Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gordon Banks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

He lost an eye and retired early - what the...I'd never heard that part

I think he just lose sight in an eye rather than lose the eye completely.

Wasn't aware of that until I read it earlier when I heard he died.

I thought he lost an eye in a car accident 
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:02pm
Yes a car crash.
The whole World knows this.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I was at Richmond Park for his only game for Pats against Rovers. He made an fantastic save from a stinging volley from of all people, Eamon Dunphy. My other memory of the match being perched on the wall in front of the old stand and letting a full packet of Toffo fall on to the pitch. I asked a steward to hand tem up to me. The thieving junkie bastard put my sweets in the pocket of his coat and walked off. I hate those ****s ever since. And no, I wont let it go. 

Toffo......great sweets.
I’d be bitter too.....never forget.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:28pm
Nice from the Germans
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:49pm
Heard someone on the radio earlier saying if a keeper nowadays made a save like Banks against Brazil they’d be talking about it for years LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Heard someone on the radio earlier saying if a keeper nowadays made a save like Banks against Brazil they’d be talking about it for years LOL

f**king hell LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:02pm
Eh... but... wait... that's Logic with a capital P, right there.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yes a car crash.

You do know that not everyone on the planet is 57 like yourself Confused
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 4:13pm

Yes a car crash.

You tell him!

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:10pm
Been away for a while and only just looking at the YBIG forums now for the first time in days. A bit late to be asking this, but was it ever established who poisoned Banks just before the 1970 World Cup quarter final? He was having the same food and drink as everyone else in the squad, but Banks was the only one to be struck down with food poisoning
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:30pm
Maybe it was Peter bonetti???
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

That famous save against Pele.

ClapClapClap
The famous save from a Jeff Hurst penalty in the League cup semi final in 72. As a young kid I had to beg be allowed stay up to watch the highlights. Back then you didn't know the score untill the highlights came on. That night we had the sometimes customary white interference on the TV. Barely saw the save untill I saw the Stoke players congratulate him. A few minutes later it was replayed in the post match analysis which I did see in  all its glory. His most important save for Stoke. Although Stoke only won a league cup in the Banks era, they were beaten in two FA cup semis and nearly won the league a couple of times.l
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:30pm

Yes a car crash.
Do you know who won the Second World War ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Been away for a while and only just looking at the YBIG forums now for the first time in days. A bit late to be asking this, but was it ever established who poisoned Banks just before the 1970 World Cup quarter final? He was having the same food and drink as everyone else in the squad, but Banks was the only one to be struck down with food poisoning
I think 3 or 4 players came down with it but the others recovered.
No conspiracy.

Unlike Argie-Brasil match at Italia 90 when the Argie physio gave some Brasilians a dodgy water bottle
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:36pm
What score was it ?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

What score was it ?
1-0 to Argentina (Caniggia).
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 5:10pm

Yes a car crash.
Do you know who won the Second World War ?
I once worked with a lad who didn't know about the Nazis final solution. I'd hazard a guess he wouldn't have known the outcome of the second world war or anything significant in the history of mankind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic