Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micks first eleven.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56575859>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
Coleman never struck me as someone who could play in midfield.
I'd like to see him on the right side of a back three though, with Doherty and Stevens/Brady on the other side.

Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The independent are predicting the same team apart from Brady replacing Doherty

That would be pretty depressing.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:45am

I think I will watch Bake Off...
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:53am

It didn't surprise me in the slightest, I said as much Saturday and it makes perfect sense as to why he made that switch against Gibraltar.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:15pm
So they are saying McClean will start again Wacko and Coleman ahead of Doherty
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:16pm

He would be absolutely terrible in midfield.

I don’t agree with playing players out of position but I think Coleman and Doherty have to pay on the right.
I think we have to go with something like 4-5-1. 
We’re not equipped to play 3 at the back.

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:22pm
Don't get the criticism for McClean on here. Top goal scorer in the last campaign and top scorer in the squad. Terrible game on Saturday true and maybe deserves to be dropped for his performance but he is far from as sh*te as people keep saying.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

He would be absolutely terrible in midfield.

I don’t agree with playing players out of position but I think Coleman and Doherty have to pay on the right.
I think we have to go with something like 4-5-1. 
We’re not equipped to play 3 at the back.

Why though? I don’t understand how those who are most proficient can’t potentially be used elsewhere. I never saw Coleman as limited to RB.
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Don't get the criticism for McClean on here. Top goal scorer in the last campaign and top scorer in the squad. Terrible game on Saturday true and maybe deserves to be dropped for his performance but he is far from as sh*te as people keep saying.

Terrible game always. Useless player. One trick pony with no football brain at all. Will cross a ball into a box with 5 defenders and one attacker and still over or under hit it. 

Shouldnt be near the team. Even when he was scoring he was still rubbish in the games.  
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
kerryman95 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryman95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:16pm
Collins deserves a chance if we are going with 2 imo
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:11pm

Would be pretty disappointed if Doherty is dropped. if anything if brady is to come into the team it should be at mccleans expense. I wouldn't be against giving Maguire/mcgoldrick partnership another game especially given our lack of options up top. I don't think he'll drop Keogh for egan either.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:14pm
We're in a similar position to Scotland in that our two best players both play in the same position.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:31pm

We're in a similar position to Scotland in that we are sh*t.
Fixed
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:01pm
Had Hourihane & McGoldrick written off but tonight’s evidence I was wrong. If we can get some of the injured players back for June McCarthy will have plenty of options. Brady cannot play anywhere but left wing though.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Had Hourihane & McGoldrick written off but tonight’s evidence I was wrong. If we can get some of the injured players back for June McCarthy will have plenty of options. Brady cannot play anywhere but left wing though.
I was the same. I still have doubts about Hourihane, I think Georgia suited his style, but he did play well. These Brady experiments have to stop though! It is either him or McClean on the left-wing and that is that.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

I was the same. I still have doubts about Hourihane, I think Georgia suited his style, but he did play well. These Brady experiments have to stop though! It is either him or McClean on the left-wing and that is that.

Yes would have see more of the same from Hourihane - thought the midfield three complimented each other very well tonight
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:30pm
Hourihane, and McGoldrick in particular, were excellent. The whole team played well tbf to them.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:33pm
Have to be happy with 6 points from 6. Very encouraging performance v Georgia. Hopefully, we will have a stronger squad to choose from the next time out with McCarthy, O'Dowda, Browne, Obafemi, Curtis, Long, Robinson, Clark all back plus 1 or 2 additions such as Crowley and the likes.
The only way is up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56575859>
  Share Topic