Other Group D fixtures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other Group D fixtures
    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 11:19am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I don’t get all the hate towards Denmark. Are people annoyed because they say they’re better us? They are. Is it because of something else?

For a team who are better than us, they seem to make very hard work of  beating us. They then follow this with indignant moaning that we didn't just roll over for them. That is why people don't like them. They've a much higher opinion of themselves than their actual quality warrants.

Considering the Danes results and our own results in the period since we first met them 2 years, they are more than entitled to have a high opinion of themselves in relation to us. If we had a play off result like they had against us, and followed it up with a very decent World Cup, the law would have to be changed here regarding fellatio in public, such would be the level of sucking off of one another among the Irish football family.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 11:11am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I don’t get all the hate towards Denmark. Are people annoyed because they say they’re better us? They are. Is it because of something else?

For a team who are better than us, they seem to make very hard work of  beating us. They then follow this with indignant moaning that we didn't just roll over for them. That is why people don't like them. They've a much higher opinion of themselves than their actual quality warrants.

Prime example the last 2 games in Denmark. The Danes very nice before the game, and because we didnt roll over they were full of insults.
They're just arrogant 

I don't mind good players like Eriksen and Delaney coming out with a few digs about our playing style, but when you have Championship standard boyos like Mathias Jørgensen and Martin Braithwaite trying to rub it in, then you know that you're dealing with a shower of arrogant f**kers.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:58am

Prime example the last 2 games in Denmark. The Danes very nice before the game, and because we didnt roll over they were full of insults.
They're just arrogant 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:52am

Edited by The O'Shea - 17 Nov 2019 at 10:52am
We're decent enough..
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Nope, that's it. The Danes hate the sight of us and who would blame them LOL They must feel like they're paying for past sins to have to be on the same pitch as us 6 times in 2 years.
Bizarre. LOL

I’d say we’re a poxy team to play against. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:36am

Nope, that's it. The Danes hate the sight of us and who would blame them LOL They must feel like they're paying for past sins to have to be on the same pitch as us 6 times in 2 years.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:32am
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:10am
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Never thought I’d consider a team more arrogant than the English but the Danes have surprised me. You’d swear Christian Ericsson was Ronaldo and Kjaer was Van Dijk. Hope they play us off the park and we steal a winner in the 90 minute.

For a team that have struggled against us (barring the second leg playoff), they have very big mouths and I’d enjoy nothing more than to shut them up 

If the Danes have struggled against us in recent fixtures, how would you describe how we have fared against them?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:07am
I’m not sure we are in any position to call any other team arrogant, not with a straight face anyway.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:04am
Never thought I’d consider a team more arrogant than the English but the Danes have surprised me. You’d swear Christian Ericsson was Ronaldo and Kjaer was Van Dijk. Hope they play us off the park and we steal a winner in the 90 minute.

For a team that have struggled against us (barring the second leg playoff), they have very big mouths and I’d enjoy nothing more than to shut them up 
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:56pm
Surprised to see we've more wins over the Danes in head to head, 5 to their 4

Suppose when I think about them I can only remember Eoin Hands 4:1 tonking and that wonderful team ....and the 5:1 of course
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 8:59pm
For sure, Denmark are a level below of the sides you've mentioned but if you were naming up the top second tier nations they would be among the best of them.

Fingers crossed we go out and give it a rattle on Monday night and have no regrets.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I might be in the minority but I think Denmark are a better side than Switzerland, this Swiss team is definitely on the wane (not massively or anything mind)

The Danes are very workman like but I've watched them countless times and are probably one of the best prepared teams in international football.

Age Hareide has done an incredible job imo.

They're definitely hardworking and very consistent, I'll give them that but I thought Switzerland could easily have taken four or six points off them in the two games.

Denmark are on a long unbeaten run but haven't actually beaten anyone of note in the last two or three years bar the Swiss.

But ultimately didn't.

Any side can only beat what's in front of them though? As I pointed out on another thread, they remained unbeaten in open play against the two sides who contested last years World Cup Final.

I would also point to their fixtures/results and factor in the overall quality of their squad, a remarkable achievement to lose only 3 times in 41 games.

In 19 qualifiers inc play offs thus far under Heride they've scored 48 goals without a top class centre forward which is impressive.

I hope we beat them for obvious reasons on Monday night, but I just can't see us beating Denmark because if we open up and attack them, they'll just pick us off and we have to win so we're bound to go for it (at some stage)

I agree with what you're saying, though I'd still prefer a 'must win' game against them than against some of the real top tier sides .....imagine having to beat a France, Spain, Portugal, NL, Germany etc on Monday night to get through.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I might be in the minority but I think Denmark are a better side than Switzerland, this Swiss team is definitely on the wane (not massively or anything mind)

The Danes are very workman like but I've watched them countless times and are probably one of the best prepared teams in international football.

They're definitely hardworking and very consistent, I'll give them that but I thought Switzerland could easily have taken four or six points off them in the two games.

Denmark are on a long unbeaten run but haven't actually beaten anyone of note in the last two or three years bar the Swiss.

But ultimately didn't.

Any side can only beat what's in front of them though? As I pointed out on another thread, they remained unbeaten in open play against the two sides who contested last years World Cup Final.

I would also point to their fixtures/results and factor in the overall quality of their squad, a remarkable achievement to lose only 3 times in 41 games.

In 19 qualifiers inc play offs thus far under Heride they've scored 48 goals without a top class centre forward which is impressive.

I hope we beat them for obvious reasons on Monday night, but I just can't see us beating Denmark because if we open up and attack them, they'll just pick us off and we have to win so we're bound to go for it (at some stage)
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 1:24pm

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:55pm
The more I read about the Danes record over the past 30 games the more negative I become. However it is one game of football and almost like a cup final(almost as the Danes don't need to win). They are going to be very tough to beat. I also can't see them not scoring so expect us to need two or even more to win the game. The Danes will need an offish night and we will need to play very well. Stranger things have happened but we need luck and a few other things to go our way.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They should be beating us and Georgia with ease, yet they didn’t. After dominating the game against us they switched off after going ahead and it has put them in a situation they should never be in. Whatever about their club form, all of those have proven they are decent players. I think they are far too rigid and as a result that gives us a glimmer of hope. If they had a decent manager they would be qualified and would beat us  on Monday anyway, but he is every bit as sour and negative as McCarthy.

Can't really blame a manager for a team switching off in the last few minutes in a game they dominated, he also wasn't at the match in Georgia.

Denmark have scored 22 goals this campaign to our 6 so I would strongly disagree there.

They also scored 20 goals the previous campaign without factoring in the 6 they scored against us in the playoffs.

Not really sure how he can be deemed as negative tbh.

They will beat us Monday anyway, it's all irrelevant.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:31pm
They should be beating us and Georgia with ease, yet they didn’t. After dominating the game against us they switched off after going ahead and it has put them in a situation they should never be in. Whatever about their club form, all of those have proven they are decent players. I think they are far too rigid and as a result that gives us a glimmer of hope. If they had a decent manager they would be qualified and would beat us  on Monday anyway, but he is every bit as sour and negative as McCarthy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
  Share Topic