Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Other Group D fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 36>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Hans talks some amount of sh1te on here. Hard to listen to
The one saving grace about this place is that it is never hard to listen to!
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Hans talks some amount of sh1te on here. Hard to listen to

And this post contributed what to the topic Mr Burns?
As much as all yours I would say, but sure who am I 

Boil, meet arse.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Where have you found the odds on the Denmark Swiss game?
Any odds out on our game Vs Georgia or Switzerland yet?
https://www.betfair.com/sport/football/uefa-euro-2020/georgia-v-rep-of-ireland/29456912
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

[QUOTE=Shedite]Denmark 6/5
Draw 9/4
Swiss 19/10
[/QUOTE
October 11th 2016 was the last time the Danes lost a competitive match (in 90 minutes). That was a 1-0 loss at home to Montenegro. That's quite an impressive unbeaten streak. Unsurprisingly favourite at home  

Switzerland haven't lost a qualifier in four years (unless one counts the Nations League match last year away to Belgium as a 'qualifier'). This might point to the two teams drawing.

The loss to Belgium in the Nation's League as well as their loss to Sweden at the World Cup would count as losses in competitive fixtures. The Danes held both world Cup finalists to draws in Russia. Don't get me wrong though the Swiss have a very impressive record in qualifying. They did lose to Portugal as well in world Cup qualifying as well. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:40pm
Georgia 16/5
Draw 2/1
Ireland 17/20

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:43pm

Georgia 16/5
Draw 2/1
EIRE 5/6

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:02am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Georgia 16/5
Draw 2/1
EIRE 5/6

Stronger favorites than I thought we would be
McCarthyy21 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:32pm
Weren't Switzerland 3-0 up and strolling with 10 mins left against Denmark in the first game between the two? I understand Shaqiri is a fairly big loss, but I don't see the argument that the Danes are favourites to win the game between the two, home advantage seems to be the only big advantage, if Switzerland hadn't pissed the first game away i'd say they would be favourites
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by McCarthyy21 McCarthyy21 wrote:

Weren't Switzerland 3-0 up and strolling with 10 mins left against Denmark in the first game between the two? I understand Shaqiri is a fairly big loss, but I don't see the argument that the Danes are favourites to win the game between the two, home advantage seems to be the only big advantage, if Switzerland hadn't pissed the first game away i'd say they would be favourites

From what I've seen of Switzerland and Denmark, the Swiss look the better side. There's something not quite right with Denmark in this campaign, they're misfiring a bit.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 2:15pm

From what I've seen of Switzerland and Denmark, the Swiss look the better side. There's something not quite right with Denmark in this campaign, they're misfiring a bit.
They have a lame duck manager who probably is out of his depth.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They have a lame duck manager who probably is out of his depth.

Denmark or Ireland ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 2:25pm

Shaqiri didn’t play in the 3-3 either. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:37pm

Don't be gambling flaghunter....mugs gameWinkLOL
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:42pm

The Danes are drawing a lot of games which I think could end up being their downfall. However in regards to their draw with Switzerland they were largely the better team. Denmark had a goal wrongly ruled out at 0-0 and one of the Swiss goals were offside. Denmark also had more possession. Personally I think it's a big ask for the Swiss to beat Denmark away despite the Danes recent struggles. I think another draw is on the cards which would still be a good result for Ireland.

“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

The Danes are drawing a lot of games which I think could end up being their downfall. However in regards to their draw with Switzerland they were largely the better team. Denmark had a goal wrongly ruled out at 0-0 and one of the Swiss goals were offside. Denmark also had more possession. Personally I think it's a big ask for the Swiss to beat Denmark away despite the Danes recent struggles. I think another draw is on the cards which would still be a good result for Ireland.

Think you could be right on the money with the draw
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 6:06pm
Danish lad in work is happy enough if they get a draw against the Swiss cos he sees us dropping points over the next 2 games.He’s convinced the Danes will beat us in Landsdowne especially if we go into the game playing for a draw. He’s not too worried.
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 1:03am
Personally think all remaining games between Denmark, Switzerland & ourselves will be draws. Key is to win in Georgia
Linzark
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Danish lad in work is happy enough if they get a draw against the Swiss cos he sees us dropping points over the next 2 games.He’s convinced the Danes will beat us in Landsdowne especially if we go into the game playing for a draw. He’s not too worried.

The Danish arrogance will be there downfall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 36>
  Share Topic