players' rating vs the Rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:25pm
We barely beat Gibraltar and only two players fail to get pass marks?
Sponsored Links

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:23pm
Randolph 8- Great save which kept us from going behind and with how we were playing it was a big save.

Coleman 5- Needs to do much more in a green shirt. 

Duffy 4- Poor game and missed a few half decent chances

Keogh 5- Not much to do but still didn't fully convince.

Stevens 5- Tried to get forward though needs more composure.

Doherty 4- Didn't work out for me. Didn't look comfortable and gave the ball away a lot.

Hourihane 6- Probably our best outfield player. Kept the ball nicely without offering much penetration really.

Hendrick 5- Well taken goal but still capable of much more.

McClean 3- His worst game in a long time in an Irish shirt. Gave so many silly fouls away and offered nothing.

McGoldrick 5- Looked ok at times but lacks pace and can be a bit wayward with passing.

Maguire 3- Offered nothing. Will need to do far better to have any chance of a permenent role in the team.

Subs

Brady 4- Out of position again but still was poor enough. Had a few good positions to do something but chose the wrong option.

Arter 4- At least tried to get on the ball and move it but wasn't great. Still think he should start against Georgia. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:37am
Blaming the pitch LOLLOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Worried for Tuesday.
No cohesiveness, nobody leading the team. Coleman too meek. 
There is a serious lack of leaders alright. There was a lot of lads looking around for a leader,  none taking the responsibility themselves. I know I have said it before, but it is truer now than ever before, we are badly lacking a midfielder with confidence and responsibility. They don't even have to have much ability, although it would help!  The two lads today didn't even try to impose themselves on Gibraltar. That is criminal and why I find some of the posts saying they did ok as baffling. A proper midfield today and we win the game easily, it may not have been a hammering or a stroll, but there would have been very few nervy moments,. 
If you have a midfielder who constantly  looks for the ball, Duffy and Keogh  don't launch it as much, or, if they do , they get an earful for it. In the first half, a half where Hourihane and Hendrick are being absolved of any blame by some on here, nobody came and put their foot on the ball and started stringing a few short passes together to get some momentum in the game and show which team is superior.  Whelan, for all his limitations and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about him still being in the squad, would have provided that. I just hope he was just being rested for Tuesday.
I also think that Egan should get the nod ahead of Keogh. In games where we are the favourites, you can't have two central defenders whose first thought is to aimlessly punt the ball. Egan seems to be the better in this regard.

McCarthy does have to take some blame too. There seemed to be a deliberate tactic of trying to put the ball into the corners for Maguire to chase. I would be unable to understand the logic of that on a  grass pitch, on a surface with very little traction it was bonkers. The changes made little sense either, I am sure there was some logic to them, it just wasn't apparent to me. If he was keeping Whelan for Tuesday, he should have brought Arter on at half-time,  as poor as I think he is, to try and introduce a bit of drive into the midfield. It really felt like we played ninety minutes without a midfield structure, which is one of the main reasons we all got so fed up of MON...
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:56pm
Everyone is blaming out players but if the whole team was under par it is the f**kING COACH
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:54pm
It was Micks fault. should have changed formation. And playera. egan and Long are better on the ball than keogh and duffy. Play a back 3. Play mcclean as a left forward. Play maguire there as well. ....he was defeated tactically by their uruguayan coach.

Edited by Gerry Geary - 23 Mar 2019 at 11:54pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:48pm
Worried for Tuesday.
No cohesiveness, nobody leading the team. Coleman too meek. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

The flack Hendrick takes is bizarre alright, literally our only midfielder capable of dribbling past opposition players. Had a pretty good game today topped off with a good goal. Himself and Arter is our best midfield pairing, two players who are actually competent on the ball and don't sh*t themselves at the slightest hint of pressure.
Just admit it, you have a bit of a man crush on Jeff.....is it the boy band hair and prison tattoos? You seem to be the only one that sees a footballer there when to everyone else he just looks like an impostor

Jaysis, that is a new level of embarrassing from you. Are you that insecure in your opinions that you have to insinuate those who disagree with you are gay? Most people stop doing that around the age of 10...
The term 'man-crush' doesn't imply homosexuality, nothing from that post did. 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:00pm

The flack Hendrick takes is bizarre alright, literally our only midfielder capable of dribbling past opposition players. Had a pretty good game today topped off with a good goal. Himself and Arter is our best midfield pairing, two players who are actually competent on the ball and don't sh*t themselves at the slightest hint of pressure.
Just admit it, you have a bit of a man crush on Jeff.....is it the boy band hair and prison tattoos? You seem to be the only one that sees a footballer there when to everyone else he just looks like an impostor

No no me and sean dyche also see it. Ya the PL coach.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:58pm

Jaysis, that is a new level of embarrassing from you. Are you that insecure in your opinions that you have to insinuate those who disagree with you are gay? Most people stop doing that around the age of 10...
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:52pm

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Anyone thinking the majority of our players deserve ratings of higher than 1/10 or 2/10 are for the birds.

I would genuinely give Duffy 0/10. Hendrick 1/10 for a lovely finish. Hourihane 1/10 for the 2 or 3 lovely dead balls. McClean 0/10. Randolph should get 8/10 for a massive save. A save that could well have saved us from our worst result in history if they'd gone ahead. Stevens 1/10. Actually thought the Coleman Doherty combination wasn't nearly as bad as what was going on around them. McCarthy should have left them persist with it. McGoldrick at least attempted to get on the ball a few times and show some composure. 2/10. Maguire 1/10 for a lovely ball to Coleman that nearly ended in a lovely goal. Still think Maguire is massive for us for the next few years, by far our best finisher. Keogh 2/10 for a good block. Brady 1/10. Arter 1/10.

The most depressing thought of the evening
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Anyone thinking the majority of our players deserve ratings of higher than 1/10 or 2/10 are for the birds.

I would genuinely give Duffy 0/10. Hendrick 1/10 for a lovely finish. Hourihane 1/10 for the 2 or 3 lovely dead balls. McClean 0/10. Randolph should get 8/10 for a massive save. A save that could well have saved us from our worst result in history if they'd gone ahead. Stevens 1/10. Actually thought the Coleman Doherty combination wasn't nearly as bad as what was going on around them. McCarthy should have left them persist with it. McGoldrick at least attempted to get on the ball a few times and show some composure. 2/10. Maguire 1/10 for a lovely ball to Coleman that nearly ended in a lovely goal. Still think Maguire is massive for us for the next few years, by far our best finisher. Keogh 2/10 for a good block. Brady 1/10. Arter 1/10.

But, but we won! And Jeff is great! He played well once in a big game!
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

That is my opinion, if you don't like it I have loads of others!

Please let that remain a threat, and not become a promise. 
I feel obliged now...

Best have a lie down 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

I feel obliged now...
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:41pm

Edited by Fitz - 23 Mar 2019 at 10:42pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:40pm

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
garretjoseph View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:36pm
Randolph 9
Coleman 1
duffy 1
keogh 2
stevens 1

doherty 1
hendrick 4.5
hourihane 4.5
mcclean .5

mcgoldrick .5
maguire .5

Disgusted. Randolph saved 2 points on his own. Joke of a performance by the rest. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic