You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JD Out Protests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L.A.A.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JD Out Protests
    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 4:04pm
Long time lurker former poster 

This has been a rollercoaster week. And with so littel time to plan anything we should just try and encourage as many fans to bring their own banners/14 sheets or whatever into the Aviva on Tuesday.
All ideas and organisers welcome to start something here through the Irish fans 

LAAD organised the Bike admobile that was at the convention centre and Dublin city for the Euro 2020 draw. It didn't create too much of a ripple but we can get it out again on Tuesday 4 hours before the match. Really put the pressure on him 

So if Irekland fans want to help fund it we need around €300

http://www.gofundme.com/the-john-delaney-out-ad-mobile - https://www.gofundme.com/the-john-delaney-out-ad-mobile

Sign LAAD petition 
http://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as--of-the-fai - https://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as-head-of-the-fai

Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 6:40pm
JamieRed View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamieRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:53am
Lads
Myself and a good friend have been working on this one for ages. The friend is a graphic designer, did a massive job on a JD out flag. They are easily 12ft x 12 and on really thin material so it fits onto a small bag/backpack. We have three made. One coming with me and a couple of mates in 110 in the corner. The other in 502 to be draped down. Perfect for TV view. The other one will be near the dugouts. Hopefully this will get the message across. 

Get as many flags in as possible.
Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
Originally posted by JamieRed JamieRed wrote:

Lads
Myself and a good friend have been working on this one for ages. The friend is a graphic designer, did a massive job on a JD out flag. They are easily 12ft x 12 and on really thin material so it fits onto a small bag/backpack. We have three made. One coming with me and a couple of mates in 110 in the corner. The other in 502 to be draped down. Perfect for TV view. The other one will be near the dugouts. Hopefully this will get the message across. 

Clap Ensure you have someone ready to record in case that it gets taken off you
niftof9 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftof9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
Why doesn't every one going to the Aviva tonight wear an item of black clothing, jacket, t-shirt, jumper..whatever it is over their jerseys or kit. A few minutes of wearing it at start to signal the death or funeral of Irish football if john Delaney remains. Then remove for green and everybody can support the team?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:01am
Originally posted by niftof9 niftof9 wrote:

Why doesn't every one going to the Aviva tonight wear an item of black clothing, jacket, t-shirt, jumper..whatever it is over their jerseys or kit. A few minutes of wearing it at start to signal the death or funeral of Irish football if john Delaney remains. Then remove for green and everybody can support the team?

Bit late in the day now, most will have left for the day already
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:01am

Lads

Good of you to give the FAI advanced warning
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Lads

Good of you to give the FAI advanced warning

All eyes are on the FAI tonight. Flags that get confiscated will get more publicity than those that don’t if done right and there’s evidence 
niftof9 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftof9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
Yeah thats a fair point, black tape then over the arm. or someone get down to pennys and stock up on some 2.5 black tees :)  its a symbol of protest and less disruptive to team. also wouldn't lead to fines or fan division. 
Amamac View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amamac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:24am
Hi lads,
another  lurker of the site.
I have a very simple idea for a protest. That can get everyone involved.

Show JD the red card. 
No paper required just use our phones.
 MDownload a red background image from google. Saved to your photos. make sure the red image covers the whole screen. 
At a certain time the whole place shows the red card (screen)

Maybe it wouldn’t work but it’s definitely a protest they can’t hamper. Plus everyone has a phone
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:42am

Lads

I hope these are fake locations and will be unveiled in different areas. Otherwise you just told Delaney's Lurkers where to watch out for. 

Best way to smuggle the small flags and banners in is through premium. They dont search you going in there. They can be then dropped down over the balcony onto 114 or you can walk down from the premium to the bottom tier. 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Amamac Amamac wrote:

Hi lads,
another  lurker of the site.
I have a very simple idea for a protest. That can get everyone involved.

Show JD the red card. 
No paper required just use our phones.
 MDownload a red background image from google. Saved to your photos. make sure the red image covers the whole screen. 
At a certain time the whole place shows the red card (screen)

Maybe it wouldn’t work but it’s definitely a protest they can’t hamper. Plus everyone has a phone

That’s actually a really good idea. Feel it’s too late to get word around now though.
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:11am
not at all too late. Download it yourself...and tell anybody you know who is going. It takes 1 minute to download. I've got mine ready

Certain time...lets say the 10 minutes in?

Edited by DangerHere - 26 Mar 2019 at 10:13am
Amamac View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amamac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:39am
Not sure how effective a red screen would be under stadium lights though. It would work if the whole stadium was involved and the best way to plan that would be in advance with a Facebook event set up and all social media utilised to get the word out. To fans and media. Maybe an idea for a future match, if the cowboy still has his new job.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

not at all too late. Download it yourself...and tell anybody you know who is going. It takes 1 minute to download. I've got mine ready

Certain time...lets say the 10 minutes in?
Could the red card get enough attention? if it was shared on ybig Facebook and twitter it would be easily done and could be screenshotted. It wouldn't be long generating interest also as its easy to do and should spread quick on social media.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:44am

Are we to be treated to the drummers who like to start banging away at very strategic moments this evening? I hope they get slaughtered if they are there 
El Puto Amo
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:48am
Trumpet band might make an appearance again
Danger here, OH NO
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:03am
Lads we have set up a whatsapp group detailing the protests for tonight if you want added to the group send a PM to Mc Hammered.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic