You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark vs Ireland 07/06/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:51am
Was Wheelan injured? 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Joxer34 Joxer34 wrote:

Going by the way Mick has been talking about him I wouldn’t be at all surprised if josh Cullen started this game. Also considering Whelan hasn’t played the past two Matches at club level
When most of the rest of the squad weren’t playing either!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Was Wheelan injured? 
No but may have paid a price for his error in the play off semi final. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:05pm
I doubt it. Every player has a horror moment at some point, he had a very good game afterwards too. It was far more likely that it was tactical.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I doubt it. Every player has a horror moment at some point, he had a very good game afterwards too. It was far more likely that it was tactical.
Maybe so, strange that he didn't bring him on with 20 minutes to go to tighten up the midfield didn't see the game so I'm probably not best positioned to comment. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:24pm
It was naivety, nothing else, and it should have cost them. 
Jimmykeno View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmykeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 6:10pm
What do ye reckon the team will be? All the talk from McCarthy sounds like very few changes from Georgia match.

I predict:  Randolph
Coleman, Duffy, Keogh, Stevens
Hendrick, whelan, Hourihane
Long, mcgoldrick, mcclean

I think he's gotta start long, has played wide right of a three for Southampton a few times and done well. Also a  threat at set pieces too and has far more pace than Brady. Hourihane seems a more reliable set piece option than him now too so his importance has waned. Personally would pick callum Robinson over mcclean too but doubt he'll start 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:18pm
Josh Cullen getting some serious love from McCarthy in every interview since landing on Tuesday, including today's performance against 21's.

Unfortunately for Josh, what's the chances of making your...
- Senior debut
- Away
- To Denmark
- In a sitting role where your main job is to stop a world class midfielder
- (Who just won the champions League 6 days previous)

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Josh Cullen getting some serious love from McCarthy in every interview since landing on Tuesday, including today's performance against 21's.

- Senior debut
- Away
- To Denmark

Meh. 

He has to make his debut somewhere. If he’s good enough then throw the lad in. 

We’re underdogs anyway and have a serious lack of options in midfield full stop. 

Also think Eriksen will be doing well to be win the Champions League on Saturday. If he does, how does he get himself up for yet another game against ‘hoof ball’ Ireland?

The Danes are an arrogant shower and won’t consider that we might have improved. A zippy young lad with a bit of energy could be exactly what we need in midfield for this game. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

- Senior debut
- Away
- To Denmark

Meh. 

We’re underdogs anyway and have a serious lack of options in midfield full stop. 

Also think Eriksen will be doing well to be win the Champions League on Saturday. If he does, how does he get himself up for yet another game against ‘hoof ball’ Ireland?

The Danes are an arrogant shower and won’t consider that we might have improved. A zippy young lad with a bit of energy could be exactly what we need in midfield for this game. 

I'd love to see Josh start, but Mick's pragmatism may kick in. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:35pm

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

- Senior debut
- Away
- To Denmark

Meh. 

I'd love to see Josh start, but Mick's pragmatism may kick in. 

There is a way to start both him and Whelan and it actually might be a decent way to approach the game. 

Hendrick could go into right or left of midfield as he has the odd time in the past. 

Keep it tight for seventy minutes and then get the likes of O’Dowda and Long off the bench to run at them for the final twenty mins. 

I personally would rather play O’Dowda instead of Hendrick, but from the way McCarthy has been talking about Cullen, something like this wouldn’t surprise me...

Randolph
Coleman Keogh Duffy Stevens 
             Cullen Whelan
Robinson   Hourihane   Hendrick
               McGoldrick

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:23pm
Id start shane long against the danes. Finished the season well and is more of a threat running at their back 4. 
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:41am
Has anyone received their tickets for this game .. I've still not received any 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 11:22am
PANIC
The dark side.. And the light
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 11:28am
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

Yep, everyone has received their tickets. The FAI is now closed until after the Gibralter game.p as JD is having his going away party. 
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Yep, everyone has received their tickets. The FAI is now closed until after the Gibralter game.p as JD is having his going away party. 

Thank you for your wonderful insight . That's great to know 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 11:50am
Looking forward to this. Going to be a very tough game but we have gone there a few times and grind out a draw under MON so certainly a chance to do the same again or even nick it with some luck. I would be happy with a draw though. McGoldrick is surely a starter. Back 5 chooses itself. Hourihane and Hendrick will start. Probably Whelan. The wings will be interesting- do we go with McClean and Brady like against Georgia? Or Brady and O'Dowda. Or O'Dowda and Robinson or Brady and Robinson. Funny enough I actually think Mick might go McClean and Doherty. Long, Robinson, Brady and O'Dowda on the bench gives us very good attacking options from the bench. Start defensive and shake it up if we need to. Might be too big of a game to start Cullen but certainly he should start against Gibraltar.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 11:57am

Yep arrived in Meath yesterday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>
  Share Topic