Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

players' rating vs the Rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:25pm
We barely beat Gibraltar and only two players fail to get pass marks?
Sponsored Links

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

A 5 is a pass mark??
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

A 5 is a pass mark??
That is truly astonishing mathematical excellence.LOL

40%, is often usually considered a pass mark. The lowest level of performance acceptable. I would be strongly of the opinion that not too many managed that.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 1:56pm
If Matt Doherty or Sean Maguire (for example) individually were the only ones to have bad performances then you could say maybe we need to try something else or someone else in those positions, but the fact is everybody was sh*t, so it points to an overall issue (on the day).

Anybody calling anything at this stage needs to have their head examined.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 1:59pm
You really had to be there to believe it. Wind was awful, pitch was a joke, it even failed the UEFA pitch inspection. Shambles of a set up. Should never have been played there 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:14pm

A 5 is a pass mark??

40%, is often usually considered a pass mark. The lowest level of performance acceptable. I would be strongly of the opinion that not too many managed that.

Didn't realise it was a university exam standard were conducting. But if it was then yes not too many would have made it. As it is it isn't a university exam and to me 6 is average and work from there.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

You really had to be there to believe it. Wind was awful, pitch was a joke, it even failed the UEFA pitch inspection. Shambles of a set up. Should never have been played there 

Not trying to be smart, but if it failed the pitch inspection, why was the game allowed to go ahead?
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Not trying to be smart, but if it failed the pitch inspection, why was the game allowed to go ahead?

Probably UEFA saving face. They're the ones who told Gibraltar they have to XY and Z to get it up to standard. They did. UEFA said go ahead. Then it fails bounce test. UEFA didn't want to do a u-turn at late stage.

Edited by Banjaxed - 24 Mar 2019 at 2:23pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:26pm

A 5 is a pass mark??

Didn't realise it was a university exam standard were conducting. But if it was then yes not too many would have made it. As it is it isn't a university exam and to me 6 is average and work from there.
Surely six is above average, 5 is average and 4 just below? It is all f**king irrelevant anyway.

We know the pitch is terrible and the wind was awful, it excuses nothing. Gibraltar played the conditions far better. We continued to hump the ball into the wind or into the channels, despite everyone being able to see that this  was giving them a chance.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:28pm
Do people think a good LOI side would have won more comfortably last night? 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:30pm
Edit: Wrong thread

Edited by Denis Irwin - 24 Mar 2019 at 2:30pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:34pm
Genuinely astounded to see so many excuses being made for these Irish players. If we played yesterday with 8 players, leaving Duffy, Hendrick and McClean on the bench, there wouldn't have been much difference in our general play. We possibly would have been better as Duffy and Hendrick just kept kicking the ball away.

It cannot be underestimated how bad most of our players were yesterday. A 0/10 mark for Duffy and McClean is fair and also kind to them. Hendrick 1/10 for a lovely finish for the goal but an all round deplorable display is also fair.

All the while many are talking about how Doherty Coleman didn't work. A setup given 50 odd minutes to settle. What an absolute cod by McCarthy to hook Doherty and leave the likes of McClean on btw. I was of the opinion before this game that McCarthys tenure is going to be a disaster and pretty grim. I really didn't think that it would effectively be dying a death after 1 game against Gibraltar though. Wasn't Mick brought in to get us back playing some semblance of attacking football? What the game plan yesterday, puc fada competition was it?

Edited by Hans Moleman - 24 Mar 2019 at 2:35pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Do people think a good LOI side would have won more comfortably last night? 

Yes. Dundalk would have looked more comfortable and won more comfortably.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Probably UEFA saving face. They're the ones who told Gibraltar they have to XY and Z to get it up to standard. They did. UEFA said go ahead. Then it fails bounce test. UEFA didn't want to do a u-turn at late stage.

Emmet Malone in the Irish Times wrote yesterday that "The pitch here , as it happens, has apparently been the subject of repeated inspections this week by Uefa who obliged the hosts to keep working on it before finally passing it as fit to actually stage the game on Thursday".
I did hear something on Newstalk on the bounce test.

I presume that Gibraltor will be obliged to play all other home group games there.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Emmet Malone in the Irish Times wrote yesterday that "The pitch here , as it happens, has apparently been the subject of repeated inspections this week by Uefa who obliged the hosts to keep working on it before finally passing it as fit to actually stage the game on Thursday".
I did hear something on Newstalk on the bounce test.

I presume that Gibraltor will be obliged to play all other home group games there.

You would hope so and would hope the FAI would raise any objections to it if not
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:54pm
Are lads here actually suggesting that the likes of Switzerland and Denmark might drop points away to Gibraltar on that same pitch? I've seen Seamus Coleman mention something similar in an interview after the match. We are well and truly through the looking glass now people.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Are lads here actually suggesting that the likes of Switzerland and Denmark might drop points away to Gibraltar on that same pitch? I've seen Seamus Coleman mention something similar in an interview after the match. We are well and truly through the looking glass now people.

I certainly am not suggesting they will. However, what I am saying is that if we had to go there and play on that pitch they should too. What I would be seriously annoyed about is if UEFA decided the pitch wasn't up to standard and they had to move to Faro. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:08pm
Denmark and Switzerland will both beat Gibraltar by at least three goals away from home.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic