2019 Toulon Tournament

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 24>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:30pm

Connolly's giving the new Barca signing a rough time, he's resorting to fouling him to stop him.

Big chance there, Ronan should have got it on target. May be lacking an end product but we're continuing to try and pass it which is encouraging.

Yea Connolly is giving yer man Emerson (who is now booked) rela problems.

We need to give Connolly the ball at every opportunity in the second half.

eboue16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:31pm
LB exposed too often 1 on 1. We don't seem keen on following the runner and have more than once been sucked towards the ball when they run directly at us

Connolly should be running at that Emerson lad. He's already totted up a few fouls before that yellow

Not out off this game by a long shot and even thought Brazil prob should be 2 up we don't look a 20/1 shot.

"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:32pm

Connolly's giving the new Barca signing a rough time, he's resorting to fouling him to stop him.

Big chance there, Ronan should have got it on target. May be lacking an end product but we're continuing to try and pass it which is encouraging.
I really like Connolly. He is a right cocky little ****. He likes more than ready for a senior call-up. 

Yes, Connolly giving the 20 million Barca right back a torrid time.  

Defo has the ability even now for the senior team.

Would love to see him for the U-19s in the Euros though mind - with players like him, Idah and Coventry in the squad we should be looking to win that.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:32pm

I feel we are winning the swearing match.

Big smileBig smileBig smile
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

enjoyable to watch a team in green... actually trying to play football... strange feeling

Yes, I second that.  Proud of how the lads are standing up to these guys.  

This Brazil team are class and would beat most international senior teams, let alone u21 level.  

Our lads haven't panicked under some serious pressure and have kept playing ball. 

Hopefully they can keep this level of performance for the second half and even nick one. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:36pm

I really like Connolly. He is a right cocky little ****. He likes more than ready for a senior call-up. 

Would love to see him for the U-19s in the Euros though mind - with players like him, Idah and Coventry in the squad we should be looking to win that.  
We shouldn't be burning him out either.

The criticism of CK for the goal might be harsh, but overall he hasn't impressed. I expected more based on what I had heard.
eddiebro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:37pm
The u21s proving they’re better than our seniors 
JohnSwift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:42pm

Add in O'Connor, Knight, Connell, Obafemi, Parrott, Nathan Collins, etc and that U19 squad could be very strong.
skylarking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:42pm
Considering our seniors could barely kick straight and allowed Gibraltar to calmly complete one-twos out of defence, I'll take Ireland U21 0 Brazilian Olympic team 1 at half time. 

Let's go lads!

Edited by skylarking - 12 Jun 2019 at 5:43pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:44pm
Kelleher has has a strange tournament alright, looks good on the ball and has made some nice saves, but has also had a few too many shaky moments for my liking.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:44pm
Kelleher Confused

This tournament has not done much for his rep. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:45pm
Two down. Poor defensively. 
mully_85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:47pm
basically two shots on target and two goals am i right?? poor enuff... other than that we more than matching them
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:49pm
Add me to the list, I've seen absolutely nothing in Kelleher in these 4 games. Looks quite lazy, didn't even dive for that 2nd goal.

Other than that, still a very positive performance so far. Would nearly argue for Connolly starting ahead of McClean at this point.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:54pm
Links?

mully_85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:00pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:01pm
Well under the cosh now...

Ronan off, Taylor on. 
mully_85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:04pm
they have Barca.... we have Barnet LOL go on the lads!!

Edited by mully_85 - 12 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 24>