Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Other Group D fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 36>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:58pm
Ah ya, it's a highly unlikely scenario but it is one that would be the most comical and sickening for the Danes. Obviously being involved in such a game with the Danes would be horrendous for the nerves - concede 1 and we'd have to score 2. I reckon if a 0-0 did happen against them putting us through on away goals, there would be war between the teams by the end of the match LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 7:08pm
Not a chance we'd get a 0-0 draw the one time we wanted it LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Ah ya, it's a highly unlikely scenario but it is one that would be the most comical and sickening for the Danes. Obviously being involved in such a game with the Danes would be horrendous for the nerves - concede 1 and we'd have to score 2. I reckon if a 0-0 did happen against them putting us through on away goals, there would be war between the teams by the end of the match LOL
I would love this scenario, sicken them arrogant maggots LOL
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:49pm
If Denmark do beat Switzerland, which I expect them to do, and we beat Georgia, then we only need to draw with Switzerland and we are as good as through as a draw between ourselves and Denmark then in the last game sees us both through.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

If Denmark do beat Switzerland, which I expect them to do, and we beat Georgia, then we only need to draw with Switzerland and we are as good as through as a draw between ourselves and Denmark then in the last game sees us both through.

That would be a weird scenario 

It would be hard to trust each other 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 5:41am
Can someone explain why we’d rather have the Swiss beat the Danes and not have that game end in a draw if we beat Georgia?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Can someone explain why we’d rather have the Swiss beat the Danes and not have that game end in a draw if we beat Georgia?
Because it doesn't really matter if we finish top or second, all qualify. So hedging your bets, you'd want one team to beat your rival, meaning one is far away in first, and one is far behind in third.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Because it doesn't really matter if we finish top or second, all qualify. So hedging your bets, you'd want one team to beat your rival, meaning one is far away in first, and one is far behind in third.

If we beat Georgia we go to 14 Points. Swiss beat Denmark and Gib they go 14 points, Denmark then beat Gib they go to 12 points. Swiss beat Georgia, 17 points. 

We draw with Swiss or Lose, doesn't matter if we go into the last game on 14 points or 15 points as Denmark would be on 12 and need to beat us to go through meaning we could still finish 3rd and not qualify on the last day of the campaign. 

The only way we could make the last game a dead rubber is to win against Georgia and Switzerland.

This is of course only the scenario if Swiss beat Denmark.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:31am

Ideally we want to better the Danes results v Georgia and the Swiss.
We hope they only get 1 pt in those 2 games.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

But isn’t +3 points (compared to Denmark) going into the game with the Danes the same as +1 or +2 because if they beat us in any of those circumstances they go through. 

Edited by cildaratown - 10 Sep 2019 at 3:02pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

But isn’t +3 points (compared to Denmark) going into the game with the Danes the same as +1 or +2 because if they beat us in any of those circumstances they go through. 

No more draws, that could really do us if it comes down to it.
Open up as big a gap as possible. We would be 5 clear if we win in Georgia and they lose v Switzerland.
Now I'm not saying we would win in Switzerland but it's some incentive to be going there knowing a win will take you through regardless of what Denmark do in their final games.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:27pm
Think we might be discounting Denmark picking up points at home vs the Swiss (who might be even more short handed then they were this time around). 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:03pm

Think we might be discounting Denmark picking up points at home vs the Swiss (who might be even more short handed then they were this time around). 

Might be? I think the Danes are currently favourites to win the group, yet most on here have the Swiss strolling to victory over them. The Danes are favourites to win the match at home to the Swiss and correctly so. The most likely result is a Danish win.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:32pm

Might be? I think the Danes are currently favourites to win the group, yet most on here have the Swiss strolling to victory over them. The Danes are favourites to win the match at home to the Swiss and correctly so. The most likely result is a Danish win.
Were the Danes not favorite to beat Georgia, so what’s your point caller ?
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

It is amazing that this utter nonsense posting is allowed to go on. Constantly. 100s of posts over the past month or 2, contributing nothing but trying to be a wum. Abysmal modding on here.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 11 Sep 2019 at 2:40pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:40pm

It is the most likely but not by much. A draw would have fairly short odds too. Switzerland win is certainly the least likeliest outcome imo. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:49pm

It is amazing that this utter nonsense posting is allowed to go on. Constantly. 100s of posts over the past month or 2, contributing nothing but trying to be a wum. Abysmal modding on here.
Thats some shoite coming from you of all people, the fckin poor mans Andy Goram on here, wise up crying to the mods you flake you are a liar and a fraud and a liar LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:51pm

Oh and no answer to the ? What’s your point , even though I know it’s just more bullsh*t from you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 36>
  Share Topic