You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travel thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:14am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Anybody travel to states recently? Heading over in August to Boston but a couple we are going with are unvaxed and think they will get through. Are they still checking vax certs on arrival?

I didn't get checked when I got into the States when going to NYC in October but fairly sure I did get checked before getting on my flight.
It's a big risk to take - they wouldn't think twice about sticking you on a flight back from the US if you got that far.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:32am
What's the story with getting into the US right now? Pretty much everyone under 50 won't be vaccinated anymore? 

My last jab was August 2021, so does that mean I can't get in?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:51am
I was in the US in October and we had to scan in our COVID cert to the VeriFly App prior to boarding and we were not able to check in until we complete this - we flew with American airlines.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 11:29am

Anybody travel to states recently? Heading over in August to Boston but a couple we are going with are unvaxed and think they will get through. Are they still checking vax certs on arrival?

As things stand the vaccine cert is required and will be checked, might change before August. 
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

As things stand the vaccine cert is required and will be checked, might change before August. 

I went Philly last September, i only ever got the first shot, no boosters, so im not up to date and never got asked, i dont think its a requirement now

Edited by Huggybeer - 22 Feb 2023 at 11:54am
Getting old and intolerant
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

I went Philly last September, i only ever got the first shot, no boosters, so im not up to date and never got asked, i dont think its a requirement now

It definitely is:

All passengers to the United States are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Only limited exceptions apply to this requirement.

There is no expiration date on the primary vaccination series and a booster dose is not required for travel to the US

Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It definitely is:

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0rem 0rem 1rem; max-width: 90%; color: rgb50, 50, 50; font-family: SourceSans, Frutiger, "Frutiger Lino", Univers, Calibri, "Gill Sans", "Gill Sans MT", "Myriad Pro", Myriad, "DejaVu Sans Condensed", "Liberation Sans", "Nimbus Sans L", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;">All passengers to the United States <strong style="-sizing: border-;">are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Only limited exceptions apply to this requirement.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0rem 0rem 1rem; max-width: 90%; color: rgb50, 50, 50; font-family: SourceSans, Frutiger, "Frutiger Lino", Univers, Calibri, "Gill Sans", "Gill Sans MT", "Myriad Pro", Myriad, "DejaVu Sans Condensed", "Liberation Sans", "Nimbus Sans L", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;">There is no expiration date on the primary vaccination series and a booster dose is not required for travel to the US

Ok My eldest lad was in NY last week, so checked with him as a reminder

You need to have been vaccinated to get an ESTA
but like me he has not had any boosters and is not up to date
so once you had at least one shot you should be ok

Not requested in airport

Edited by Huggybeer - 22 Feb 2023 at 12:07pm
Getting old and intolerant
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 9:53pm

Ok My eldest lad was in NY last week, so checked with him as a reminder

You need to have been vaccinated to get an ESTA
but like me he has not had any boosters and is not up to date
so once you had at least one shot you should be ok

Not requested in airport

Confused just done the ESTA form there at the weekend wasnt asked anything about COVID  ( we are fully up to date 2 Boosters etc so wasnt worried ) 

However that Verifly thing from Aer Lingus is a bag of sh*te  - would let me check in on line as the verify check wasnt approved despite repeatley doing it and getting approved on the app 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 12:43pm
There's a hostel in Dublin for €1600, down from 2 for one night on the 17th. It's for Dublin. Who is going to pay that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic