Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 97>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Claret Murph would be more of a judge of all things Burnley but it would make sense to see them interested in Collins. Similar profile to Micheál Keane and as seen through him and Tarkowski I suspect he will get a proper platform at Burnley to play weekly stay up and build his profile as regards getting bigger clubs taking note of him in a few years. 

Man Utd is glamourous and as a United fan reading between the lines there is interest with Darren Fletchers fingerprints all over it. My one worry would be that manager of ours plays Maguire and Lindelof every last game even with Bailly playing out of his skin he still reverts to type when pushed. Axel Tuanzebe who is the 4th choice and I suspect Collins would be the equivalent of if joining has gotten very little game time. 
Sorry Kevin, I got lost somewhere between it all making sense and Bailly reverting to type. So Collins signs for Burnley, does well and he's now at Man Utd . . . and we're now discussing his status at Old Trafford? 

Apologies I can see that now. Typed it in a rush as was busy. 

Basically he has been linked to Man Utd as a Utd fan the rumours are strong enough (Darren Fletchers finger prints all over it)

I meant Ole throughout the season has had a tendency to just revert to type and play Maguire and Lindelof in any half serious game no matter how well Bailly played and no matter how poor the other two were. Maguire was atrocious early on this season and Lindelof had one or two shockers. Bailly still wasn’t given the nod. Maguire plays every game as he’s Oles “80m main man”. 

I mean Lindelof and Maguire would play first under Ole if we signed prime Beckenbauer don’t mind Nathan Collins. Not a hope Collins becomes first choice. He will likely be 4th choice like Axel Tuanzebe who has had limited opportunities. 

Worried of that scenario if he joins us but if he joined of course it would get people giddy young Irish player signing for big club etc. Also Burnley vs Man Utd who would you choose. Wouldn’t blame anyone for choosing the latter.  

Burnley I’m loving though I’d love him to go to Burnley if Tarkowski leaves. 

Kev if not if but when Tarks leaves .
Now just say Collins did go to Burnley i very much doubt he will get much game time early on . 
Just for the sake of this lets say he signed before the start of the season ( ideal time ) he will sytart training with everyone else , he will be looked at very close as everyone that comes to Burnley has to get fit , now i know this sounds mad but you need to be Dyche fit which is a big step up . Every player that comes in no matter who never get thrown right in a few minutes as a sub builds up fitness then gets games . What Dyche does as everyman in the street knows is that he never changes a winning side so Collins will have to wait for his chance and when he gets it he has to nail it down .
A couple of years ago we signed Ben Gibson from Boro for £15 million found it hard to get a game became edgey then got his chance in the Europa Cup gave away a pen and got sent off . Not sure he played much after that cracked the $hits left the club and was loaned out to Norwich with a view to buy if they went up for £8 million .
I was told that Dyche said he would never play for the club again as he crossed the line and never did . 
So to end all this waffle if he signs he will have to wait his chance like everyone else . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 8:20pm
Keep reading on this thread of him being linked to Man United
Is he a regular starter for Stoke?
Seems to have missed a good few games this year, was he injured?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:00pm
He was a regular but got injured a few months ago, hasn't been fit since.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Claret Murph would be more of a judge of all things Burnley but it would make sense to see them interested in Collins. Similar profile to Micheál Keane and as seen through him and Tarkowski I suspect he will get a proper platform at Burnley to play weekly stay up and build his profile as regards getting bigger clubs taking note of him in a few years. 

Man Utd is glamourous and as a United fan reading between the lines there is interest with Darren Fletchers fingerprints all over it. My one worry would be that manager of ours plays Maguire and Lindelof every last game even with Bailly playing out of his skin he still reverts to type when pushed. Axel Tuanzebe who is the 4th choice and I suspect Collins would be the equivalent of if joining has gotten very little game time. 
Sorry Kevin, I got lost somewhere between it all making sense and Bailly reverting to type. So Collins signs for Burnley, does well and he's now at Man Utd . . . and we're now discussing his status at Old Trafford? 

Basically he has been linked to Man Utd as a Utd fan the rumours are strong enough (Darren Fletchers finger prints all over it)

I meant Ole throughout the season has had a tendency to just revert to type and play Maguire and Lindelof in any half serious game no matter how well Bailly played and no matter how poor the other two were. Maguire was atrocious early on this season and Lindelof had one or two shockers. Bailly still wasn’t given the nod. Maguire plays every game as he’s Oles “80m main man”. 

I mean Lindelof and Maguire would play first under Ole if we signed prime Beckenbauer don’t mind Nathan Collins. Not a hope Collins becomes first choice. He will likely be 4th choice like Axel Tuanzebe who has had limited opportunities. 

Worried of that scenario if he joins us but if he joined of course it would get people giddy young Irish player signing for big club etc. Also Burnley vs Man Utd who would you choose. Wouldn’t blame anyone for choosing the latter.  

Now just say Collins did go to Burnley i very much doubt he will get much game time early on . 
Just for the sake of this lets say he signed before the start of the season ( ideal time ) he will sytart training with everyone else , he will be looked at very close as everyone that comes to Burnley has to get fit , now i know this sounds mad but you need to be Dyche fit which is a big step up . Every player that comes in no matter who never get thrown right in a few minutes as a sub builds up fitness then gets games . What Dyche does as everyman in the street knows is that he never changes a winning side so Collins will have to wait for his chance and when he gets it he has to nail it down .
A couple of years ago we signed Ben Gibson from Boro for £15 million found it hard to get a game became edgey then got his chance in the Europa Cup gave away a pen and got sent off . Not sure he played much after that cracked the $hits left the club and was loaned out to Norwich with a view to buy if they went up for £8 million .
I was told that Dyche said he would never play for the club again as he crossed the line and never did . 
So to end all this waffle if he signs he will have to wait his chance like everyone else . 

It seems to be the case with Tarkowski just I’d never say never. Your a 100% sure he’s gone? 

Nice observation that. Dyche is that type of manager I have noticed that’s how he’s kept them up not making mass changes year on year. Wilder did the same thing with his signings prior to 19/20 and the same initially with Berge despite Berge being a clear upgrade on what they had.

Do you think Jimmy Dunne stays on? What would be his chances actually of establishing himself at Burnley long term do you harbour hopes for him?

Edited by kevin100 - 29 Apr 2021 at 11:11pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 9:19am

It seems to be the case with Tarkowski just I’d never say never. Your a 100% sure he’s gone? 

Nice observation that. Dyche is that type of manager I have noticed that’s how he’s kept them up not making mass changes year on year. Wilder did the same thing with his signings prior to 19/20 and the same initially with Berge despite Berge being a clear upgrade on what they had.

Do you think Jimmy Dunne stays on? What would be his chances actually of establishing himself at Burnley long term do you harbour hopes for him?

Tarks put out a steatment vie the club that he wants to play in Champions league and England etc etc so i would say yes he will go this summer .
 As for Jimmy ( fan talk ) it has been said in certain quarters that he wants first team football , he has been out on loan now that could happen again or he moves on , i am not sure on that one to be honest and my contact at the club has said very little about him .

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 8:47pm
Reported that Stoke have turned down a £10m bid from Burnley for Collins. Would have put him in the top 10 highest all time Irish transfers had it gone through.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:24am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Reported that Stoke have turned down a £10m bid from Burnley for Collins. Would have put him in the top 10 highest all time Irish transfers had it gone through.
He should give Burnley a wide berth. A full season of good performances with stoke will get him a better move than that. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:53am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

He should give Burnley a wide berth. A full season of good performances with stoke will get him a better move than that. 
It seems that is the start line for the Clarets as i expect they will up it to around £15 million with add ons , watch this space .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:19am

Burnley Dead
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Burnley Dead
I love this one of most hardest working defences in the premier
 league and some lads are happy to see him stuck in the championship with stoke.

He will learn away more in the premier league than he will in the championship we will have plenty lads at that level next season the more we can get out of there the better 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:46am

Burnley Dead

Liverpool , Man Utd , Chelsea , Spurs , Arsenal and Man City Dead

All depends which side you are a fan of this week Embarrassed
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 12:43pm

Burnley Dead

You going to go crying to the Mods again if I upset you?

Edited by BrendanD88 - 27 May 2021 at 12:43pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 12:45pm

Burnley Dead

You going to go crying to the Mods again if I upset you?
Heart
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 12:47pm
Burnley in a one team bidding war for Nathan Collins.

If his name ended in a vowel or he was British, there would probably be 5 or 6 teams in for him, and Stoke's position on the matter would make more sense.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 11:54pm
A few teams have joined that one team bidding war. Arsenal have shown interest before and Leicester have seemingly joined the race now. Man Utd have shown interest too reading between the lines that was quite concrete. 

15m seems to be the offer at the moment. I was thinking it would rise to 15-20m myself if the rumoured number of teams interested were true. 

Do we think he transfers this summer and what club would ye like him to go to.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 8:22am
For all the talk about our strikers he's our best underage talent. I think he probably will go and that 15m might be negotiable downwards a little, as Stoke have been paying EPL wages in the Championship to some players and need to balance the books.

I think wherever he goes he's good enough that he will get a decent amount of playing time. Leicester might be a good balance between a team higher up the table and also one where he will also play.a reasonable amount in the short term. Evans, for instance, seems to be becoming more injury prone and is well into his 30s now.

Anything over £13m would be a new record transfer fee for an Irish player under 21.

Edited by You Tell Me - 07 Jun 2021 at 9:02am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 2:16pm
Hes one of those player that just looks head and shoulders above everyone else in his age group.

He'll likely be a senior player this year at the moment oshea is ahead of him but also has a few years on him.

With Egan and oshea looking the preferred partnership at the moment and with Collins, mcguinness and omobamidele taking great steps. it looks like we'll have the centre back position covered very well.

So goalkeepers (kelleher, bazunu, Travers) I'd say we're looking good in this area.

Centre backs - well covered in this area.

Fullbacks - no real stand out potential coming through as yet, manning deserves a chance. But Doherty abs Coleman won't last forever.

Centre midfield - biggest area of concern in my opinion. Currently hourihane and hendrick most senior but haven't performed. Molumby and Cullen look like they may be good players. Knight looks the strongest prospect by a long way at this point.

Forwards - Robinson and connolly look good. Parrott was very good vs Andorra and we don't ever get a teenager scoring a couple of goals in senior games (friendly against minnows being a caveat but still....) hopefully idah can kick on too.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 3:24pm
McGuinness is in a tough situation. Very good player but in a position where we have a lot of depth with O’Shea, Omobamidele, and Collins in the same age group. It would be great if one of these kids could step forward into midfield 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 97>
  Share Topic