You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JD Out Protests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:56pm
All the snowflakes rattled from a little protest. We scored after anyway so happy days. Maybe we should do it every game. 
Sponsored Links

kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:19pm
jeez, the word snowflake is thrown about a lot these days
Rocko View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:50pm
Did I hear the Fuk Delaney & the Fai chant after the final whistle??
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Rocko Rocko wrote:

Did I hear the Fuk Delaney & the Fai chant after the final whistle??
Yes
Killowen Celtic View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killowen Celtic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:56pm
Good work.
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:03pm
Snowflakes are rattled! 
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:04pm
Few weirdos giving me stares for trying to get the f**k Delaney chant going in the south stand. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

jeez, the word snowflake is thrown about a lot these days
It is very hard to take anybody that uses it seriously.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:10pm
Plenty of Uncle Tim's on RTE tonight afraid to ruin their FAI career chances. Duff especially but commentators pretending they didn't know what was happening was pathetic. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Plenty of Uncle Tim's on RTE tonight afraid to ruin their FAI career chances. Duff especially but commentators pretending they didn't know what was happening was pathetic. 

They said it was stupid and pathetic. Which it was.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

For what reason to you feel it was either stupid or pathetic. The only way I would call it pathetic is that it didn't go nearly far enough but baby steps. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:29pm

For what reason to you feel it was either stupid or pathetic. The only way I would call it pathetic is that it didn't go nearly far enough but baby steps. 

Were trying to get to the euros here. What will throwing tennis fcking balls on the pitch possibly disrupting our game do anyone. What will it actually do? Fcking nothing. Im with duffer on this. Fcking stupid. Im not against protest but have a march or something. Dont disrupt our chances during a game. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:29pm
Why tennis balls in Ireland? What is the reasoning behind that? In Germany it is sarcasm, in Ireland it is surrealism! 

Was AbuAbu alright after the riot it caused? I hear O'Connell street is burning.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:34pm

Were trying to get to the euros here. What will throwing tennis fcking balls on the pitch possibly disrupting our game do anyone. What will it actually do? Fcking nothing. Im with duffer on this. Fcking stupid. Im not against protest but have a march or something. Dont disrupt our chances during a game. 

First off I would back any protest that caused change in the FAI. I realise that many people on here only care about the senior team but if you think the disruption caused tonight was excessive (we scored a goal 10 seconds after) then you clearly have no desire for a protest of any kind. I would advocate for far larger and more disruptive protests until Delaney and his cronies are consigned to history. 
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:37pm
Were RTE prominent in showing the banners/balls? Sky showed and discussed it a number of times at half-time/full-time coverage
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:41pm
Was against it but worked well, fair play lads 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Was against it but worked well, fair play lads 

+1 

Ensures it's in the papers again tomorrow 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 26 Mar 2019 at 10:42pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:42pm
I rather the Tennis Ball protest than nothing at all, Duff saying this is not the time or place for any sort of protest, other avenues have been tried with little to no publicity so I don’t see this as much of a bad thing as everybody else seems to. Why tennis balls I don’t know but at least it attracted some proper attention this time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic