FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 97>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

I thought he played OK too. Wilson got the better of him physically a few times but he's a great striker who's built like a brick wall. He'll get better at managing those type of players with experience. Could have easily been a clean sheet.

Could have closed down a bit sharper on the goal but was far from at fault and that's being overly critical

He played fine and dealt with Wilson in the main very well. A player like Wilson is going to get the better of you physically from time to time that’s par for the course regardless of who you are. 

A real solid 7/8 out of 10 performance strange to say otherwise! 

Something that will come from experience is learning when to back off and that he doesn’t have compete on every single ball. He was very anxious to compete for everything with Wilson yesterday. 
I’m sure he was under strict instruction to get stuck into Wilson too.

8 out of 10 my hole! Shocked 
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

I thought he played OK too. Wilson got the better of him physically a few times but he's a great striker who's built like a brick wall. He'll get better at managing those type of players with experience. Could have easily been a clean sheet.

Could have closed down a bit sharper on the goal but was far from at fault and that's being overly critical

He played fine and dealt with Wilson in the main very well. A player like Wilson is going to get the better of you physically from time to time that’s par for the course regardless of who you are. 

A real solid 7/8 out of 10 performance strange to say otherwise! 

Something that will come from experience is learning when to back off and that he doesn’t have compete on every single ball. He was very anxious to compete for everything with Wilson yesterday. 
I’m sure he was under strict instruction to get stuck into Wilson too.

Edited by kevin100 - 17 Sep 2023 at 2:24pm
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 2:17pm

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 11:06am
Poor might have been a stretch in the immediate aftermath, but he was definitely no better than average. Has to bear at least some culpability for the goal (should have closed down his man initially and then waves a lazy leg instead of trying to stop the cross, something he did on at least three occasions). I also thought he was far too eager to get ahead of Wilson throughout the game resulting in a number of frees. Wilson is an awkward enough lad to play against tbf, but he used all his experience to come out on top of those particular battles.

Collins needs to add a bit of composure to his game defensively, he needs to learn he cant win every ball especially up against a wily old pro like Wilson.
Idah Dream!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 10:33am
Watched the game in the pub with no commentary and thought he had a good game.

Showed good awareness to head one over the bar and was decent on the ball.

He gets forward in possession quite a bit for Brentford.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 8:14am
I taught he was solid yesterday
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 12:13am
didnt see the game but in the one player ratings article i read he got a 7/10
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 11:04pm
I didn’t think he was poor. You could criticise him for letting the cross in for the goal but two other players made the crucial mistakes, particularly the keeper who bought a cynical play by Gordon and conceded the penalty that won the game. Brentford deserved a draw.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 7:35pm
Poor today. I'll get my helmet!
Idah Dream!
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 5:07pm
A short thread on Nathan Collins' 50th Premier League appearance today, the only Irish player under 30 with 50 PL appearances

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 5:54pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 4:56pm
Lovely pass from Collins for the assist.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 4:56pm
Gets an assist for a 93rd minute goal to bring it to 2-2
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 4:44pm
On now. Bringing Mee back in and playing two left footed centre backs didn't really work.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

“Nathan Collins has made the bench for Brentford”

What a carpenter!
Idah Dream!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:50pm
“Nathan Collins has made the bench for Brentford”
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:21pm
Ben Mee returns to the starting line up today. Their first game after the internationals is away to Newcastle so Collins will likely come back into the starting XI when they go 3-5-2 for that game.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

This might already have been pointed out, but has Collins ever played in midfield at any level? 

McGrath was able to play in midfield because he was a world class talent. There's an old saying that good players can play anywhere and intelligent players with the physical capabilities can transition (thinking Philipp Lahm from RB to CM), so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. It just doesn't seem very likely.

Pretty sure Lahm played midfield when younger and Bayern turned him into a FB. They did it with Alba and even Ryan Johansson played RB.

Remember someone saying beoft they liked to play midfielders as FBs when breaking into the senior team because it's a safer position to play in and helps make players versatile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 97>
  Share Topic