You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micks first eleven.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 59>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:38pm
Yeah . i think is the best formation available to face a bunch of amateurs. we need the same team vs Georgia since we didnt have friendlies

Edited by Gerry Geary - 19 Mar 2019 at 3:39pm
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:49pm
From reading online hasnt mick said that doherty can play right midfield now esp with all the injuries. Why all these teams with doherty at left back. Clearly that aint going to haopen.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:50pm
We won't be playing three at the back.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

From reading online hasnt mick said that doherty can play right midfield now esp with all the injuries. Why all these teams with doherty at left back. Clearly that aint going to haopen.

Well you won't be playing if you don't get off Ybig and train
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Well you won't be playing if you don't get off Ybig and train

LOL i wont be at left back tho
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 5:09pm

From reading online hasnt mick said that doherty can play right midfield now esp with all the injuries. Why all these teams with doherty at left back. Clearly that aint going to haopen.

Where has he said that? I've only seen the interview where he said he doesn't plan on playing players out of position, and doesn't think he'll play both Coleman and Doherty.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

From reading online hasnt mick said that doherty can play right midfield now esp with all the injuries. Why all these teams with doherty at left back. Clearly that aint going to haopen.

Where has he said that? I've only seen the interview where he said he doesn't plan on playing players out of position, and doesn't think he'll play both Coleman and Doherty.

“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 7:08pm
With hourihane still not with the squad might that kinda rule him out seen as mick hasnt much time with the squad anyway. I presume he will be there tomorrow.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 11:35pm
I'm expecting something like this

Randolph
 Coleman Duffy Keogh Stevens
 Hendrick Arter Whelan Brady
                Judge
             McGoldrick
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:04am
As pointed out before it seems likely doherty (not me) will play right side midfield. Why does everyone assume keogh will play? 

Edited by doherty - 20 Mar 2019 at 12:05am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:18am
Where   does   the     midfield  maestro  CHRISTIE   fit into    EIRE?
He looks   like    a  young   McGRATH
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 7:49am
Judging on Micks comments this week so far i think he is very likely to start both Coleman and Doherty. Think Micks biggest call is who starts in goal.  Highly unlikely he will play one of Randolph/Westwood Saturday with the other one then starting on Tuesday.  

It certainly isn't a straight forward call.  Randolph has been generally consistent for us.  I have a feeling he may go with Westwood though.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 8:13am
From what I've heard, the team done more tactical training yesterday then they ever did under Martin.

They worked on a few different formations.

3-4-2-1 and 4-2-3-1 being the main two

Edited by lassassinblanc - 20 Mar 2019 at 8:14am
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:25pm
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:31pm
I think Westwood has to start. If it is so true. A 3-4-2-1 is suitable. Plastic pitch is a problem. Big problem. If we win 3-0 I take it. Don't see our team with a new manager in his 1st game getting so many goals in.
BRADY will play since he has a bit of craft and creativity. Hourihane can get some goals from set pieces. if we are gonna play a lone striker is a MISTAKE we need 2 players to open up their back line

Edited by Gerry Geary - 20 Mar 2019 at 12:31pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

From what I've heard, the team done more tactical training yesterday then they ever did under Martin.

They worked on a few different formations.

3-4-2-1 and 4-2-3-1 being the main two

That’s interesting. Never thought that Mick would entertain three at the back. Maybe two different phases for attacking/defending?

It’s great that Mick and TC are hands on coaches. After all the talk of new players, I’m most excited about him getting the best out of what we have 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:36pm
You have to play as progressively as possible in a game like this. You can almost work on the basis that our defensive unit is strong enough to nullify the extremely limited threat Gibraltar pose.

Playing Hourihane as a CM makes a lot of sense, and I take the point regarding Brady, even though his form and injury record has not been the best. Setting up a team with a forward thinking approach is key. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:39pm
Don't get the Westwood over Randolph thing personally. Think Randi is our number 1, playing week in week at a club challenging for promotion to the Premier League. Not convinced the 'good catholic boy' is better than him 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 59>
  Share Topic