You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do YBIG members do in ‘real life’?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 11:58am
Barrister. I work in a few different areas so it is interesting. I do a bit of refugee work, a bit of residential tenancies work, a bit of law reporting and a bit of criminal.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 24 Jan 2019 at 11:59am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 12:32pm
Property: Letting, managing, selling, valuations. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 12:36pm
I'm a materials scientist and engineer, I currently work for a 3rd party certification body qualifying fire protection. Monday I was watching a beam get blasted by a 30 ft jet of flame.

I've previously worked in the aeronautical industry qualifying new adhesives and in the nuclear industry doing research.

I really like my job but the travel can be annoying.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 24 Jan 2019 at 1:23pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

I'm a materials scientest and engineer, I currently work for a 3rd party certification body qualifying fire protection. Monday I was watching a beam get blasted by a 30 ft jet of flame.

I've previously worked in the aeronautical industry qualifying new adhesives and in the nuclear industry doing research.

Now this sounds interesting Thumbs Up
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:04pm
I’m a qualified mechanic but work in vehicle testing, taxi licensing & taxi meter calibration. It’s pretty repetitive but pays well & I only work a 4 day week. 
I’m out of a working garage 10 years now & wouldn’t go back on the tools. Not sure what I want to do next tbh 
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:38pm

I'm a materials scientist and engineer, I currently work for a 3rd party certification body qualifying fire protection. Monday I was watching a beam get blasted by a 30 ft jet of flame.

We have a winner Clap
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Serious Q: ever appeared in front of the RTB in a dispute? What's your opinion: pain in the hole or actually reasonable?

Can jet fuel melt steel beams, is the question?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:59pm

Am jealous of you for having a job that isn't easy to explain but is actually really interesting when you have explained it !
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:02pm
We were due to lately but we got it resolved Dave. So have never done it. Residential lettings are a pain in the bollocks though. Least amount of revenue for by far the most amount of work. Landlords can be ****s. Tenants can be ****s. And when both are ****s, then you're in for a hell of a time!

For the most part though, tenants are sound and landlords are sound. I find it's the 5% or so in both categories that take up 70% of my time!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Snivelling AnGRy seRvAnT.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:05pm

Im in the middle of selling my house Mark and its fallen through twice now. Its been ongoing since August. Is this just something that happens regularly?? Im at my wits end with it all now Cry
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Im in the middle of selling my house Mark and its fallen through twice now. Its been ongoing since August. Is this just something that happens regularly?? Im at my wits end with it all now Cry

Jaysus, time flies : Doesn't seem like that long ago since you were mentioning buying your house on here !
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:08pm
Stop i know. 3 years ago now Wacko
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:14pm
Yeah, it's not uncommon SGB. What were the reasons given for it falling through? It could be for a variety of reasons but since you only bought it 3 years ago, I can't imagine there is any problem with the title or anything.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:19pm
Well the first time there was a mad bidding war and I think they just got carried away and decided to pull out after 2 weeks which tbh I was kind of expecting. Then this time the buyer announced after 10 weeks of being sale agreed that he is short a fairly substantional amount to make the sale and is trying to get finance sorted but we cant wait around as we have gone sale agreed on a new house ourselves and we need to close on that. It went back on the market today. It is the biggest head wrecker ive ever expereinced and im 7 and a half months pregnant so its just great craic in my house at the momentLOL Cry
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:19pm
SGB will have her own daytime property show soon. 
AKA pedantic kunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:25pm
Are you using an agent? Get them to ask for proof of funds before considering an offer. We have seen sales fall through before because spoofers who don't have money are making daft offers. What happens is exactly what happened to you - you waste your time and probably end up losing a genuine buyer in one of the underbidders. If it's a mortgage, they can provide a letter of offer from the bank. If it's cash, a bank statement or letter from their solicitor
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:28pm
Yeah we have an agent alright. All that was done apparently but it was something to do with a pension fund dropping or something like that. Sure when we were bidding on our new house the agent wouldnt even take our bid without proof of funds. Its just a nightmare. Im still hoping the buyer will get the money together in the next few days. Fingers crossed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic