You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2020 qualifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:46pm
Bloody Welch have a hell of alot of young talent coming through, exciting players performing at this level already.....our underage teams are doing very well but they seem a way off breakthrough at club level let alone International level
Sponsored Links

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:55pm
Wales start with a win and how bad were Scotland the other day? The Kazakhs have lost 4-0 at home to Russia

Looking at the stats though, the Welsh might have been lucky to get the three points : the Slovaks had more possession and more shots on target

Edited by Strazdas - 24 Mar 2019 at 4:04pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 6:23pm
Israel 3-1 upon austria i see. Surprise. Svots still only 1 up on san marino. Crotia drawing in hungary. Damn all easy games these days.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 6:26pm
Make that israel 4-1 up now. Wow
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Make that israel 4-1 up now. Wow
Make that 4-2. Arnie 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:31pm
Is Jonny Evans one of Rory McIlroy's alter egos?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:51pm
Great result for Israel.

Their manager is an Austrian and has just thumped his own country !

Initially some Israeli fans were protesting against the appointment of an Austrian to their national team for rather obvious historical reasons.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Great result for Israel.

Initially some Israeli fans were protesting against the appointment of an Austrian to their national team for rather obvious historical reasons.
He was a fine player too.
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:00pm

Great result for Israel.

what are your thoughts on big eck? You want him sacked?
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

Great result for Israel.

just looked back through the thread and saw what you thought. 👍🏻
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:04pm
The Holland 2-2 Germany
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:31pm

just looked back through the thread and saw what you thought. 👍🏻[/QUOTE]

I've cooled doon a wee bit now. I have been a bit OTT with my criticism of him but aye, he really should go for the good of the country. 

It's very clear that the players have no clear instructions and don't know what he wants of them, others seem not to want to play for Scotland whilst he's the manager.

He is not a well man either. Look at him and listen to him. He should not be managing an international football team with resulting pressures. The SFA should step in and end it but they won't.

Alex McLeish deserves to be remembered as a cracking centre back for Aberdeen and Scotland in the 1980s and for his 2007 spell in charge as manager when we (briefly) got a bit of belief back. Not as the physical and mental wreck he currently is and the shambolic match performance's he's overseeing. 

If Steve Clarke won't take the job (I'm sceptical he will) then I think we should go for a foreigner. I don't want any the probable SFA native choices of Malky Mackay, David Moyes, Derek McInnes or Scot Gemmill.

Quite a lot of the TA were audibly chanting "McLeish out", "McLeish must go", "f**k the SFA", "Sack the board" at today's match.

Oddly enough, if Gordon Strachan had only just ditched some of his favourites like Barry Bannan sooner and called up Stuart Armstrong, Callum McGregor and Ryan Fraser much earlier than he did, he might still have been in a job ! I think that was his downfall at Celtic too, he was too loyal to his old favourites and it cost him.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:39pm

just looked back through the thread and saw what you thought. 👍🏻

I've cooled doon a wee bit now. I have been a bit OTT with my criticism of him but aye, he really should go for the good of the country. 

It's very clear that the players have no clear instructions and don't know what he wants of them, others seem not to want to play for Scotland whilst he's the manager.

He is not a well man either. Look at him and listen to him. He should not be managing an international football team with resulting pressures. The SFA should step in and end it but they won't.

Alex McLeish deserves to be remembered as a cracking centre back for Aberdeen and Scotland in the 1980s and for his 2007 spell in charge as manager when we (briefly) got a bit of belief back. Not as the physical and mental wreck he currently is and the shambolic match performance's he's overseeing. 

If Steve Clarke won't take the job (I'm sceptical he will) then I think we should go for a foreigner. I don't want any the probable SFA native choices of Malky Mackay, David Moyes, Derek McInnes or Scot Gemmill.

Quite a lot of the TA were audibly chanting "McLeish out", "McLeish must go", "f**k the SFA", "Sack the board" at today's match.

Oddly enough, if Gordon Strachan had only just ditched some of his favourites like Barry Bannan sooner and called up Stuart Armstrong, Callum McGregor and Ryan Fraser much earlier than he did, he might still have been in a job ! I think that was his downfall at Celtic too, he was too loyal to his old favourites and it cost him.
[/QUOTE]

Do you have any more info on his health than just his appearance? He never looked the healthiest to me!

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Do you have any more info on his health than just his appearance? He never looked the healthiest to me!

There's quite a lot people who know exactly what's wrong but I don't think I should be posting it on a public forum. However there are other places online that tell you what the problem is.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:51pm
Arthur Scargill...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Arthur Scargill...

I'm afraid you've lost me there mate LOL. Care to expand ?

That actually allows me to tell a good story related by Alex Ferguson.

During the 1984 miners strike the Scotland squad met up for their upcoming game. Our manager at that time was of course the immortal Jock Stein, with Alex Ferguson as his assistant manager. 

Early in his life before becoming a professional footballer, Stein had spent several years working down the coal mines in Lanarkshire (all gone now) and was naturally a big supporter of the miners cause.

One day the coach containing the squad, management, kit man, doctor, physio etc was on the road and near a large picket line of striking miners. Stein ordered the bus stopped. Went outside and emptied his wallet into the collection bucket. Cool

He then went back on the bus and ordered all the players to make a "generous" donation ! Clap

Quite what noted staunch Tory supporter Graeme Souness thought about this, is unknown. LOL

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 24 Mar 2019 at 10:05pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:25pm
Holland-Germany great game.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:40pm

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Arthur Scargill...

I'm afraid you've lost me there mate LOL. Care to expand ?

That actually allows me to tell a good story related by Alex Ferguson.

During the 1984 miners strike the Scotland squad met up for their upcoming game. Our manager at that time was of course the immortal Jock Stein, with Alex Ferguson as his assistant manager. 

Early in his life before becoming a professional footballer, Stein had spent several years working down the coal mines in Lanarkshire (all gone now) and was naturally a big supporter of the miners cause.

One day the coach containing the squad, management, kit man, doctor, physio etc was on the road and near a large picket line of striking miners. Stein ordered the bus stopped. Went outside and emptied his wallet into the collection bucket. Cool

He then went back on the bus and ordered all the players to make a "generous" donation ! Clap

Quite what noted staunch Tory supporter Graeme Souness thought about this, is unknown. LOL
Its Dublin rhymning slang for gargle and I'm sure you can work it out from there..

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 24 Mar 2019 at 11:41pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic