You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 97>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 1:22pm
Not too concerned about Omobamidele, he's only been a sub for Norwich's last two games - he started the previous seven

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 02 Mar 2023 at 1:23pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Not too concerned about Omobamidele, he's only been a sub for Norwich's last two games - he started the previous seven

Aye, but was the manager not less than complimentary about him prior to dropping him and they have won both games since, keeping a clean sheet in the last one.

Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It would almost be worth Collins staying on the bench just to see this admin lose his mind over the situation. The emojis LOL

The Fulham game they played okay but beyond that the results have only been okay for them without taking off. Southampton they were haunted. I wouldn’t say Collins omission has improved them that much. Still the same issues mainly being can’t score. 

Unfortunately for Collins, Dawson has done very well since coming in, so I'd be concerned that Nathan isnt going to get a look in between now and France, maybe the Latvia game is a blessing in disguise, but regardless it's a far from ideal situation.

Dawson played well against Fulham. Dawson is a very good defender as is Kilman would have proper time for both.  

However still maintain for all their Jan signings not just Dawson Wolves haven’t really improved will survive by virtue of 3/4 teams being worse than them that’s about it. 

I’m not concerned about Collins he has done plenty for a 21yo hes proven he is well able for top flight football. It’s modern day football with big squads some of our players will find themselves on the bench for stints. 

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Mar 2023 at 7:03pm
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 7:33pm

Aye, but was the manager not less than complimentary about him prior to dropping him and they have won both games since, keeping a clean sheet in the last one.

Call this Robbie Brady / Jazzy Jeff syndrome. Let's face it, all we do with these lads is give ourself false hope, and cream ourselves after they play relatively well at the start and then not to long after they start reverting to type or firing more blanks than John Wayne. 

Bazunu, Ogbene, Connolly, Parrott, Collins, Obafemi, Omobamidele, Knight and probably missing one or two ore there. The point is we are in such a desperate situation football-wise that when Collins scores a wonder goal against Ukraine reserves or Bazunu looks invincible against Portugal, we start to think we have uncovered the next Robbie Keane and it's only a matter of time before it all clicks and we are just a few decent performances away. Ferguson I fear is the current flavour of the month but for all we know could be sitting on the bench at Preston this time next year. 

The only genuinely decent finding in the last while is probably Josh Cullen. Let's face it, the 1 nil injury time winner against Lithuania last year is a more realistic assessment of where we are. I don't even include the likes of Doherty or Idah above as they are very ineffective to date. Doherty will be retiring in a few years with nothing really to show for it, bar being a bang average benchwarmer with a quirky personality. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:06pm
That is absolite bollox from start to finish.
f**king hell 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

f**king hell 

100% agree, I can only presume he is trolling. Just to be clear, I rate both Collins and Omobamidele very highly. I was just saying their club situations in the short term aren't great given we face France in just over 3 weeks.
Idah Dream!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:23pm

f**king hell 

Thanks bud, very articulate LOL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:24pm
Funny enough Omobamidele has been linked with Nottingham Forest today. Leicester,Forest and Brentford all in recent weeks. 

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Mar 2023 at 8:24pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:27pm

f**king hell 

100% agree, I can only presume he is trolling. Just to be clear, I rate both Collins and Omobamidele very highly. I was just saying their club situations in the short term aren't great given we face France in just over 3 weeks.

It's noting personal John but we have been on a downward slide for over 20 years now, sh*te even the class of 2016 looks brilliant to what we have now. No shame in saying it but we are a long way off the standard. We would be better accepting we are sh*te and that our best years are behind us. 

I keep seeing this over and over lads getting excited because somebody got a few minutes here and there. It's desperate.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

f**king hell 

It's noting personal John but we have been on a downward slide for over 20 years now, sh*te even the class of 2016 looks brilliant to what we have now. No shame in saying it but we are a long way off the standard. We would be better accepting we are sh*te and that our best years are behind us. 

I keep seeing this over and over lads getting excited because somebody got a few minutes here and there. It's desperate.

I personally think we are on the cusp of becoming a genuine 2nd seed European team over the next year or two. It's a long time since we have had real depth in terms of decent young talents coming through. This campaign has likely come too soon and the draw doesn't help, but I genuinely believe that we will be a very good team in 2 years time.
Idah Dream!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:36pm

f**king hell 

I personally think we are on the cusp of becoming a genuine 2nd seed European team over the next year or two. It's a long time since we have had real depth in terms of decent young talents coming through. This campaign has likely come too soon and the draw doesn't help, but I genuinely believe that we will be a very good team in 2 years time.

Good as in qualify for tournaments or good as it having high Whoscored ratings???
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

f**king hell 

Good as in qualify for tournaments or good as it having high Whoscored ratings???

The two will go hand in hand!
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:38pm

f**king hell 

I don’t agree with everything you say i think we are producing the talent that is superior to anything produced since 15-20 years ago. Issue is now the platform they are gonna get to reach that potential. 

Getting opportunities at PL clubs is next to bloody impossible at the moment the money in the game is obscene. At one stage Bazunu and Collins were the only U21 players in their respective positions in both England or Ireland getting a regular run in a PL side. It’s just so competitive. 

The Championship is fine but it’s a 2nd tier League. The top 5/6 Championship clubs in particular are relatively okay clubs to be at especially for younger players like Omobamidele,Idah,Obafemi. U23 players playing in the Championship/L1 okay fair enough they are learning their trade. 

Beyond that as long as the vast majority of players are gonna be happy to stay in the 2nd and 3rd tier of England it’s not going to be a positive for us. 

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Mar 2023 at 8:41pm
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 11:14pm

Call this Robbie Brady / Jazzy Jeff syndrome. Let's face it, all we do with these lads is give ourself false hope, and cream ourselves after they play relatively well at the start and then not to long after they start reverting to type or firing more blanks than John Wayne. 

Bazunu, Ogbene, Connolly, Parrott, Collins, Obafemi, Omobamidele, Knight and probably missing one or two ore there. The point is we are in such a desperate situation football-wise that when Collins scores a wonder goal against Ukraine reserves or Bazunu looks invincible against Portugal, we start to think we have uncovered the next Robbie Keane and it's only a matter of time before it all clicks and we are just a few decent performances away. Ferguson I fear is the current flavour of the month but for all we know could be sitting on the bench at Preston this time next year. 

The only genuinely decent finding in the last while is probably Josh Cullen. Let's face it, the 1 nil injury time winner against Lithuania last year is a more realistic assessment of where we are. I don't even include the likes of Doherty or Idah above as they are very ineffective to date. Doherty will be retiring in a few years with nothing really to show for it, bar being a bang average benchwarmer with a quirky personality. 

Agree 100% 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:16pm
Came on at HT there
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:20pm
Going back three to match Spurs from the looks of it.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 7:02pm
Praised by Lopetegui after the game.

I personally like the back 3 with Collins a lot but if we mainly still stay back 4 both Dawson and Kilman are still playing well. Unfortunately for Nathan.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 1:28pm
Craig Dawson was awful yesterday and lucky to not see red in the first half.
Collins should be back in that spot. Kilman was absolutely terrible too and probably the worst player on the pitch. Clueless defending but very good on the ball. Sorry but anyone thinking they are better players than Collins are in a fever dream.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 97>
  Share Topic