You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U17s thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 37>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 8:50pm
And France lead late on
Sponsored Links

pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 8:51pm
Balls
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 8:54pm
All going against us here unfortunately.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 8:58pm
Switzerland and England in the play off. Switzerland will fancy their chances and looked the better team when both played in the group stages.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 9:26pm
A good tournament overall but, being honest, we were a level below the sides that are still involved - two of them beat us easily enough. It would have been a big ask to beat the Swiss in a playoff also. But there are definitely a number of individual players from the team that we'll be seeing again at a higher level in future hopefully.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

And France lead late on

Foiled by France once again Cry
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

A good tournament overall but, being honest, we were a level below the sides that are still involved - two of them beat us easily enough. It would have been a big ask to beat the Swiss in a playoff also. But there are definitely a number of individual players from the team that we'll be seeing again at a higher level in future hopefully.

Equally we are streets ahead of Wales and Hungary. Can we maintain that over the coming years given differences in coaching budgets?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

We're a level below the world's traditional best sides? Colour me shocked.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 9:08am
Spain playing at a different level to Ireland. Their passing, movement and work rate was incredible.

Ireland held out for a time time though.

Great experience for them all the same.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 9:19am
Considering our investment in coaching is only above the likes of Andorra and San Marino it’s a minor miracle we do so well and for our lads to get to a quarter final with more 15 year olds than every other squad put together is an unreal achievement.  Played great football against Wales and Hungary.  Fair play to all involved and we are punching above our investment by miles. 
AKA pedantic kunt
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

our lads to get to a quarter final with more 15 year olds than every other squad put together
That's not true. We have four fifteen year olds in the squad(Harnett, Orazi, Melia, and Murray). Serbia also have in their squad(Milosavljević, Stojanović, Maksimović & Avdić), Spain have two(Hernández & Yamal), Croatia have two(Puljić & Milišić), and the Swiss(Akahomen) and Wales(Clarke) have one each

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 28 May 2023 at 12:15pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:47am
The stat about us having more U15's in our squad than the whole of the rest of the countries at the tournament has been doing the rounds for a week or more. Are we now saying that is completely wrong?
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

The stat about us having more U15's in our squad than the whole of the rest of the countries at the tournament has been doing the rounds for a week or more. Are we now saying that is completely wrong?

Yes, and futsalfinn has admitted he was wrong
https://twitter.com/FutsalFinn/status/1661693696797032448

still hasn't deleted the original tweet though
https://twitter.com/FutsalFinn/status/1658866580652974080

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 29 May 2023 at 12:14pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 12:29pm
And then also got his subsequent correction wrong. Maybe not someone journalists should be taking at their word going forward.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 2:33pm
U17s are playing Belgium in two friendlies, tomorrow and Monday. Their first round of qualifiers start next month and are on in Cork. They play Armenia, Iceland, and Switzerland.

Republic of Ireland Men’s Under-17s Squad

Goalkeepers: Joe Collins (Bohemians), Oisin Cooney (Finn Harps)

Defenders: Luca Cailloce (Bohemians), Fiachra Coffey (Bohemians), Kaylem Harnett (Wexford), Taylor McCarthy (Shelbourne), Harry McGlinchey (Chelsea), James Roche (Shamrock Rovers)

Midfielders: Rory Finneran (Blackburn Rovers), Matthew Moore (Hoffenheim), Sean Moore (Shamrock Rovers), Luke O’Donnell (Derry City), Cathal O’Sullivan (Cork City), Aaron Ochoa Moloney (Malaga)

Forwards: Kyle Fitzgerald (Galway United), William Martin (Odense Boldklub), Mason Melia (St. Patrick’s Athletic), Matthew Murray (Cork City), Ike Orazi (Stade de Reims), Jaden Umeh (Cork City),

Edited by J89 - 08 Sep 2023 at 2:35pm
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

U17s are playing Belgium in two friendlies, tomorrow and Monday. Their first round of qualifiers start next month and are on in Cork. They play Armenia, Iceland, and Switzerland.

Republic of Ireland Men’s Under-17s Squad

Goalkeepers: Joe Collins (Bohemians), Oisin Cooney (Finn Harps)

Defenders: Luca Cailloce (Bohemians), Fiachra Coffey (Bohemians), Kaylem Harnett (Wexford), Taylor McCarthy (Shelbourne), Harry McGlinchey (Chelsea), James Roche (Shamrock Rovers)

Midfielders: Rory Finneran (Blackburn Rovers), Matthew Moore (Hoffenheim), Sean Moore (Shamrock Rovers), Luke O’Donnell (Derry City), Cathal O’Sullivan (Cork City), Aaron Ochoa Moloney (Malaga)

Forwards: Kyle Fitzgerald (Galway United), William Martin (Odense Boldklub), Mason Melia (St. Patrick’s Athletic), Matthew Murray (Cork City), Ike Orazi (Stade de Reims), Jaden Umeh (Cork City),

Is Naj Razi too old?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 4:05pm
Yes, born 2006 so overage for Under 17 which is for players born January 2007 or later.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2023 at 4:42pm
Beat Belgium today 1-0, having drawn the first game last week 0-0. William Martin of Odense BK was the scorer!
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 37>
  Share Topic