You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micks first eleven.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 59>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:54am
David Bentley turned down a squad place in the England U21s as well
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:58am
I also think Jonjo Shelvey refused to an U21 call up after he had been called up to Seniors the month before hand though I know that has nothing to with club level

Edited by lassassinblanc - 15 Mar 2019 at 11:59am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:01pm
21's?? Who cares about that?
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Hooped01 Hooped01 wrote:

Mick should tell Bamford to forget about playing for Ireland as his desire to sit tight is an insult to the lads who want to play and turn up. A clear message needs to be sent out to dual nationality players that we will not be their fall back option. These lads attitudes are an insult to the irish football community and I for one don't want them near the national team.

I wonder has he even initiated the paperwork. A signature shouldn't effect his club game too much or exacerbate any previous injuries, carpal tunnel notwithstanding.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:42pm
Josh Cullen called up?

Was he in original extended squad? Of not, what the f**k?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:42pm
Kevin Long and Josh Cullen called up for Curtis and Browne.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:52pm
Mick should cap the sh*t out of Cullen
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:57pm
I am a Charlton Season Ticket Holder, and have seen Josh play numerous times this season, he really is a very good player, loved by the fans, sometimes plays DM, sometimes CM, no matter where he plays, he puts in a lot of hard work, Mick came to the Valley mainly looking at Ronan Curtis of Portsmouth, who played really well, scored a great header, and will be a great acquisition for the team, however Josh was the fans man of the match and Mick must have been very impressed with his all round game.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Josh Cullen called up?

Was he in original extended squad? Of not, what the f**k?

McCarthy has watched him twice in the flesh since the original squad and said he though Cullen was "excellent"
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:12pm
It's an odd one considering he wasn't in the originally 38 man squad but perhaps someone from Micks team was looking at the clammer for younger players in the squad.

I think it's good to see him get a call up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:19pm
I think it is absolutely disgraceful that he has called up someone who wasn’t previously called up to be a substitute. 

Strongly worded letters needed.

Bedsheets at the ready!
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:23pm
Could we see Josh Cullen pulling out for personal reasons ??

If he's available for any of the next games cap him too f**k. Tbh didn't hear much about him but sounds promising 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by gally gally wrote:

I am a Charlton Season Ticket Holder, and have seen Josh play numerous times this season, he really is a very good player, loved by the fans, sometimes plays DM, sometimes CM, no matter where he plays, he puts in a lot of hard work, Mick came to the Valley mainly looking at Ronan Curtis of Portsmouth, who played really well, scored a great header, and will be a great acquisition for the team, however Josh was the fans man of the match and Mick must have been very impressed with his all round game.

Good to hear gally. Hopefully he takes his chance to impress.

Given the lack of options at DM, could you see him playing that role long term?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by gally gally wrote:

Good to hear gally. Hopefully he takes his chance to impress.

Given the lack of options at DM, could you see him playing that role long term?

He started playing DM for Charlton very well, and it was very noticable how comfortable in possession he was, Charlton have another DM loanee in Bielik from Arsenal who is exceptional at this level, but Cullen is a guaranteed starter for Charlton in either position, Difficult to say which position he is better at, he has had a few assists playing CM this season. I love the guy.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Delighted to see Cullen called up. Looks a great prospect. Saw him on a few occasions for under 21's and looked better than rice. 
He may have looked better on a certain night but unfortunately not a patch on Rice. He looked excellent in a pre season friendly against juventus a few years ago then went to Bradford on loan and was loved by the fans, the next season he had a spell at Bolton but it did not go well for him in the championship relegation battle where he was left out of the starting eleven most weeks. Apart from his injury he has excelled at charlton. I'd love to see him at a higher level before making a real judgement on him and to be selected ahead of McCarthy (fit or not) is a strange one. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:19pm
Thanks gally - Cullen always seems to be popular wherever he goes. I’ve never really seen him play, so I hope he lives up to his promise 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:33pm
Seen him v Juventus when he got MOTM for West Ham, definitely a good prospect
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Delighted to see Cullen called up. Looks a great prospect. Saw him on a few occasions for under 21's and looked better than rice. 
Having watched the under-21 side regularly the last few years myself I'd beg to differ as I'm sure most others present would. Rice was light years ahead of the rest of the squad including Cullen, which is probably why he is one of West Ham's top performers and Cullen is still playing league 1 at the age of 23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 59>
  Share Topic