You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micks first eleven.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 59>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Don't get the Westwood over Randolph thing personally. Think Randi is our number 1, playing week in week at a club challenging for promotion to the Premier League. Not convinced the 'good catholic boy' is better than him 

Darren Randolph has the most clean sheets in the Championship this season.

He has 16 clean sheets, Westwood has 14 appearances.

That should be the end of the discussion really.

Sponsored Links

gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:47pm
Micks 3.4.2.1 against Gibraltar

Randolph
Coleman  Duffy  Egan
Doherty  Arter Cullen  Brady
Byrne  McGoldrickj
Maguire

Micks 4.2.3.1 against Georgia

Randolph
Coleman  Duffy  Egan  Stevens
Arter  Hendrick
Doherty  Hourihane  McClean
Maguire
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:50pm
This looks close enough. Be happy enough to start with this. Maybe Brady for McClean.

Randolph
Coleman  Duffy  Egan  Stevens
Arter  Hendrick
Doherty  Hourihane  McClean
Maguire
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Don't get the Westwood over Randolph thing personally. Think Randi is our number 1, playing week in week at a club challenging for promotion to the Premier League. Not convinced the 'good catholic boy' is better than him 

One of the reasons the fans wanted Luhukay out was his bizarre insistence on picking Dawson over Westwood. Westwood has had nine clean sheets in the league since returning to the team. 
I wouldn't say that is the end of the discussion at all! I have always felt that Westwood is the better goalkeeper, he seems to be a bit of an abrasive character though, something that has put a couple of managers off him for different reasons. There is no doubting his ability though and that is why there is a discussion.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

16 in 36 games.

Westwood has 9 in 14 games since regaining his place.

Randolph had a great first half of the season but Westwood has been the better since December.

Id stick with Randy myself, but Westwood is definitely in contention.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:59pm
Personally, I think it’s a bit of a false debate, which I often feel is the case with keepers at less successful clubs and national teams. I often feel debates about who the appropriate custodian should be could legitimately be settled with the flip of a coin. Unlike when you have a De Gea or Alisson and it is clear cut.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:59pm
Randolph has never let us down. Would be a strange position to change as he's been one of our better performers over the last few barren years.
Westwood has never convinced me.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Randolph has never let us down. Would be a strange position to change as he's been one of our better performers over the last few barren years.
Westwood has never convinced me.

I am the opposite, have never been convinced by Randolph and thought he was been poor on a few occasions for us. He was very poor in Cardiff.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:05pm
Feck we should just play Travers
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:23pm
My absolute final guess 😂 after listening to all Mick’s interviews and press conferences and comments in the media! 4-2-3-1

Westwood 

Coleman Duffy Egan Stevens 

Whelan Arter

Doherty Judge McClean

McGoldrick 

“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:28pm
The real team will be depressing enough without guessing them.
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

lol. There was a headline in one of the red tops the other day something along the lines of SUBSTANCE OVER STYLE where Mick was saying winning is all that counts. I think that means more agricultural football for the forseeable future. But you never know.

Edited by Icy Bread People - 20 Mar 2019 at 3:01pm
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 4:14pm
Thats why team formation is the key. if we play 3 at the back Whelan should play. If we play a #10 in the hole behind two strikers it has to be Robbie Brady. is Judge better there than Brady? who 's gonna be next to the holding mid....hendrick or arter? Or Hourihane can he be a talisman as a #10? Sorting out the midfield is key

Edited by Gerry Geary - 20 Mar 2019 at 4:15pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 4:18pm
I think Jack Byrne amd Cullen might see game time on Saturday if we're well ahead with 20 to go 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

lol. There was a headline in one of the red tops the other day something along the lines of SUBSTANCE OVER STYLE where Mick was saying winning is all that counts. I think that means more agricultural football for the forseeable future. But you never know.
We have little choice but to play somewhat agriculturally, I do expect to see a little bit more flexibility and tactical coherence.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 4:36pm

Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

We have little choice but to play somewhat agriculturally, I do expect to see a little bit more flexibility and tactical coherence.
I've no problem if we play long balls as long as there is some sort of plan to it. It was the lack of a gameplan and just hoofing the ball to an isolated centre forward with no other Irish player within 30 yards of him which was my main problem. We'll definitely be better organised under McCarthy.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:22pm

I think Jack Byrne amd Cullen might see game time on Saturday if we're well ahead with 20 to go 

might as well tie down Cullen when we can and not have another saga betwen us and England 

Edited by Healy52003 - 20 Mar 2019 at 5:24pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

might as well tie down Cullen when we can and not have another saga betwen us and England 

I dont think it will become an issue in his case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 59>
  Share Topic