You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 31>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:30am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

So...will Michael Duignan be sacked by RTE? He's right but Cusack didn't mention his name.

With any luck, and I'll be going out on the beer if it happens. Regular whinger about various styles of play that (in particular) WD, Wex & Clare have adopted in recent years, but with absolutely fcuk all tactical analysis to back up his opinion, just spends his time whinging that he doesn't like modern hurling. Nobody says he has to like or dislike anything, he's entitled to his opinion, but he's being paid to analyse the game, and falls miserably short in this in my opinion- my views on him here would have been expressed on many hurling threads for a good few years now. 

One of those boring ***ts that wants every AI final to be KK V Tipp (or Cork if Tipp don't make it) with KK winning, and you would suspect he thinks other counties should just go out & lie down every time they play one of the 'traditional' teams, much like his own county has done for the last decade. 

Find him a fcukin insufferable Kilkenny cheerleader, only I witnessed him playing for Offaly, I'd have forgotten where he's actually from, he loves KK that much. Don't think he will be sacked, which is a pity. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 2:47am
In fairness to Waterford it's hard to judge their support until we see them at home. They'll never bring their full championship contingent to an away match.

I remember meath for years only played league matches at home and come championship they brought a few thousand to Croker or whatever neutral ground. You'd t think they only had 5k fans but then they played Kildare and Galway in navan and there was 19k at each fixture and navan is a kip. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:42am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

In fairness to Waterford it's hard to judge their support until we see them at home. They'll never bring their full championship contingent to an away match.

I remember meath for years only played league matches at home and come championship they brought a few thousand to Croker or whatever neutral ground. You'd t think they only had 5k fans but then they played Kildare and Galway in navan and there was 19k at each fixture and navan is a kip. 

That's a fair enough point eireland, and I have no doubt we will sell out both our home games V Clare & Limerick this year. Our core support is still utter sh*te though, there were 600 less people at today's QF V Clare than there were at the Galway game last week, and the weather wasn't anything as inclement. Aye, I know tis a long weekend, and the Egg was on the TV and so on, but we will bring much the same to Thurles next Sunday, more or less the same individuals who were there today & last Sunday & support the team through thick & thin. 

Game itself, no Waterford fan is under the illusion that it will be any sort of similar game between us & Clare come May 12th, but as a stand alone league game, we'll take that result thanks very much. Scored highly, and had a ridiculous 2 (two !!) wides in 74 minutes of very windy conditions that made it difficult for free takers, not that it seemed to matter to Stephen Bennett, who nailed all 16 frees he got from a variety of distances & angles. Ref Sean Cleere awarded a lot of soft frees against Clare, I thought he was harsh enough on them in 2nd half, and to be honest, I'd be cracking up if some of those frees were awarded against us. 

Great win for Dubs in Thurles v Tipp, and Cork overcame KK in Nowlan for the first senior game in 32 years, even if the outcome was only to decide which team went to 1A & 1B. Only one team (Galway, not quite sure of year) have finished bottom of 1A in last 20 years and subsequently gone on to hurl past July, so even allowing for the new league format, no relegation and the absence of the Ballyhale lads (aka TJ) KK have it all to do this year, especially with a resurgent Dublin and a Wexford who don't seem to have dropped off that much in the traditional 'getting sick of Davy' 3rd year, today's result aside. 

SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:42am
Delighted for the hurlers to get a win over Tipp yesterday and while it’s only the league it will give the youngsters belief that we can compete with the top teams.

Gutted that I missed the game due to fixtures overlapping  but I was talking to a pal who was at the game and he said Tipp had over 20 wides while Dublin only had 6. Cian Boland had a very good game but is prone to picking up injuries. There was only 3,300 at the game.  A semi final against Limerick awaits us next week which I assume will be in Thurles.  
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:16pm
Great win for Waterford yesterday but it's still only the league and long way too go but more the games the better for us. Dublin had a huge win also in which not many expected. Thought Wexford would beat Galway but wasn't to be and Galway deserved it. Kilkenny wont be happy losing even though it meant feck all really. Expect Ballyhale too win today starting the King Henry is next too lead Kilkenny stuff 

Hearing double header in Thurles next Sat 23rd March for the semis but would prefer Sunday as I can get that day off. Ah well TV will have to do if its Sat
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Great win for Waterford yesterday but it's still only the league and long way too go but more the games the better for us. Dublin had a huge win also in which not many expected. Thought Wexford would beat Galway but wasn't to be and Galway deserved it. Kilkenny wont be happy losing even though it meant feck all really. Expect Ballyhale too win today starting the King Henry is next too lead Kilkenny stuff 

Hearing double header in Thurles next Sat 23rd March for the semis but would prefer Sunday as I can get that day off. Ah well TV will have to do if its Sat

Confirmed as a Double Header in Nowlan Park next Sunday

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Mar 2019 at 1:41pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Where ???

That be nice 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 1:54pm

Where ???

That be nice 

Dublin Limerick TI at 1:30
Galway Waterford TI at 3:30 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 4:54pm

Where ???

That be nice 

Dublin Limerick TI at 1:30
Galway Waterford TI at 3:30 

Very happy with that decision 

I imagine the final will he the following Sunday the same time as the division 2 football final so tg4 can show both division 1 NHL and NFL finals. Div 2 final will prob be streamed 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:47pm
Should be a decent crowd in Nowlan Park especially from limerick. How will they decide who gets home advantage for the final? 
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:01pm
Final is usually played on neutral territory so doubt if there will be home advantage. They will decide after semi finals where It will be played.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

Final is usually played on neutral territory so doubt if there will be home advantage. They will decide after semi finals where It will be played.
Did kilkenny not host Tipp in kilkenny last year? 
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 7:35am
Yes but Kilkenny and Tipperary had a home and away agreement for league finals. Most other counties don't so usually final could be Thurles like Waterford v Cork in 2015 and Waterford v Clare in 2016. 2017 final between Galway and Tipperary was in Limerick.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 2:43pm
Tipp have a home football game next Sunday I think, which probably ruled out Thurles for a DH. Trev is right on the home/away arrangement between KK & Tipp, those finals when they do happen, alternate between KK & Tipp for venue. Not sure if Galway have one with Limerick (doubt it) but Dublin & Waterford don't have any with anyone due to capacity restrictions of Parnell & WP. 

Galway-Limerick final -likely Thurles, though maybe Ennis might come into the discussion. Or maybe there is a home/away between those 2 counties. 
Galway-Dublin final- likely Thurles, though Portlaoise or Tullamore might also be an option. 

WD-Limerick- almost certainly Thurles.
WD-Dublin- Likely Kilkenny again.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 4:51pm
League semi final weekend

Limerick vs Dublin- Limerick who had last weekend off are supposably near full strenght and so far this season have been very impressive and are out too make a statement. Last weekends win against Tipp will do Dublin wonders who have found there feet under Mattie Kenny and have great potential. Think Dublin will do it again and win by 2/3 points 

Waterford vs Galway- A repeat of 2 weeks ago when Waterford came out winners after a last min goal. Both were very impressive in the QFs and both will have learnt a lot from the previous meeting. As a Waterford fan im very happy with the way were playing atm and the more games we get the better and hoping a big crowd travels up Sunday for the game. Galway are starting too find there feet and will have a big say this year. Galway by 1 in a close game

I imagine the final will be played next Sunday 31st March before or after the Div 1 Football final. Thurles prob the most likely venue 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 5:35pm

League semi final weekend

Limerick vs Dublin- Limerick who had last weekend off are supposably near full strenght and so far this season have been very impressive and are out too make a statement. Last weekends win against Tipp will do Dublin wonders who have found there feet under Mattie Kenny and have great potential. Think Dublin will do it again and win by 2/3 points 

Waterford vs Galway- A repeat of 2 weeks ago when Waterford came out winners after a last min goal. Both were very impressive in the QFs and both will have learnt a lot from the previous meeting. As a Waterford fan im very happy with the way were playing atm and the more games we get the better and hoping a big crowd travels up Sunday for the game. Galway are starting too find there feet and will have a big say this year. Galway by 1 in a close game

I imagine the final will be played next Sunday 31st March before or after the Div 1 Football final. Thurles prob the most likely venue 

Waterford Limerick final it is!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 3:00pm
Looking like the final will be part of a double header at Croker with the Div1 Football final

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 3:39pm

Looking like the final will be part of a double header at Croker with the Div1 Football final

absolute crazy decision. be lucky to get 30 to 40k at it. Thurles all day long. 

i see Michael Duignan must have got the ride last night. he tipped Waterford to win a game 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 31>
  Share Topic