You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travel thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:54am
Did you fly with Ethiopian when you went? Flee with them a few years back and ‘twas a memorable experience!! 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:00am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Did you fly with Ethiopian when you went? Flee with them a few years back and ‘twas a memorable experience!! 

no i flew from Cork via Amsterdam with KLM. KLM are absolute muck so i wouldn't recommend them to anyone. have heard that years ago about Ethiopian Airlines but know a few lads working in the mining industry in Africa and they fly Ethiopian out of Dublin and they said they have come on leaps and bounds over the past few years.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:07am

Addis airport is some hole! They've opened a new one now though.

Their planes are all top class - probably the best fleet in the world, but didn't appreciate being woken up 90 mins before landing, at about 4.30am, in turbulence for a breakfast I didn't want.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:55am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

MC i know it's away from where your looking to go but i can't highly enough recommend South Africa and in particular Cape Town and wine areas of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Great 10 day holiday destination. 

Spend about 5 nights in Cape Town and then 2 nights in each of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek and then back to Cape Town for the last night. definitely in my top 3 city/area that i have ever visited around the world. Flights from Dublin in June are about €450 return with Ethiopian Airlines (roughly 18 hours and 2 stops) Clap
I'll second this, amazing spot. If you have the time then get a car and drive the coast to Port Elizabeth with a few stops in between and fly home from there. You wont regret it. Savage trip
Some people just deserve a slap
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

MC i know it's away from where your looking to go but i can't highly enough recommend South Africa and in particular Cape Town and wine areas of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Great 10 day holiday destination. 

Spend about 5 nights in Cape Town and then 2 nights in each of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek and then back to Cape Town for the last night. definitely in my top 3 city/area that i have ever visited around the world. Flights from Dublin in June are about €450 return with Ethiopian Airlines (roughly 18 hours and 2 stops) Clap
I'll second this, amazing spot. If you have the time then get a car and drive the coast to Port Elizabeth with a few stops in between and fly home from there. You wont regret it. Savage trip

Yeah the Garden Route is unreal. just back from it. Did 5 nights in CT and then did 13 nights between CT and PE 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:18am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Their planes are all top class - probably the best fleet in the world, but didn't appreciate being woken up 90 mins before landing, at about 4.30am, in turbulence for a breakfast I didn't want.
LOLAddis’ was a mad spot alright, was 2010 when I was there before flying on to Lusaka with a 30min stop in Harare where the cleaners came on and cleaned while roaring at you to remain seated LOL 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:27pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

LOLAddis’ was a mad spot alright, was 2010 when I was there before flying on to Lusaka with a 30min stop in Harare where the cleaners came on and cleaned while roaring at you to remain seated LOL 

Same happened to me actually! Was flying Nairobi to Lusaka via Harare.

Had forgotten that, pure jobs for the lads stuff 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:44am
Have a few days in Paris next week, and time to myself during the day. So anything different to see and do over there other than the obvious 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Have a few days in Paris next week, and time to myself during the day. So anything different to see and do over there other than the obvious 

Eiffel Tower is supposed to be decent. Definitely in the top 3 or 4 towers.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:33pm

Worst Kip In Europe in my view if I could pick one city in Europe to never visit again it be Paris. None the less enjoy 

Edited by irelandfan - 21 Feb 2019 at 2:34pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:34pm
Musee D'Orsay has some good art and it's a great space (it's a former train station LOL).

I was there around the time of the friendly last year. I showed up and there was a big queue for tickets, so I booked one online, then skipped the queue. Must have saved about half an hour.

You could also go out to Versailles, although it is pricey.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 21 Feb 2019 at 2:35pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:38pm

Depends what you have already done.

I always try to visit Pere Lachaise when there.

There is an Asterix themed Theme Park just outside (Paris not Pere Lachaise Wink )  too which has a lot of cool rollercoasters if that be your thing.

Clignancourt Flea market- if you are there on Sat-Mon and want to pick up some antiques/ cool gifts for people- you could easily spend a whole day there

Edited by lassassinblanc - 21 Feb 2019 at 2:40pm
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:05pm
Get the train out to Versailles Liamo. Well worth a visit 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:14pm
If you do go to Versaille, get there early. The queues can be nuts, plus the gardens are massive and will take a fair amount of time to get around. Plus I think the fountains are on in the morning, and less so in the afternoon. They use a vast amount of water so they aren't on all the time.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:29pm
Will be in Hong Kong for 2 days at the start of April. Flying out the day of the 7's so will miss that.

Any recommendations?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Will be in Hong Kong for 2 days at the start of April. Flying out the day of the 7's so will miss that.

Any recommendations?

What are you after? 

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Eiffel Tower is supposed to be decent. Definitely in the top 3 or 4 towers.
LOL
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 1:28am
It’s a good tower alright Bob don’t miss it.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic