You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micks first eleven.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 1:40pm
I think he will play Judge off mcGoldrick , always said Maguire is not up to this level , he will drop McClean and play whelan and Hendrick in midfield with Doherty and brady wide 

Randolph
           Coleman           Duffy                Keogh           Stevens 

Doherty                    Hendrick             Whelan                  Brady 

Judge 

mcGoldrick  
royal rover
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

I think he will play Judge off mcGoldrick , always said Maguire is not up to this level , he will drop McClean and play whelan and Hendrick in midfield with Doherty and brady wide 

Randolph

Judge 

mcGoldrick  
The pace of that team would kill them.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 1:58pm
Maguire in the bin. Doherty in the bin. 2 key players for us in this campaign and the next imo. We are taking mighty strides forward if neither start tomorrow night.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 1:58pm

Randolph

Judge 

mcGoldrick  

in terms of what mick actually goes with tomorrow I think this is a very good guess
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Randolph

Judge 

mcGoldrick  
I think McClean will play for his pace alone we need someone to stretch them i know he is is headless but he has bags of energy and it's not like his replacement are any better than him
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 2:05pm
How can McClean start after his display Saturday?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Randolph

Judge 

mcGoldrick  
I think McClean will play for his pace alone we need someone to stretch them i know he is is headless but he has bags of energy and it's not like his replacement are any better than him
McGoldrick can't play up front on his own, though. I can't see how him and Judge would get the best out of each other and I hope Mick can see that. Judge's set-pieces are why he is in the squad, but I assumed that was an option from the bench. The couple of times I have watched him for Ipswich he doesn't look the player he was. He has done very well to get back playing in the Championship, but I would be surprised if he was starting regularly in that league next season.
We need some sort of pace up front, Maguire hasn't done much in an Ireland jersey so far and was terrible on Saturday, but the alternatives are worse. 

McClean has to be dropped after Saturday. It would be an awful indicator of McCarthy's plans if he deems  Doherty for not being able to play wide right after Saturday but deems McClean capable after his performance.
We all love McClean's pride and passion, but we have an awful mix of players with lots of heart and little or no ability and a little ability and no heart. Getting the mix right is key, we can't afford to have a player so wasteful in possession starting.

Edited by pre Madonna - 25 Mar 2019 at 2:32pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 2:31pm
If McClean starts tomorrow night then he'll never be dropped.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 2:54pm
does not look good... why would he take Doherty off and not McClean, and put Brady on the right,  on Saturday if he fancys Doherty to play there... bizarre from Mick really
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

does not look good... why would he take Doherty off and not McClean, and put Brady on the right,  on Saturday if he fancys Doherty to play there... bizarre from Mick really

I can only think that Doherty was told to hit the ball to the corners for the two upfront to chase and he may have decided to play a more build from the back approach (like wolves) 

I can only think that Doherty didn’t follow MM direction and he was then taken off. 

I will be crucified for this but I still think Dohertys decision to talk openly and disparaging about the last management the very day they were fired will not have done him any favours in how team mates and this management view him. I think Mick would be pretty old school and would expect his players not to reveal dressing room confidences under any circumstances.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

I can only think that Doherty was told to hit the ball to the corners for the two upfront to chase and he may have decided to play a more build from the back approach (like wolves) 

I can only think that Doherty didn’t follow MM direction and he was then taken off. 

I will be crucified for this but I still think Dohertys decision to talk openly and disparaging about the last management the very day they were fired will not have done him any favours in how team mates and this management view him. I think Mick would be pretty old school and would expect his players not to reveal dressing room confidences under any circumstances.
I think that that is very likely to be a factor. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:44am
As much as the criticism about O'Neill and Keane is warranted, I don't think current players should be speaking out against them. Keep whatever went on within the squad. 

Don't like the idea of McGoldrick playing up front on his own, from what I've seen of him for us (having not really seen him play club football so maybe he is just following instructions), he's not going to stretch the defence, and may end up crowding the midfield area which could work in the Georgians favour.

I'd play Doherty RW one more time to see if he can build a partnership with Coleman, most of our opportunities in the 1st half came down that side, which made the substitution even more bizarre. I thought at the time that Mick might have been saving him for tonight but that remains to be seen.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Currychips View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Currychips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:06am
It feels a little bit like Mick is trying to make the system fit Coleman and everyone else has to fit in around him. I’m not knocking Coleman but I feel Mick is hesitate to use a back 3 cause it mightn’t be to Coleman’s straight (I think he would excel in a back 3 tbh). Doherty & Stevens are quality wing backs who could fly up and down the wings with Whelan covering along with Arter with possibly Judge pulling the strings. We guys playing well for their clubs in these positions so let’s try and build on it, not break it down. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:21am
Personally, I’d rather try and use Coleman in the way Austria use Alana. I’m no fan of having our Captain and technically most proficient player at Right Back where he can only influence the game to a certain extent.

In midfield he would take on more responsibility, or in front of the back four he can use his skills across the board. This would also allow Doherty bed in at right back and bring some more finesse to a team really lacking in it...

Randy
Doherty.    Duffy.   Egan.   Stevens

Coleman
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Personally, I’d rather try and use Coleman in the way Austria use Alana. I’m no fan of having our Captain and technically most proficient player at Right Back where he can only influence the game to a certain extent.

In midfield he would take on more responsibility, or in front of the back four he can use his skills across the board. This would also allow Doherty bed in at right back and bring some more finesse to a team really lacking in it...

Randy

Coleman

What makes you think he could play that position?

If Mick did this it would be akin to putting Christie in midfield.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:29am
The independent are predicting the same team apart from Brady replacing Doherty
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:31am
Doherty was started to shut the media up. Mick can say he tried and it failed. The fact it he was hauled off so early made it obvious.

I agree about Coleman in midfield too. By the same token, I would play Westwood as a striker. We have two good goalkeepers and should play them both.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:35am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Randy

Coleman

What makes you think he could play that position?

If Mick did this it would be akin to putting Christie in midfield.

I disagree. Coleman is more composed on the ball for a start. I gave the example of Alaba not playing his traditional role when playing for Austria. I also base it on the decision to select Coleman as Captain.

I actually see no reason why Coleman couldn’t play there. Rice is a player who started all around the backline before setting.

In the midfield I’d play him right-side of midfield, not centrally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859>
  Share Topic