Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 97>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 10:17pm
how likely is this burnley move? Reliable rumors? 
Sponsored Links

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 10:36pm
Collins seems like a fine prospect with a good mentality. Is he a bit injury prone though?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 11:26pm
Seems like it is likely to happen unless another club comes in. Burnley definitely look the most interested at this stage though.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 9:41pm
Collins going to Burnley would show such a lack of ambition while you have the likes of United and Arsenal circling.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Collins going to Burnley would show such a lack of ambition while you have the likes of United and Arsenal circling.

Burnley would be a much better move for Collins. He’s still young and needs to play as many matches as he can, if not play every week. He’s a much better chance to do that with Burnley.

If he does as well as some people are predicting, he’ll be in line for a big money move within 2/3 years when he’d still only be 22/23.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:40am
It'd be a much smarter move for him than going to any of the big clubs. He's still learning the game. 1 mistake for United etc and he'll be written off. Spend a couple of years at a smaller club, make your mistakes there and then if you're good enough, you'll get a move.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 9:52am
Yeah I'd be a lot happier with him going to Burnley to be honest. If Tarkowski leaves as expected then he has a very good chance of starting the first Premier League game of the season and taking it from there. Not much chance of that at one the bigger clubs.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 12:09pm
He won’t get a look in at Man Utd with Ole managing him. Would be a dreadful move as a United fan I hope he doesn’t. Would end up in the same spot as Axel Tuanzebe or even the likes of Alex Telles wouldn’t play as Mr Tumble managing us just plays the same 4 every time when fit regardless of form Lindelof and Maguire being the centre halves. 

Burnley is a great move as stated he’s a right sided centre half so it’s not hard to conclude he’s being signed as a direct replacement for Tarkowski. 15m wouldn’t be spent if that wasn’t the intention. If not this season he will be directly replacing him from next season on latest. 

Trippier Tarkowski Keane Burnley has proved a great breeding ground for young defenders. I’d back Collins to go the same way. 

geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 12:39pm
If he came through at United and was in their reserve team people would be crying out for him to go to a team like Burnley. It's a great move for him, we need a commanding centre half and that's how Burnley would be looking for him to play!

They only other interesting option from the rumours would be Leicester, Evans is 33 and Rodgers has shown a willingness to use youth. Would more than likely lead to being a bench player for a while but if he has the talent he could be working his way into the team. Leicester would also be playing on the front foot more which is what we are attempting so would suit his development in that regard
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:58pm
playing every week for burnley would be a good next step
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 6:21pm
Agreed. A great platform for him hopefully, the "big move" will come if does the business at Burnley.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

Agreed. A great platform for him hopefully, the "big move" will come if does the business at Burnley.

The Yanks that have taken over the club has said this , bring in players make them better and sell on .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:13am
According to the Burnley fans forum this morning,  the deal is close to being completed. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

According to the Burnley fans forum this morning,  the deal is close to being completed. 
Yer i read that on UTC also , hummmmm talk is one thing action is another .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Yer i read that on UTC also , hummmmm talk is one thing action is another .
Daily Telegraph saying a fee of £12,000,000 has been agreed.  According to UTC also, Wolves, Leicester and West Ham in for Tarkowski. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 11:49am
It looks as though Stoke held out for as long as they could in the hope of starting a bidding war but the rumoured bids from Leicester, Man United and Arsenal never materialised so Burnley it is.

Would be hopeful that he will see plenty of game time next season. Burnley don't spend £12 million on a player unless they're serious about playing him. With fewer Irish players in the Premier League next season he will be one to follow at least. I would expect him to join Egan and O'Shea as our first choice in a three man central defence before too long.

Will he be the first uncapped Irish player to be transferred for over £10 million? Not sure if Scott Hogan had declared for Ireland when his big transfer went through.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It looks as though Stoke held out for as long as they could in the hope of starting a bidding war but the rumoured bids from Leicester, Man United and Arsenal never materialised so Burnley it is.

Would be hopeful that he will see plenty of game time next season. Burnley don't spend £12 million on a player unless they're serious about playing him. With fewer Irish players in the Premier League next season he will be one to follow at least. I would expect him to join Egan and O'Shea as our first choice in a three man central defence before too long.

Will he be the first uncapped Irish player to be transferred for over £10 million? Not sure if Scott Hogan had declared for Ireland when his big transfer went through.

He’s Tarkowskis replacement Collins a right sided CB into replace Tarkowski who it’s been confirmed is leaving. Only question is does Tarkowski stay on the extra year and do Burnley accept him walking for free next year or sell him now and get a fee. Think it’s long odds on they sell 20-25m.

As for Collins great move at worst he will be a squad player this season and come into the side as a Tarkowski replacement in 22/23. He can play right back also and you may even see him nail down the right back slot at some stage this season if Tarkowski stayed. If Lowton got injured Collins will only need one chance to nail down a starting spot hes the real deal. 

The new American owners have literally stated they plan to buy young/semi young talent with a view to them excelling and selling them on as well only recently. Collins fits that bill. 

Trippier Keane Tarkowski a great track record of playing young defenders and improving them too so overall I’m happy with the move. I think Burnley stay up next year too they are well established.  

Edited by kevin100 - 22 Jun 2021 at 6:29pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

The new American owners have literally stated they plan to buy young/semi young talent with a view to them excelling and selling them on as well only recently. Collins fits that bill. 

If it's true that Knight is available for £5m to £7m this summer they could do a lot worse than to buy him also. Hard to gauge his ceiling but looks exceptional value at that price.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 97>
  Share Topic