You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nottingham Forest under Martin O-Nil / Fallout Boy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nottingham Forest under Martin O-Nil / Fallout Boy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:53pm
LOL
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:58pm
TJ posting on the Forest boards now.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:05pm
3-1 to Villa currently
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

TJ posting on the Forest boards now.

They will all be TJs after a few more games of hoofball

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

3-1 to Villa currently
DM?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:17pm
2 points dropped today against bottom of the table Ipswich.  Absailing down the league table.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:26am
Oh dear.  The Forest fans just seem to be realising now that MON isn't all that he is made out to be by the British media.  All the articulation and tipping the glasses up the bridge of the nose portrayed the image of intelligence and sophistication.  Underneath it all beats the heart of a neanderthal.

Default Re: It's Martin !

How do you reckon O'Neill's interview went where he "blew away" Marinakis? I think I've unearthed a transcript:

EM: Welcome, Martin. What is your plan to get this club promoted? I just fired the guy who had us in seventh, so you need to give a detailed plan on how you will improve on that. I'm only offering you an 18-month contract so you need to deliver this immediately.

MON: Well, you know that record signing you just spent £13m on? I'm going to stick him on the bench. And that £6m club top scorer? Him too. Murphy is the complete player and should play over him.

EM: OK, tell me more.

MON: What this club needs to be is more ruthless and dispatch the weaker sides consistently. I'm going to do this by playing three defensive midfielders against the team that's bottom of the league and tell the full backs not to go beyond the half way line as well.

EM: Genius! We'll be in the big league in no time!

MON: One last thing. I've taken a look at the data you sent over and I see the squad has been moulded by the last two managers to play 4-2-3-1 and focus on a possession game. I'm going to immediately switch to 4-4-2 because it worked in the 90s and get them all to lump the ball up to the pacy Irishman we've got up top.

EM: Hired!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers Across the Midfield View Post
I suspect a change in the summer if we continue this wimper. Which tbf I wouldn’t really be arsed about.

Speaking very passionately on Radio Nottm now
He does speak very well. But what he says seems to contradict what he serves out on the field.

He started talking about needing wins and to ride the crest of a wave, then he proceeded to put teams out that are set up to sit in and not give anything away, as opposed to go for wins and build momentum.

He's got it all so wrong.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
He does speak very well. But what he says seems to contradict what he serves out on the field.

He started talking about needing wins and to ride the crest of a wave, then he proceeded to put teams out that are set up to sit in and not give anything away, as opposed to go for wins and build momentum.

He's got it all so wrong.
I agree to an extent, I didn't particularly like his appointment, which is probably colouring my bias, his insistence on playing with 3 sitters in midfield is maddening, none of those 3 are attacking in nature, its unnecessary, especially when we have gifted attacking midfielders like Carvalho riding the bench every week, I would like MoN to be successful, but I just don't see it with the tactics hes been using, we were playing better under Karanka and I think if Marinakis has been watching the games, he would realise we have taken a step back in terms of performances on the pitch, whilst we werent brilliant under AK, we were pretty good, with the only bad run of form coming with major personnel issues in defence, due to injuries and suspension

One line of defence that I keep reading is that O'Neill does not have the players he needs for his style of football and that, if he is properly backed he will perform miracles. That defence begs two sets of questions, however:

a) What exactly is that style of football?
b) Is that style more suited to a promotion push? Is it pleasing to the eye? Both? Neither?

It's a bit too easy to blame it all on recruitment, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
One line of defence that I keep reading is that O'Neill does not have the players he needs for his style of football and that, if he is properly backed he will perform miracles. That defence begs two sets of questions, however:

a) What exactly is that style of football?
b) Is that style more suited to a promotion push? Is it pleasing to the eye? Both? Neither?

It's a bit too easy to blame it all on recruitment, I'm afraid.
Yeah it's wishful thinking, people want him to be successful because he's a very likeable person and maybe assume that because he took Leicester out of this league 20 odd years ago he's better suited than others to do it again now, perhaps he is? But I don't think so, I see no evidence that the style will change from anything other than it was at Ireland, despite people arguing that Ireland only played that way due to the players they had at their disposal.

The style can only really be judged subjectively but I can't really understand why anyone would enjoy watching it, it's not entertaining or pleasing on the eye and given the amount of times you see people quote Clough's "if God had wanted us to play football in the clouds he'd have put grass up there." and how often people said how sh*t it'd be to watch Warnock or Rowett football I can only assume people are putting their opinions on style aside because its Martin O'Neill. If it was Gary Rowett in the hot seat there'd be a lot more on here criticising the play style.

It's not more suited to a promotion push either, not with the players we have. It's taken a squad that was assembled for one thing and asking it to do something completely different.

The recruitment is to blame but not the recruitment of players, the recruitment of the manager.

Last edited by Heffing Psycho!; Today at 11:44.

Default Re: Matchday 38: Ipswich Town vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by eugenboppboppbopp View Post
We were hardly playing champagne football under AK.

You cretin

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Certainly not champagne football but you can't really argue that it wasn't considerably easier on the eye than our current agricultural hoofball.

Unless you're .........a cretin?

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47546&page=85

Edited by Trap junior - 17 Mar 2019 at 11:41am

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 7:33pm
Another outstanding comeback today. Martin Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 8:46pm

Just some posts from a long line of complaints from Forest fans about MON and his hoofball.  Fluked a win today playing absolute Dinoball.  And they were so positive about his appointment only a month ago and now its full scale outrage at this dinosaur.LOL

Default Re: Matchday 39: Nottingham Forest vs Swansea City

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
We were sh*t and got lucky. Not that I mind.
This.

Deliberately boring, negative football for 70mins to stifle the opposition and set up our own limited but effective goal scoring talent is at least a plan.

Today Forest looked flat flooted and confused as to what they were meant to do for most the game. We controlled nothing.

Beni2 did well. Lolls for the corners. Pants made a save 2nd half. The rest of the starting XI were awful.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
Can't believe the lack of faith he has in pro footballers to pass the ball to each other to be honest.

He was talking like these lads don't have the ability to pass and move, and until then, you need to be over 6'0 to have a ride. Someone want to post that goal again where everyone passed the ball in the team for about 23 passes and show it to him?
That seems like years ago. We are the antithesis of that now.

Just heard MON interview were he says we need more physicality. Jesus wept. The reason we won today is because, compared to Swansea, we are a big physical team who outmuscled them at set pieces. Sounds like we’re going full hoof.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
Can you not remeber games like Rotherham at home, Millwall, Birmingham we've been awful at home this season and the results have shown it, we've scored 1 goal this season where we've been playing lovely football every other game we relied on an individual moment of brilliance from Lolley, Cash, Carvalho and Grabban.

Even away from home where performances were far better we didn't play nice passing football it was well planned counter attacking football, the Leeds and Boro games classic examples of this, we took the lead and then stopped the opposition playing which is exactly what MON is doing at home and surprise surprise its working.
We're not awful at home now? We're still just hanging around outside the playoffs, there's a clear different style of play which is bloody awful and earning similar amount of points per game to karanka. I'm not saying MoN is doing badly, he's doing fine but i don't buy into this whole mentality that he's getting anything extra out of this team than Karanka did.

That was piss poor, only when Carvalho & Pele came on we looked like we attempted to pass the ball.

We have quality players Martin, use them FFS. Even if you don't rate Carvalho, he should be in this bloody team. EVERYBODY can see it (even the ones that for some reason hate him). He makes those around him much better too, you can see as soon as Carvalho comes on a weight is lifted off Lolley's shoulders and we have some attacking intent - the same happened against Preston.

We should be playing 4-2-3-1 with Pele & Colback sitting and Carvalho ahead of them as 1st choice. Enough with the tinkering of midfielders, play your best ones. I like Yates but he's not going to win us any matches at the moment, and Watson is Watson (who I didn't even think was bad today, but he's just unnessesery in there, we don't need him).

But by luck or judgement a win is a win and that's all you want at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
Can you not remeber games like Rotherham at home, Millwall, Birmingham we've been awful at home this season and the results have shown it, we've scored 1 goal this season where we've been playing lovely football every other game we relied on an individual moment of brilliance from Lolley, Cash, Carvalho and Grabban.

Even away from home where performances were far better we didn't play nice passing football it was well planned counter attacking football, the Leeds and Boro games classic examples of this, we took the lead and then stopped the opposition playing which is exactly what MON is doing at home and surprise surprise its working.
The difference is we tried to play football and pass the ball in those games. Poor performances yes, strong defending yes, but not the cynical and destructive anti football we’re having to endure now. I just felt angry after the first half today, even though I consoled myself by watching Swansea who were trying to make a game of it and played some good stuff.

I know we say that results are everything, but in reality it can’t be at all costs. There has to be some set of values and a sense of soul to watching a football club, otherwise what’s the point.

We were awful for 80 minutes against a good footballing side. The positives are we are scoring goals again from corners, under MON, we do defend better too....we need to find a winger like the Swansea number 20, he was very good all afternoon.

Anyway did anybody hear MON's post match interview on BBC Radio Nottingham? Very honest and very positive. He accepted we weren't good today but said he knows what's doing and we will get better. His post match interviews are so good.

MON has been employed to get results and maybe build for next season
The future of MON is in MONs hands.

I’m happy with the direction of the club, not happy with the continued negative frankly sh*t football we are watching. Swansea are leap years ahead in terms of football

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
It's quite likely the fans will have MON redundant.
And AK can stand proudly at the side of the other 2.
I think you've either misread what ive said at some point or i don't know. I want MoN to succeed, i really do. But this plan of grinding out matches consistently when the team is capable of alot more is f**king frustrating.
I like that we can score from set pieces, i like that we can defend, but not at the cost of all the other improvements we made.

Poor Ryan Yates. He lost his mojo today and why? Because he’s playing with Ben Watson. Ben has qualities but there’s no way this pair should ever be on the same pitch

Not liking MONs approach it’s needlessly depressing and It has a sell by date

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
Not surprisingly we didn’t score without him on the pitch. Play your best players. MON doesn’t do that. That’s why we won’t get anywhere, You’re too busy w**king off over a scabby victory over a sh*t Swansea side in 14th place.
Did you see the game? Swansea played very well. I believe they were in the Premiership not long ago, but as always fans who don't like a manager will dismiss a win by saying the opposition were poor.

Strange one today

3 points is 3 points but it was horrible to watch

Season ticket already renewed but hope MON is true to his interview and will get us playing as I really can’t watch that week in week out

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 3:11am
Martin Clap
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:24am
Sounds familiar alright 
Some people just deserve a slap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:46am
TJ he's gone from the Ireland job
McCarthy had us playing nice football against Georgia 
You have to let go...
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

TJ he's gone from the Ireland job
McCarthy had us playing nice football against Georgia 
You have to let go...

The amount of lives irreparably damaged by his reign will last forever.  Martin moves on. Ireland can't.  I have PTSD from it. 

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 12:19pm
LOL

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:46pm

The excuses being trotted out already

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
Falling over himself trying to defend MON, Taylor does talk some gash though. Tempted to duck out when he proclaimed Yates as a dynamic, energetic carrier of the football in posession, the f**ks this guy watching.

Theres a ton of input on there about the quality of the football, with Taylors inference being we're not capable of taking anything beyond hoofball to the top six sides, does that argument really stack up given our record against the better sides this season?

If we continue to pick the players that bearly give us a pulse in midfield fair enough, but there is better players in the wings.
His inference that we’re saddled with a bunch of Sunday league cloggers who can’t pass a ball ten yards is pure nonsense. Boro away, Leeds home and away, Derby away, Villa away, Norwich away, WBA home... all games where we went toe to toe, at least, in games of football against the top teams. Suddenly our players are nowhere near good enough and can’t be trusted to go out and pass a football...

Edited by Trap junior - 06 Apr 2019 at 3:48pm

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 3:52pm
Martin O-Nil LOL superb
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:57pm
That's an awful result for them today. The play-offs look beyond them now when a win would have kept them right in the mix.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 4:59pm
Another defeat today to bottom 3 side Rotherham.  Oh dear.   A load of fans want him out already due to his bizarre team selections and hoofball.

Fallout Boy is due a high profile row with one of the players any time now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic