You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 97>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I think it was an increased bid that is likely to be accepted. Should be a good move for him. Tarkowski will surely leave as he is going into the last year of his contract and Nathan is more likely to get into the first team early there than at other interested clubs such as Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester. Not so good news for Jimmy Dunne, although he has been offered a new contract, or Kevin Long, though he seems to be okay with a role as a back-up. Burnley have been looking at other centre backs, though, so there may be another signing or two.

Yep you are very much on the money GC , Tarks will go and Dunne also the new owners are talking about bring in a few players so those that leave will be replaced .
Lots of Talk about Dyche and his new contract which could be somewhere double of his last one again just talk but the owners see him as the main man at the club and i think they are right .

I would say they will go for Knight again as well just a hunch .

Even if Tarkowski stays for another year Collins can play right back too so if any of Mee Tarkowski Lowton get injured he will slot into the team. The following year he will come in alongside Mee? If I recall Tarkowski had a similar introduction coming into the side regularly his 2nd season once Keane left? 

It would be a great move for him. I presume Ben Gibson is off to Norwich too? 

Also Knight to Burnley of the clubs he’s linked to i’d love. I see West Ham and Burnley really suiting him clubs not exactly teeming with depth in midfield and clubs that would suit his way of going about the game like an East African distance runner with an extra lung.

Some would point to Hendrick did Burnley suit him as regards long term but Knight is a different type of player with a huge engine the sort that would actually suit Burnley far more.

Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 3:02pm
Yes, this looks like a good move for nearly all involved - maybe not Stoke as they're being sold short I think, but they're not in a position to say no any longer it seems. Burnley seem to be looking at signing another centre back in addition to Collins, but more of a left sider so there wouldn't be too much competition there. If Tarkowski goes, which seems likely, Collins will probably go straight into the first team. Otherwise he might be centre back/right back cover for a while before breaking through.

Jimmy Dunne needs to turn that contract offer down and move, he won't play more than a handful of games at Burnley which is no good to him at this stage. He has a decent enough reputation down the divisions so will have no problem finding a club. Long will be happy enough with a backup role as ever I'm sure.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I think it was an increased bid that is likely to be accepted. Should be a good move for him. Tarkowski will surely leave as he is going into the last year of his contract and Nathan is more likely to get into the first team early there than at other interested clubs such as Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester. Not so good news for Jimmy Dunne, although he has been offered a new contract, or Kevin Long, though he seems to be okay with a role as a back-up. Burnley have been looking at other centre backs, though, so there may be another signing or two.

Yep you are very much on the money GC , Tarks will go and Dunne also the new owners are talking about bring in a few players so those that leave will be replaced .
Lots of Talk about Dyche and his new contract which could be somewhere double of his last one again just talk but the owners see him as the main man at the club and i think they are right .

I would say they will go for Knight again as well just a hunch .

Even if Tarkowski stays for another year Collins can play right back too so if any of Mee Tarkowski Lowton get injured he will slot into the team. The following year he will come in alongside Mee? If I recall Tarkowski had a similar introduction coming into the side regularly his 2nd season once Keane left? 

It would be a great move for him. I presume Ben Gibson is off to Norwich too? 

Also Knight to Burnley of the clubs he’s linked to i’d love. I see West Ham and Burnley really suiting him clubs not exactly teeming with depth in midfield and clubs that would suit his way of going about the game like an East African distance runner with an extra lung.

Some would point to Hendrick did Burnley suit him as regards long term but Knight is a different type of player with a huge engine the sort that would actually suit Burnley far more.

Yep Gibson is off to Norwich as the deal was a season loan and if they got promoted then an £8 million fee for him so i expect that still stands 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:06pm
if this goes through. hope I’m wrong but I think the kid might regret this. No way can I see dyche starting a rookie centre half week in week out. Another year at Stoke would be better for him. Wouldn’t say Burnley is the best place for progressing your career.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:14pm
Not a bad place to progress your career. Both of the last two centre halves,Michael Keane and James Tarkowski were capped by England whilst at Burnley. Keane got a big money move to Everton and Tarkowski looks to be getting a big money move also.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

if this goes through. hope I’m wrong but I think the kid might regret this. No way can I see dyche starting a rookie centre half week in week out. Another year at Stoke would be better for him. Wouldn’t say Burnley is the best place for progressing your career.

Micheal Keane was signed young and turned out alright. If anything for a young centre half its great place to go to Dyche has made pretty much every centre half at that club look good. I reckon even if Kevin Long left for a Championship club he’d be back in League 1 in 2 years. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:30pm

Micheal Keane was signed young and turned out alright. If anything for a young centre half its great place to go to Dyche has made pretty much every centre half at that club look good. I reckon even if Kevin Long left for a Championship club he’d be back in League 1 in 2 years. 
The center half’s look good because they are a dour defensive team. Mee or tarkowski couldn’t play in an expansive team where they would be left one on one.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:36pm

The center half’s look good because they are a dour defensive team. Mee or tarkowski couldn’t play in an expansive team where they would be left one on one.

That hasn’t stopped Keane or Tarkowski on the way to getting bigger transfers has it? 

Collins is also a right sided defender hence I’d take it that he would be playing weekly if signed. He would be signed as a replacement this year or next season latest if Tarkowski does stay on a year. 

They wouldn’t be spending 15m on a centre half to warm the bench.

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:41am

That hasn’t stopped Keane or Tarkowski on the way to getting bigger transfers has it? 

Collins is also a right sided defender hence I’d take it that he would be playing weekly if signed. He would be signed as a replacement this year or next season latest if Tarkowski does stay on a year. 

They wouldn’t be spending 15m on a centre half to warm the bench.

That is literally what they did with Ben Gibson. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:09am
Yes which only makes it far less likely they would do that again if anything. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 4:08pm
Very different personalities by all accounts. Gibson was reputedly arrogant and entitled, he soured relations early on with the management and coaching staff at Burnley and the club took a stand on it. Collins by contrast is a young player with great potential who is modest and eager to learn. He would I think benefit greatly from a move to Turf Moor.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 5:28pm

Very different personalities by all accounts. Gibson was reputedly arrogant and entitled, he soured relations early on with the management and coaching staff at Burnley and the club took a stand on it. Collins by contrast is a young player with great potential who is modest and eager to learn. He would I think benefit greatly from a move to Turf Moor.

I hope you are right. As has been mentioned Dyche has improved the standing of a couple of defenders at this point, Keane, Tarkowski, Trippier. 

Hopefully Collins name will be listed alongside those names in the years to come as examples of defenders who Dyche brought on a lot.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 6:55pm

Spot on again GC , question have we ever met as you know a great about the Clarets ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 7:02pm

Spot on again GC , question have we ever met as you know a great about the Clarets ?

A summer bromance could be on the cards here. Seems the ybig is also football tinder 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:30pm

I know of neither players personality but once again Collins is a right sided centre back so he will be Tarkowskis replacement presuming he goes this summer/next summer. I wouldn’t doubt that for a second. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:09pm
I have no insider's insight into Burnley. I take an interest in all English clubs with Irish players-most of them have some, to be fair-and look out for trustworthy journalistic and other sources. If the Collins transfer goes through, I think it will be good for all concerned. Stoke don't need to sell, he's on a long contract, but if the money is right they will, same as any other club.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:28pm
The positive aspect of a move for Nathan is that he has a lot of family around that know the game and will only do what's right for him and his career.
Hes a great lad and deserves the very best. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:05pm
I think this would be a good move for him. Whatever about Burnley getting an acceptable bid in, do we know if Collins is keen on the move? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 97>
  Share Topic