You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U17s thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 37>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:35pm
It looked tight alright. But, even though Hungary are the hosts, it doesn't sound like an intimidating atmosphere, they're not really getting on the ref's back.
Sponsored Links

ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:41pm
is it on a channel ?
Here we go again, we're on the road again
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

is it on a channel ?
Rte news
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:47pm
Jaysus some first-half. Akachukwu & Orazi the standouts for me.

Edited by Maccatacca - 23 May 2023 at 7:47pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That ball was out of play. Surprised they would get that call against the side hosting the competition. 

No it wasn't.
Whole of the ball has to be over all of the line and it was on the line.

Great attacking play from our lads.
We're not as commanding at the back but thankfully Hungary are poor.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:51pm
Playing well again. 4231 suits them much better. Good to see Melia finally get on the scoresheet, he put in 2 big shifts in the previous games.

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Poor from the Hungarian keeper under his own crossbar, but well read from Melia to finish. You can't really trust our defence at all, but if we can dominate possession and create chances we have the players up front to do damage.

You say that, but we've limited Hungary to 0 shots on target. Their goal was an unfortunate OG from Grante. They've created nothing themselves.

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That ball was out of play. Surprised they would get that call against the side hosting the competition. 

It was very much on the line.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:51pm
Possibly need another goal... our defence looks very shaky. Should have been a peno and red card right at the end. The own goal was very poor Grante under zero pressure. However we the better team but liable to concede at any time. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:58pm
Melia is only 15. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:05pm
Razi reminds me of Zefi but with added direction and more end product.

And Grante reminds me of David Luiz, but not in a good way.

Edited by You Tell Me - 23 May 2023 at 8:09pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:18pm
4-1

Lovely finish.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:18pm
These lads need less contact time to make it fairer on the other countries. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Great chance to qualify for the world cup now?
Idah Dream!
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:26pm
Did I read somewhere that Ireland are the youngest team at the tournament ? Real chance of getting to WC now. Melia looks v good, that assist was unreal for someone so young, on a hatrick he could of easily took the shot on but plays a perfectly weighted pass in Kehir for the goal.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:29pm
The defending again...
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:29pm

Is this the first set of players we've had coming through that have been affected by Brexit?

My god we're in trouble.

Get lobbying to FIFA about Irish people having the right to work and live in the UK regardless of age ASAP.

LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Is this the first set of players we've had coming through that have been affected by Brexit?

My god we're in trouble.

Get lobbying to FIFA about Irish people having the right to work and live in the UK regardless of age ASAP.

LOL

Imagine how good these lads would be with the 50 million contact hours they'd have in England!!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Great chance to qualify for the world cup now?

We'll likely be playing Spain in the QF so we'll need to improve our goal difference and hope England beat Switzerland cause we'll need Italy and Spain to do us a favor in group B.

Edited by J89 - 23 May 2023 at 8:43pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:42pm
"The four semi-finalists will earn places along with the winners of a play-off for Europe's fifth spot between the two beaten quarter-finals with the best record in the group stage (group position, then points, then goal difference, then goals scored, then if needed quarter-final goal difference, then quarter-final goals scored, then overall disciplinary ranking then qualifying round coefficient)"

This is how they decide the five teams that will qualify for the WC. So even with a better goal difference it might make no difference if group leaders loss their QFs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 37>
  Share Topic