You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micks first eleven.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 59>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

If Bamford got a call from England, you can guarantee he wouldn't be postponing anything.

There seems to be a collective Stockholm syndrome amongst some fans in Ireland. Bottom line: If an international call up is refused in anyway or delayed... Endgame. 

Fook Bamford. Won't even get near the squad when Kenny takes over anyway.

Scott Hogan did the same, still ended up playing for us
Sponsored Links

DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

I think Mick will pick something along the lines of :  

Randolph

Coleman Duffy Keogh Doherty

Arter  Whelan

Brady   Hendrick     McClean

Long
chronicDead
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:40pm
                          Randolph

Coleman      Duffy      Egan          Stevens

Arter/Whelan

Doherty/Hendrick     Hourihane     O'Dowda

McGoldrick           Maguire

Few decisions there to be made

Edited by doherty - 14 Mar 2019 at 9:40pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:45pm

If Bamford got a call from England, you can guarantee he wouldn't be postponing anything.

There seems to be a collective Stockholm syndrome amongst some fans in Ireland. Bottom line: If an international call up is refused in anyway or delayed... Endgame. 

It is understandable because he is injury prone, I would also imagine that he would need the international clearance too. 
In an ideal world we wouldn't be worried about him, but he is  superior to anything we have. I also very much doubt that Kenny will have the luxury of turning down players that have his quality. For all the potential we have coming through, I would be absolutely amazed if Bamford wouldn't be good enough for Kenny's squads. It would be superb if we could afford to ignore him.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:16pm
Mcgeady for curtis and hogan for browne
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:37pm

Not necessarily true, there are loads of guys who've teetered for a while before joining us. I'm almost certain Bamford will declare within the next 12 months; but only because there isn't a chance in hell he'll ever get near an England call up.
We're decent enough..
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Not necessarily true, there are loads of guys who've teetered for a while before joining us. I'm almost certain Bamford will declare within the next 12 months; but only because there isn't a chance in hell he'll ever get near an England call up.
Would he turn down Gareth now for the same reason he turned down Mick? Waiting until the summer. I don't buy it. I think he's hedging his bets hoping that Leeds get promoted and he has a decent start next year. If Callum Wilson can get a cap I'm pretty sure he could. And I guess that's what he's thinking too.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:08pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Would he turn down Gareth now for the same reason he turned down Mick? Waiting until the summer. I don't buy it. I think he's hedging his bets hoping that Leeds get promoted and he has a decent start next year. If Callum Wilson can get a cap I'm pretty sure he could. And I guess that's what he's thinking too.

I've pretty much echoed your sentiments... FWIW, Wilson is absolutely streets ahead of him; Bamford will never get within an ars*s roar of England and that is why he will (eventually) declare for us.
We're decent enough..
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:40pm
Its Just me or Bamford is just a 5 years old younger versión of Cillian Sheridan?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:41pm
Same kind of player. Both tall and lefty strikers
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

Its Just me or Bamford is just a 5 years old younger versión of Cillian Sheridan?
Javier, mon frére, whatever your  question is, the answer is always 'just you'...
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:45am
LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:23am
Talk that Josh Cullen will be called up to replace Browne
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Hooped01 Hooped01 wrote:

Mick should tell Bamford to forget about playing for Ireland as his desire to sit tight is an insult to the lads who want to play and turn up. A clear message needs to be sent out to dual nationality players that we will not be their fall back option. These lads attitudes are an insult to the irish football community and I for one don't want them near the national team.

To be honest from Mick's manner and tone of it, I think Bamford falls into same category as Hogan that he wants to play for us, but just wants to get his club game back up and running.

Mick is an honest man I think if he had any doubts over Bamford he'd have already told him to do one.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:52am

Remember when Jack was able to exile one of the best centre halves in England for three years when he didnt fancy an end of season friendly. Ah great days.  
I'm all for being pragmatic but I think a marker has to be set given the current embarrassing context of players turning us down. It's not club football. It's supposed to be an honor to be selected. 
El Puto Amo
Green rebel View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:21am
Gk RANDOLPH 
Rb Coleman
Cb DUFFY
Cb Egan
Lb Stevens
Rm DOHERTY
Cm.Arter
Lm.ODowda
Cam judge
St .Mcgoldrick
St. Long                             

Edited by Green rebel - 15 Mar 2019 at 10:25am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:58am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Mick should tell Bamford to forget about playing for Ireland as his desire to sit tight is an insult to the lads who want to play and turn up. A clear message needs to be sent out to dual nationality players that we will not be their fall back option. These lads attitudes are an insult to the irish football community and I for one don't want them near the national team.

To be honest from Mick's manner and tone of it, I think Bamford falls into same category as Hogan that he wants to play for us, but just wants to get his club game back up and running.

Mick is an honest man I think if he had any doubts over Bamford he'd have already told him to do one.

Who's the last English player to turn down a call up for club reasons? It seems quite amazing that it seems to occur only with potential English born Irish players.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:47am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Who's the last English player to turn down a call up for club reasons? It seems quite amazing that it seems to occur only with potential English born Irish players.

Tom Ince refused a call up for the U21's saying he wanted to settle at club level

Drinkwater done the same after his move to Chelsea though that was later (covered up) by saying he was injured
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 59>
  Share Topic