You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micks first eleven.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 59>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Ahy wasn't he named in the extended squad at least. He's very close to being an automatic starter for me. Very odd.

He was injured. 

He's fit. He played today.

Gibraltar and Georgia are competitive games. We need to score goals, we need wins, otherwise the qualification campaign is over before it's begun.

We need our strongest team out, and Robinson features in our strongest team.

He was injured when Mick announced team. I wouldn't be surprised if he was drafted in, but I'm guessing under strict instruction he only makes a cameo appearance over both games. Mick probably more interested in seeing him up close .
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:10am
Had a few drinks, so not quite sure who the designated saviour of Irish football is today, maybe some kind gents or ladies on ybig could let me know whether it's Bamford (English lad who hasn't declared for us), Crowley (English lad who has declared for us), Cullen (previous holder of title, due to appearing on West Ham bench twice or 3 times), Robinson (coming back from injury, but was our best player in a God awful defeat V Wales away a year ago, wasn't quite as good in other subsequent games) or maybe the football hipster's choice of Luca Connell, or maybe Javier's favourites GREG CUNNINGHAM or EUNAN O'KANE. 

Would really appreciate it, I'd try have some class of opinion on these rivals to Messi/Ronaldo that Mick refuses to pick (McCarthy out etc) in my next post on the matter, but want to be sure I've made the correct Ybig choice first. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:31pm

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Ahy wasn't he named in the extended squad at least. He's very close to being an automatic starter for me. Very odd.

He was injured. 

He's fit. He played today.

Gibraltar and Georgia are competitive games. We need to score goals, we need wins, otherwise the qualification campaign is over before it's begun.

We need our strongest team out, and Robinson features in our strongest team.

I was just looking over Georgia's results again. They have so many one goal defeats. I would definitely take a scabby 1-0 win right now.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:39pm
From the recent quotes from Mick and assuming he goes with his usual 4-2-3-1 formation I wouldn’t be surprised to see this side. Seems to have hinted he won’t play both Coleman and Doherty which is highly disappointing. Seems to highly rate Sheffield United pair John Egan and Enda Stevens which is a positive in my opinion. Seems to still think Whelan can do a job and highly rates Judge which is definitely a shock. Hopefully he’s right about Judge though. Wouldn’t really be surprised to see him stick with the old guard with the likes of Brady and McClean. He knows McGoldrick from his time with Ipswich so he’ll probably go with him up front. Not exactly inspiring but we’ll able to dig out a result. In Ireland we don’t like the saying out with the old and in with the new. It’s more like out with the old and in with the old. The only difference I fear between O’Neil and McCarthy I fear is the players being a bit more organised regarding their role and formation. However with all those 1-0 away wins O’Neill pulled off for us maybe that’s quite harsh. Like surely you can’t be that much of a mug when you beat Austria and Wales 1-0 away and draw with Germany 1-1. I’ll snap your hand off for two 0-0s against Switzerland and Denmark. I think this time next week we could still be saying where is Doherty? and so on! 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 10:56am
Micks Diamond Formation and Team for Gibraltar, wont happen but would love to see it given a go.

Randolph
Coleman Duffy Egan Stevens
Cullen
Byrne Hourihane
McGoldrick
Long Maguire

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by gally gally wrote:

Micks Diamond Formation and Team for Gibraltar, wont happen but would love to see it given a go.

Randolph
Cullen
Byrne Hourihane
McGoldrick
Long Maguire

there    is   no  DOHERTY.  You    EL LOCO?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Randolph
Cullen
Byrne Hourihane
McGoldrick
Long Maguire

there    is   no  Young DOHERTY.  You    EL LOCO?
fixed TJ
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Randolph
Cullen
Byrne Hourihane
McGoldrick
Long Maguire

there    is   no  Young DOHERTY.  You    EL LOCO?
fixed TJ

Clap   I     messed   UP
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 12:31pm
Any chance Westwood might get the nod over Randolph?

I wouldn’t think so, but I’d it a possibility?
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

You would think hes in with a shout, hes kept 9 clean sheets in 14 matches since he came back into the Wednesday team.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

You would think hes in with a shout, hes kept 9 clean sheets in 14 matches since he came back into the Wednesday team.

He probably should start on current form. Mick has no loyalties to any goalkeeper so you’d assume he’s going to pick the goalkeeper he believes is the best.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:24pm

Randolph
Cullen
Byrne Hourihane
McGoldrick
Long Maguire

there    is   no  DOHERTY.  You    EL LOCO?
No chance that one. Bielsa will get US all out attack
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:28pm
. randy/westwood

Coleman. Egan Duffy Stevens

mcclean arter hendrick Brady

. long mcgoldrick
korourke View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korourke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:30pm

Down to the wire now. Getting psyched. Here are the latest ratings.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:37pm
Westwood deserves to start. Randolph and his Boro team aren't in great form, bit of a howler at Villa also.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:48pm
Lads Brady is muck. Shouldn't be near the starting 11
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 2:01pm
Based on current form. Would of started all of Browne, O'Dowda and Robinson.

--------Randolph
Coleman-Duffy-Egan-Stevens
Doherty--Hendrick-Arter-Judge
------------------McGoldrick
---------Maguire
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

Based on current form. Would of started all of Browne, O'Dowda and Robinson.

--------Randolph
Coleman-Duffy-Egan-Stevens
Doherty--Hendrick-Arter-Judge
------------------McGoldrick
---------Maguire

Really? Does the keeper call just get ignored on the "current form" stuff?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 59>
  Share Topic