EURO 2020 qualifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EURO 2020 qualifiers
    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Only just realised that if Serbia win the path C playoff they're playing Croatia in hampden park.Ermm

'Kin hellLOL

Nice bit of overtime for the Glasgow Constabulary 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 1:25pm
Only just realised that if Serbia win the path C playoff they're playing Croatia in hampden park.Ermm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:38am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

cheers, would be nice to get a ticket for the rof16 game if we aren’t in the tournament considering the potential game it could be.

On the chance Ireland were to make that round, would the games be the same day? If not could you apply for both?

7 games max that's the limit and none on the same day 

There is no 7 game limit.  UEFA allow you to apply for a game a day.  Each country can play a max of 7 games.  

FIFA impose a 7 game limit on their applications but not UEFA.  The Englsih FA mentioned a 7 game limit on their portalbut it was thought to be leftover as a cut and paste from 2018.  

Our group winners play in Glasgow on the same day as the Rof16 in Dublin.  It is not obvious if you'd be excluded from that game or any potential Rof16 if you got a ticket for Dublin.  The only ticket I had at this stage 4 years ago was for the Lyon Rof16 which turned out to be the France game.  I was able to collect mine no problem despite having got that ticket with the same account.  

either way it looks like having read the uefa ticketing info last night my point is that if someone has a ticket for the game in dublin and we're in Bilbao then they wont get a ticket, through official channels anyway for the game in Bilbao. Reading other countries message boards they're saying you need to input passport details for everyone your buying tickets for. UEFA doing full cross checking by the looks of it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:00pm
Looks like you need a code to access it
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

cheers, would be nice to get a ticket for the rof16 game if we aren’t in the tournament considering the potential game it could be.

On the chance Ireland were to make that round, would the games be the same day? If not could you apply for both?

There is no 7 game limit.  UEFA allow you to apply for a game a day.  Each country can play a max of 7 games.  

FIFA impose a 7 game limit on their applications but not UEFA.  The Englsih FA mentioned a 7 game limit on their portalbut it was thought to be leftover as a cut and paste from 2018.  

Our group winners play in Glasgow on the same day as the Rof16 in Dublin.  It is not obvious if you'd be excluded from that game or any potential Rof16 if you got a ticket for Dublin.  The only ticket I had at this stage 4 years ago was for the Lyon Rof16 which turned out to be the France game.  I was able to collect mine no problem despite having got that ticket with the same account.  
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:20pm
Unless we qualified and topped the group then the games would be on the same day, otherwise it's 1-2 days apart
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:19pm

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:18pm

I see the portal has opened again today,

If you apply for general tickets rather that your team tickets, does this affect the follow your team application if we were to qualify?

I'm hearing there isn't a FMT from people who hve applied via the portals of various national teams.  

You apply for all possible 7 games individually.  

It does appear the accounts are linked this time.  I was able to apply in the general public ballot but it has me tagged as a Republic of Ireland fan.

I would assume if you get tickets for an Irish game or a game on the day of an Irish game you will be excluded this time from that game.  This wasn't the case in 2012 or 2016.

Still no harm in applying for Poland and Sweden v playoff winner.  However if you apply for Poland v Sweden and get it you will be excluded from Spain v us if we make it.    Ditto for the R0f16 in Dublin albeit only if we win the group.  

It's been flagged a while ago that you could only have max 7 games. If you have tickets for the day of an Ireland game and you apply for the Ireland game you wont get them. Everything is being cross checked this year.

If we qualify it'll exclude everyone who's already got tickets for a game on ireland match days 

Edited by wanderer - 04 Dec 2019 at 7:19pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:13pm

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:05pm

If you apply for general tickets rather that your team tickets, does this affect the follow your team application if we were to qualify?

I'm hearing there isn't a FMT from people who hve applied via the portals of various national teams.  

You apply for all possible 7 games individually.  

It does appear the accounts are linked this time.  I was able to apply in the general public ballot but it has me tagged as a Republic of Ireland fan.

I would assume if you get tickets for an Irish game or a game on the day of an Irish game you will be excluded this time from that game.  This wasn't the case in 2012 or 2016.

Still no harm in applying for Poland and Sweden v playoff winner.  However if you apply for Poland v Sweden and get it you will be excluded from Spain v us if we make it.    Ditto for the R0f16 in Dublin albeit only if we win the group.  
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:05pm
I assume you can't apply for two matches on the one day. There's no reason not to apply for the actual games in Dublin that Ireland are playing in; I wouldn't be applying for potential knockout games though, for fear of ending up not being able to get Ireland knockout tickets, if that happens. I know it is very unlikely but best not to take the chance.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 04 Dec 2019 at 6:06pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 2:10pm

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 5:44pm
Italy v Turkey opening match 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 5:42pm
France Germany in the same group Shocked

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Ye but the 20 teams that have deserved qualification so far can. 

The draw should be this time of year to give the teams and fans a chance to get organised. The fact that 16 teams are still to be involved in playoffs 3-4 months after the draw, and just a few months before the tournament begins , is where the complete farce lies. Euro 2020 qualification is an abortion of a setup.
In fairness, it’s a minor issue compared to the rest! I’m finding it much harder to let go of international football, but for those who have a passing interest in it this must be the beginning of the end.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 1:27pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Didnt realise the draw was today.

Its seems unfair as the playoff teams fans can’t book anything until next March.

No real way around it.  

Big advantage of being a host and living here is that only a trip to Bilbao to plan for.  No flights yet but free cancellation on hotels.

Hoping our playoff winner gets the middle game in Bilbao.  
Would it not be better if we were in Bilbao for our last game as hopefully Spain would have all ready qualified by the time we play them,  its probably slightly easier logistics to continue to our potential last 16 venue.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 30 Nov 2019 at 1:27pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Ye but the 20 teams that have deserved qualification so far can. 

The draw should be this time of year to give the teams and fans a chance to get organised. The fact that 16 teams are still to be involved in playoffs 3-4 months after the draw, and just a few months before the tournament begins , is where the complete farce lies. Euro 2020 qualification is an abortion of a setup.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Didnt realise the draw was today.

Its seems unfair as the playoff teams fans can’t book anything until next March.

No real way around it.  

Big advantage of being a host and living here is that only a trip to Bilbao to plan for.  No flights yet but free cancellation on hotels.

Hoping our playoff winner gets the middle game in Bilbao.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic