You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2020 qualifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryman95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:12pm
It's wrong and very upsetting for the players but sadly it is often the norm in these games against eastern european countries. They shouldn't have to put up with it, but all three had fantastic games and they deserve huge credit for that.
Sponsored Links

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:21pm
Now this is significant.

TA supporters clubs are now demanding that the SFA sack McLeish. 

The support clubs never even went that far when Vogts, Burley* or the arrogant, spiteful ****** went past the point of no return.

*Wee George has my sympathy though. He suffered some unbelievably cruel bad luck during his time in charge. Such a lovely guy too who was proud as punch to be managing his country.
** also known by the name of "Craig Levein" but I know him as "that stupid ****"
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:59pm
Why do you hate Levein so much and is it just yourself personally or is it throughout Scottish supporters 
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

Why do you hate Levein so much and is it just yourself personally or is it throughout Scottish supporters 

f**k me sideways ! Where do I start on Levein ! ?

He just played really the most depressing, ugly, uninspiring football you can imagine. The ultimate devotee of ultra-defensive crap.

After bad results he had a habit of singling out individual players and putting the blame on them rather than himself. The actions of a coward.

The man has very thin skin. He cannot accept criticism of himself at all. There were a few occasions where he walked out on journalists or gave the fans the "evil eye".

Called up some really mediocre players (such as Ryan Stevenson, Ricky Foster, Danny Swanson - none of whom ever got capped thankfully) to squads and left other more deserving of a call up at home. He also had a habit of going down to England to watch one player in a match when he could have went to another match and seen four of five of his squad play.

Brought his beloved Ian Black on for one game purely to "get it right up" the supporters who complained he wasn't not anywhere near good enough for the internationals.

He developed an amazing strategy of "give the ball to Charlie Adam, let him blindly boot it hard as he can up the park and see what happens."

Levein was just a horrible, arrogant prick. None of us liked him. Although Strachan ultimately failed, at least he ditched a number of Levein's players, changed the tactics and tried to expand the playing style.

Fancy him as a future Ireland manager ? He's only a phone call away.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

He just played really the most depressing, ugly, uninspiring football you can imagine. The ultimate devotee of ultra-defensive crap.

After bad results he had a habit of singling out individual players and putting the blame on them rather than himself. The actions of a coward.

The man has very thin skin. He cannot accept criticism of himself at all. There were a few occasions where he walked out on journalists or gave the fans the "evil eye".

Called up some really mediocre players (such as Ryan Stevenson, Ricky Foster, Danny Swanson - none of whom ever got capped thankfully) to squads and left other more deserving of a call up at home. He also had a habit of going down to England to watch one player in a match when he could have went to another match and seen four of five of his squad play.

Brought his beloved Ian Black on for one game purely to "get it right up" the supporters who complained he wasn't not anywhere near good enough for the internationals.

He developed an amazing strategy of "give the ball to Charlie Adam, let him blindly boot it hard as he can up the park and see what happens."

Levein was just a horrible, arrogant prick. None of us liked him. Although Strachan ultimately failed, at least he ditched a number of Levein's players, changed the tactics and tried to expand the playing style.

Good to see you back posting Ersatz Thumbs Up

But Strachan managing us?! He can fook right off. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:24pm

No thanks. We had his identical twin MON.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I'm always lurking round here IrishMUFC ! I've even given yis a good write up over on the TAMB where I post every day.

I didn't mean Gordon Strachan managing ROI, I meant Levein (the ****) !

Had fate brought Strachan and the ROI national team together it would probably have panned out almost the same as it did when he was managing us. Some good games, a few nice results, but ultimately just too reluctant to embrace new players and tactics, which cost him the job.

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 27 Mar 2019 at 10:26pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:35pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I'm always lurking round here IrishMUFC ! I've even given yis a good write up over on the TAMB where I post every day.

I didn't mean Gordon Strachan managing ROI, I meant Levein (the ****) !

Had fate brought Strachan and the ROI national team together it would probably have panned out almost the same as it did when he was managing us. Some good games, a few nice results, but ultimately just too reluctant to embrace new players and tactics, which cost him the job.
The TA need to get themselves a barrow load of tennis balls...does the trick nicely.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:19am
Just read on the TAMB, that papers later this morning will report that McLeish has been sacked.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 8:49am
When did McLeish get the job? Before the nations league was it? I thought they did reasonably well in the NL despite losing in Israel.
Is he basically getting sacked for one result in Kazakhstan then?
Terrible appointment from the SFA
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 8:53am
David Moyes and Steve Clarke joint favourites to take over.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

When did McLeish get the job? Before the nations league was it? I thought they did reasonably well in the NL despite losing in Israel.
Is he basically getting sacked for one result in Kazakhstan then?
Terrible appointment from the SFA
The performance in Israel was described as their worst ever. To now have two contenders for that honour, as well as the rumours about his well-being, means there is an air of inevitability about it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

David Moyes and Steve Clarke joint favourites to take over.

I would take Clarke but not that useless floppy cock Moyes. 

Interestingly it seems some of the players have been complaining to the SFA about Malky Mackay (the "performance director") but the exact reason why is unclear.
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 12:38am
Michael O’Neill would have been a great appointment for Scotland at the time but instead ye ended up with big eck, very poor alternative.
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:28pm
Wales 1-0 Azerbaijan......howler og
San Marino 0-0 Belgium after 43 mins
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:09pm
The Dutch just gone 2-1 up in Germany. Could be a very bad result for the nordies.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:58pm
Not a bad day of results for us for the playoff
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 10:10pm
The Dutch look class. Could win the whole thing.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
  Share Topic