13 [15.48%]
32 [38.10%]
16 [19.05%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rep. of Ireland v Georgia - Score predictions
    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:18am
No excuses for the players here.

I predict and would take a 1-0 right now.

Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
Depends on the team he puts out, and how they’re set up. I do believe you need to write down each players position and basic task on their arm in permanent marker with this lot.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:01am
1-1.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:06am
Hopefully 1-0 but it’s hard to see a goal really. We won’t get a gimme from schoolboy defending like yesterday anyway. Or maybe mick brings a bit of luck with him, a start of 6 points playing badly as we are would be unreal.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:31am
It's got Draw written all over it 
You would hope a big home crowd we might get over the line.

Then away to Denmark and if we could steal a draw home to Gibraltar then
we could have 10 points after 4 games. And if mick is as good as tactuation as we are lead to believe  he might have us in some shape and with few granny rulers up front who knows.

That being said Georgia at 5\1 Tuesday is not a bad bet
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:38am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Depends on the team he puts out, and how they’re set up. I do believe you need to write down each players position and basic task on their arm in permanent marker with this lot.

LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:57am
You can’t play the same team or a 4-4-2. We know Georgia and they have made us sweat for our last wins and draw against them, and have often been unlucky not to get more than they got.

I think there needs to be a holding midfielder, but that can’t sacrifice a player up top. Essentially a similar way to how we set up against Sweden in 2016 would make sense.
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:25am
We will be very lucky to get a win here. Georgia will probably have more possession and cause us problems . We made Gibraltar look good on the ball Angry. I'd start judge, we need someone who is not afraid to get on the ball and who can see a pass. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Whatever problems we have the answer to our problems is not Glenn Whalan...
Neither is it Hendrick or Hourihane, as they so ineptly showed yesterday. I don't think we have a solution, but we do have a more structured midfield when Whelan plays.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Whatever problems we have the answer to our problems is not Glenn Whalan...
He is the best we got and that tells it's own story

Edited by Fruice - 24 Mar 2019 at 11:42am
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:50am
I fear dropping points but predicting a 1-0 

scrappy goal

Georgia had no penetration and nothing going forward yesterday for all that they can knock it about a bit in midfield, we should be compact and resolute enough to keep them out, and if its 0-0 for a while can see them sitting on that
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:01pm
2-0 Ireland. Mick was always at his best in the home matches while MON was at his most toxic.Georgia are being overrated by our last 2 incredibly feeble performances against them. I think we'll come third in the group with a 50/50 chance in the play offs as Mick should have improved us more by then.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:07pm
I put down a score draw, but this could be any score imaginable. The only thing I would rule out is an Ireland hammering. Anything could happen between two poor sides. It is more conceivable that we collapse and get beaten 4-0 than win by a similar score, especially if we play the same team. 
I expect there will be changes though, just not as many as I would like.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:11pm
1-2 too Georgia
FunkyMonkey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkyMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:17pm
http://startingeleven.co.uk/user-ation/273144 - http://startingeleven.co.uk/user-formation/273144" border="">
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:23pm
I can see us win it by a goal. We can only but improve on yesterday and I think we will do.

We were very lucky to start Mick's tenure with such a weak fixture. Imagine if the opening game had been away to Switzerland.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I can see us win it by a goal. We can only but improve on yesterday and I think we will do.

We were very lucky to start Mick's tenure with such a weak fixture. Imagine if the opening game had been away to Switzerland.

Dunno. Might have been better.

Different set up. Probably only 1 up front. Stronger midfield. Playing a team that won't play 11 behind the ball. We would have less possession, which would play to our strengths more.

I still think yesterday was a freak. And unfortunate for the players and Mick, it was the opening to a new tenure. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I put down a score draw, but this could be any score imaginable. The only thing I would rule out is an Ireland hammering. Anything could happen between two poor sides. It is more conceivable that we collapse and get beaten 4-0 than win by a similar score, especially if we play the same team. 
I expect there will be changes though, just not as many as I would like.

Who would you bring in PM? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic