You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U17s thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 37>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Are the FAI streaming this from a Fisher price phone?

LOL I like the comparison but it's a good quality stream for me.

Maybe you're watching it on a Fisher Price?

Do you know what.
The youtube setting was set to auto - and it was really poor - just set it to  1080p and it's excellent!

Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:48pm
That keeper is awful. Has he actually come and won anything today.
Produced a big 2nd half performance but not likely to see a better chance than those two.
A draw would be huge from here

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:51pm
do we have to top the group to go through to the Finals in Israel, or is it top 2?
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:52pm
Tweaking the formation & moving Rocco Vata inside has made a huge difference
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:54pm
That's a pity. I think 3-1 puts gloss on the scoreline.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:54pm
Great finish that. 22 has had a rough afternoon defending down that side 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

do we have to top the group to go through to the Finals in Israel, or is it top 2?

Top two, but Bulgaria are top seeds so will be another tough game against them.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:57pm
Don't think they deserve to win 4-1. credit to the lads for even having a sniff second half. 
Some of these lads are just below the quality for elite level. We have a few nice players in this group but it is not as flush as we pretend. Zefi, Ferizaj and Vata are nice players and is about it imo
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:57pm
They take their chances.
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:58pm
We have some terrific players coming through, I know Zefi is a bit over the top on occasions, but I cant remember being excited by anyone since Duff and Robbie.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 5:02pm
That goal difference will come back to haunt us.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 5:04pm
Overall I thought we played very well against a top team.
4-1 is flattering, and we had several good chances to go level at 2-all.

In the end the lads were dead on their feet and two late goals embellished the scoreline but there's a lot of positives to take from that.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

We were better going forward than we were defending.... I never thought I'd say that about an ireland team.

The trio of Zefi, Vata and Ferizaj are all exciting. Thought omahoney did well too.

My first time seeing Heffernan and he looked poor, hopefully just had a bad game.

I would agree about all of that except O Mahony. Butchered big chances and moves tended to break down when the ball came near him. Did have a nice header disallowed though. Our Keeper and defence were very very bad but I suppose the positive is our attacking players were very good and we are never short a defender. Zefi ws the best player on the pitch, he got tired after about 75 but before then he nearly did what he wanted
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Head to head, will only really hurt us if we finish level with Portugal
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Head to head, will only really hurt us if we finish level with Portugal

Only 7 best 2nd placed teams go through, results against bottom side dont count as Russia have been booted out.

Presuming Portugal come first we can only finish on 3 points and will have a sh*te GD.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 5:38pm
well if we beat the other two teams in the group, that would give us a decent chance of qualifying. Nothing other than 2 wins now at this stage will probably be enough
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 5:53pm
Edit: Nevermind

Edited by Bandwagon - 23 Mar 2022 at 5:57pm
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

We were better going forward than we were defending.... I never thought I'd say that about an ireland team.

The trio of Zefi, Vata and Ferizaj are all exciting. Thought omahoney did well too.

My first time seeing Heffernan and he looked poor, hopefully just had a bad game.

I would agree about all of that except O Mahony. Butchered big chances and moves tended to break down when the ball came near him. Did have a nice header disallowed though. Our Keeper and defence were very very bad but I suppose the positive is our attacking players were very good and we are never short a defender. Zefi ws the best player on the pitch, he got tired after about 75 but before then he nearly did what he wanted

Very harsh on O'Mahony. The service to him wasn't the best today but he still ended up the ball in the back of the net twice. Like Zefi and a few other he got tired towards the end (possibly due to the heat) but I'd normally back him on putting that chance away. There's a reason he has 9 goals in 9 internationals
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 37>
  Share Topic