... might need to drop down to L1 in January.

Masterson on the bench for qpr again, would be really good if both masterson and collins were regular first team starters and work there way into the senior squad
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 7:51pm
did mcclean not win player of the season last year? he can definitely still do the job at championship standard.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 9:27pm
You would hope McClean could still get a lower end Championship club in the new year as long as he's reasonable about wages. Preston/Luton/Barnsley/QPR etc. would probably be interested.

That said, Celtic will likely be throwing money around in January to try and rescue their ambitions of "the 10" and would be more likely to meet his wage demands.

Collins has been red carded I see.

Edited by You Tell Me - 21 Oct 2020 at 9:27pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 10:09pm
I don't know what's going on with McClean-player of the year last year despite all the political nastiness but suddenly not in the squad. He may need to get out of there, don't know how re the transfer window situation. Collins should get a chance this season, no idea at this stage what tonight's dismissal was about.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:49am
Mcclean is injured apparently. Collins sending off was ridiculous, I was watching the match and checked online afterwards and no one seems to know what it was for🤷‍♂️
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 10:41pm
Had his red card overturned by the FA. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I don't know what's going on with McClean-player of the year last year despite all the political nastiness but suddenly not in the squad. He may need to get out of there, don't know how re the transfer window situation. Collins should get a chance this season, no idea at this stage what tonight's dismissal was about.

As discussed already, Stoke had a dreadful season and winning their POTY unfortunately carried recognition in the mould of "best of a bad bunch" as opposed to having a stunning season.

I do agree, he would definitely do a job for a Championship side.  In truth he isn't going to improve his game at 31, so what he needs now is just to be playing football week in week out at some half decent level.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:53pm
came on at ht, scored late on
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:08pm
Gone under the radar a bit but this guy has huge potential, he was good again tonight
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:29pm
Collins and Bazunu would be my answer to What young Irish talents currently have the best chance of playing with a top top club in the future. Obviously not withstanding the likes of Doherty (not young) and Kelleher recently I’m talking playing regularly 

They are the 2 I think Collins under the radar but starting to play regularly with Stoke and in a similar way to Rodon if he plays regularly in a decent Championship side hopefully he will start to catch big clubs attention. Already linked to Man Utd in the past.

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Dec 2020 at 10:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 97>
  Share Topic