13 [15.48%]
32 [38.10%]
16 [19.05%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:44pm
0-0 
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Previously under McCarthy we were much better at home than away. So I would expect an improved performance and a win by 1 or 2 goals.

You cannot base what went before to now. 
17 years ago! 

McCarthy is a win your home games, try and get something away, type manager. It's the Charlton DNA in him.

After his first campaign, he made Lansdowne a fortress. That's what he'll try to do again.

.....................HOME........AWAY

.....................W D L

FRA....... 98 - 2 4 0         3 0 3

EURO 2000 - 4 1 0         1 2 2

JAP/KOR 02 - 5 1 0         3 2 1

Ah here ffs. Look at the squad he had then and has  now. Majority of those starting XI's then were playing top flight football in England on an almost weekly basis. The players we have now aren't
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:32pm
2-0
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:25pm
1-0 for us
The only way is up
GINN2 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Previously under McCarthy we were much better at home than away. So I would expect an improved performance and a win by 1 or 2 goals.

17 years ago! 

McCarthy is a win your home games, try and get something away, type manager. It's the Charlton DNA in him.

After his first campaign, he made Lansdowne a fortress. That's what he'll try to do again.

Ah here ffs. Look at the squad he had then and has  now. Majority of those starting XI's then were playing top flight football in England on an almost weekly basis. The players we have now aren't

+1
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

17 years ago! 

The team back then was undoubtedly better, but what I'm talking about is how I expect McCarthy to approach the games at home in this campaign.

Based on past performance, I think we'll get a much more positive strategy. 

What we got from him in the past was a higher tempo of play. More pressure on the opposition, and more chances created. A mix of passing and long balls, and therefore more possession of the ball.

Over the last number of years it's been very comfortable for teams coming to Lansdowne. We let them have the ball, even teams like Moldova. We have been very predictable and have taken few risks. We don't create many chances. We waste time a lot, and we don't "inflict our game" on the opposition. 

And the atmosphere has been very flat.

We've had good away form for years but our poor performance in home games is what is costing us qualification for tournaments.

If it's the old McCarthy, we should be going out to win games from the start, getting the crowd going and making Lansdowne a place teams hate to come to.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 4:28pm
"...If it's the old McCarthy, we should be going out to win games from the start, getting the crowd going and making Lansdowne a place teams hate to come to...."

Yeah, and Roy Keane should be told to really intimidate the Georgian midfield from the off.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

It's got Draw written all over it 

I'd agree there Fruice
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 5:13pm
2-1

Early goal.
Concession of impetus.
Georgia equalizer.
Late rally.
Added time winner.
Tony O'Donoghue questions Mick about Delaney.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 5:27pm
2-1 Ireland but if I wasn't Irish and didn't have any bias 1-1 written all over it. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 6:11pm
2-0 Ireland, one of the goals being a pen
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 6:18pm
Who takes our penalties these days?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 6:25pm
This game worries me. Hopefully a 1-0 scrappy win
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:31pm
0-0
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:36pm
I hope to f**k I'm wrong but I've an awful sense of dread that this is gonna be a frustrating night for us that ends up in a draw.
Hopefully not though. There will surely be a reaction out of the players after how bad we were against Gibraltar.
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

I hope to f**k I'm wrong but I've an awful sense of dread that this is gonna be a frustrating night for us that ends up in a draw.
Hopefully not though. There will surely be a reaction out of the players after how bad we were against Gibraltar.
I would take a draw after Saturday!
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:22pm
0-0
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:28pm
No we will win. Not sure how or by how much but im convinced we will win. Hope its as comfortable as possible but im posotive we will do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic