You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 97>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Craig Dawson was awful yesterday and lucky to not see red in the first half.
Collins should be back in that spot. Kilman was absolutely terrible too and probably the worst player on the pitch. Clueless defending but very good on the ball. Sorry but anyone thinking they are better players than Collins are in a fever dream.

I would trust Senor Lopetegui's opinion over randos on the internet tbh. He might get a run now though as they don't have much choice. 
Sponsored Links

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 1:38pm

Collins should be back in that spot. Kilman was absolutely terrible too and probably the worst player on the pitch. Clueless defending but very good on the ball. Sorry but anyone thinking they are better players than Collins are in a fever dream.

They conceded one before Collins came on for Dawson at HT & three after that change. At least he got some minutes 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 1:38pm
Have Wolves picked up a point since Collins has been dropped? 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 1:40pm

Bar his first game where he was very good, Dawson has been  poor to average since joining Wolves.
We're decent enough..
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Win vs Liverpool at home, 3 vs Southampton away, draw away vs Fulham, win vs Tottenham at home.

Look if it was me we'd probably play with a back 3 with Collins playing but the him not playing is far from Wolves problem.  Unless Nathan can turn into a centre forward who scores goals. Yesterday admittedly we were awful defensively but recently have been decent enough defensively. Not like Collins didn't make his share of mistakes when he was a starter either.

Edited by SC92 - 19 Mar 2023 at 1:57pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Win vs Liverpool at home, 3 vs Southampton away, draw away vs Fulham, win vs Tottenham at home.

Look if it was me we'd probably play with a back 3 with Collins playing but the him not playing is far from Wolves problem.  Unless Nathan can turn into a centre forward who scores goals. Yesterday admittedly we were awful defensively but recently have been decent enough defensively. Not like Collins didn't make his share of mistakes when he was a starter either.

You were always quick to point out Collins mistakes! Dawson should have been sent off yesterday and Kilman was terrible for Leeds third goal.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:03pm

Our points per game since Lopetegui took over (compared to before) and has picked that starting 11 suggests otherwise. No one is pretending Wolves are some great team without Collins certainly not me after I had to suffer through the disaster that was yesterday in the cold and wet. We are where we deserve in the league which is a relegation battle. But it's not an accurate reflection of Wolves problems just because you are biased and want Collins to play. 

I'd like Collins to play too I'd have a back 3 as I think we play better that way but I'm a person who spends a lot of time on the Internet talking football not a manager so not up to me. 

Edited by SC92 - 19 Mar 2023 at 2:14pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

You were always quick to point out Collins mistakes! Dawson should have been sent off yesterday and Kilman was terrible for Leeds third goal.

Mostly because it's relevant on this forum to discuss Nathan Collins. If you had seen my posts on Wolves forums ir social media you would see plenty of criticism to go round. Frankly the only player I haven't criticised relentlessly this season is Ruben Neves.

I've always said Collins is pretty much on the same level as Kilman both fairly inexperienced who make dopey mistakes. It's up to the manager who he thinks he can trust more.

Edited by SC92 - 19 Mar 2023 at 2:07pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:20pm
Easy to forget Collins' age too because he's been on the scene for some time. Yesterday he became the youngest centre back in the Premier league to make 20 league appearances this season. The only other centre back aged 21 or under to achieve this is William Saliba, a France senior international who turns 22 this coming week.

Edited by You Tell Me - 19 Mar 2023 at 2:20pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 2:51pm

Our points per game since Lopetegui took over (compared to before) and has picked that starting 11 suggests otherwise. No one is pretending Wolves are some great team without Collins certainly not me after I had to suffer through the disaster that was yesterday in the cold and wet. We are where we deserve in the league which is a relegation battle. But it's not an accurate reflection of Wolves problems just because you are biased and want Collins to play. 

I'd like Collins to play too I'd have a back 3 as I think we play better that way but I'm a person who spends a lot of time on the Internet talking football not a manager so not up to me. 
I really rate what Lopetegui has done. I knew Wolves would fly up the table sim to Villa. They had a longer way to go though  But people putting Wolves upturn down to dropping Collins and Dawson playing well are dreaming obviously. 

You only have to look at the bench yesterday and see why Wolves have an upturn.

I was biased yesterday for another reason though because I am a Leeds fan so was actually cursing Dawson coming off at HT. I was not happy at all to see Collins yesterday LOL 

Edited by Nialler - 19 Mar 2023 at 2:51pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 3:05pm

I really rate what Lopetegui has done. I knew Wolves would fly up the table sim to Villa. They had a longer way to go though  But people putting Wolves upturn down to dropping Collins and Dawson playing well are dreaming obviously. 

I was biased yesterday for another reason though because I am a Leeds fan so was actually cursing Dawson coming off at HT. I was not happy at all to see Collins yesterday LOL 

Dawson has had a positive impact though. Yeah yesterday he was shocking but Kilman and Collins both need experience next to them as proved before christmas when we were shipping goals. It's just very easy for people on this forum to criticise Wolves for not playing him but it wouldnt make much difference who played we would still be inconsistent in results and performances. Personally I'm not fussed if either he or Kilman play neither is a guaranteed starter for me. Like I've said I think we would be a lot more solid with a back 5....

When you support Wolves you see through all our fancy names on the bench and see why we are where we are believe me. Lopetegui has done very well to get us to having a good chance of staying up. Seems an insurmountable task with the shocking referees in English football though....

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:33pm

Dawson has had a positive impact though. Yeah yesterday he was shocking but Kilman and Collins both need experience next to them as proved before christmas when we were shipping goals. It's just very easy for people on this forum to criticise Wolves for not playing him but it wouldnt make much difference who played we would still be inconsistent in results and performances. Personally I'm not fussed if either he or Kilman play neither is a guaranteed starter for me. Like I've said I think we would be a lot more solid with a back 5....

When you support Wolves you see through all our fancy names on the bench and see why we are where we are believe me. Lopetegui has done very well to get us to having a good chance of staying up. Seems an insurmountable task with the shocking referees in English football though....

I think now Wolves have a lot of players back fit and a good manager they have very little chance of going down. WOlves have been unlucky with refs recently as have Leeds. Leeds are the team that had most VAR decisions against them and some real shockers. The penalty was marginal at best and Firpo did touch the ball and he goes over way too easy. A very soft pen if given

. Red card that is being appealed is laughable. Was a leg breaker... Traore Goal was a clear pull but he stopped playing and was absolutely amateur about it. Dawson could have gone too. VAR is sh*te though and ruining the game. You can;t even celebrate a goal properly now
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:52pm

I think now Wolves have a lot of players back fit and a good manager they have very little chance of going down. WOlves have been unlucky with refs recently as have Leeds. Leeds are the team that had most VAR decisions against them and some real shockers. The penalty was marginal at best and Firpo did touch the ball and he goes over way too easy. A very soft pen if given

. Red card that is being appealed is laughable. Was a leg breaker... Traore Goal was a clear pull but he stopped playing and was absolutely amateur about it. Dawson could have gone too. VAR is sh*te though and ruining the game. You can;t even celebrate a goal properly now

Clear pen for me. Seen loads like that given. Also had a clear pen denied against Newcastle we even got an apology for ... fat lot of good that does! Yeah the Jonny tackle was absolutely a red though we aren't appealing it apparently. JL said we would  it think he spoke rashly because he was so mad about the other decisions in the game. I'm not sure whether we will stay up or not I was fairly confident a few weeks ago but its too easy to unnerve us and performances then suffer. Hence I think that pen decision really hurt us you might disagree it was a pen but it clearly affected the players hence the mad second half where we scored a few goals but diabolical defensively. They need to stay calm but easier said that done.

Anyway looking forwards fo seeing Nathan play internationally now. Good diatraction. Even if it is watching us get battered by France haha... 

Edited by SC92 - 19 Mar 2023 at 4:54pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:14pm
https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/threads/wolves-2-4-leeds-verdict-thread.38128/ 

Looking at this thread let’s just say Collins isn’t popular. Getting a fair bit of stick. Dawson was erratic yesterday should have been sent off and Kilman was worse. Mind that pales in comparison to how poor the full backs were Jonny in particular. 

Collins wasn’t at fault for any of the goals and the commentator was praised him about 86 minutes in. Thought he did okay and I think it would be unfair to equate them going 3-0 down in quick succession to Dawson coming off. 

I can see why he’s on the bench mainly cause Kilman is left footed and Dawson is the experienced head. Collins has made mistakes too. All 3 are good CBs and Wolves would be far more in line to look at their lightweight midfield and fullbacks that can’t defend than their CBs. Easy to forget Kilman and Collins up to the City game had the best defensive record in the League. 

Edited by kevin100 - 19 Mar 2023 at 5:15pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:24pm
Haha Wolves forums are always a great example of reasoned views after a defeat. It's nothing personal to Collins when we lose its the end of the world and our players all belong in the championship obviously... that's the type of view. Tongue Only player who has recieved any consistent praise this season is Ruben Neves who frankly is way to good for us and how we have kept him for nearly 6 years I have no idea.

Best way to describe his Wolves predicament is that Nathan Collins isn't the problem but he isn't the cure either. Hence him being in purgatory on the bench. Kilman was our best CB last season too even above England international Conor Coady and Morocco captain World Cup semi finalist Romain Saiss so he has his benefits too. If Wolves scored a few more goals the defense would not be a concern.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 10:46pm
Ogbene Molumby etc will take all the plaudits but I thought Collins was as good as anyone tonight. 

By far our best defender Egan was bit rash and all over the shop at times.

Hopefully Collins can bring that back to Wolves not that he’s been bad for Wolves but he was so calm composed and commanding unlike the lad I have seen play for Wolves at times this seaon. 

Edited by kevin100 - 27 Mar 2023 at 10:47pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 11:53pm
Some run of results for Wolves since the new manger has come in. While I rate Collins and believe he'll be a top player in years to come he probably still needs a bit away to stand out more to be an certain starter.
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 8:30am
he seems to have a mistake in him at club level every game. No guarantee what happens from here at Prem league level or whether he’s good enough but he’s plenty good enough for us at international level. 

Edited by SeanC - 27 Apr 2023 at 8:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 97>
  Share Topic