You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 4:52am
Tipp U20 manager Liam Cahill believed to have been interviewed for WD job during the week, and DJ Carey also resigned from KK U20 job today (though no idea whether that has anything to do with vacant Waterford job or any other vacant hurling jobs). I'd be happy with either of them ahead of Queally (no disrespect to him etc etc). 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Tipp U20 manager Liam Cahill believed to have been interviewed for WD job during the week, and DJ Carey also resigned from KK U20 job today (though no idea whether that has anything to do with vacant Waterford job or any other vacant hurling jobs). I'd be happy with either of them ahead of Queally (no disrespect to him etc etc). 

In DJ Careys statement it said 'he will stay connected to GAA in Kilkenny' so prob rules out any notion he is going to another county 

Dont knw much about Liam Cahill other than his record with underage Tipp teams and hes seems highly regarded up there. I

Id take him over Queally. Just think the players wont take too Queally and we all knw what happens to us when the players dont have time for the manager. I knw PJR says he saw no discontent in the camp this year but I've heard a few things and lots of stuff like players not coming back in 2020 if Fanning was there 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:23am
WLR just confirmed Queally has been informed he isn't getting job. Announcement shortly it seems. Tipp Michael Ryan is another name circulating in the last few days. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:30am

WLR just confirmed Queally has been informed he isn't getting job. Announcement shortly it seems. Tipp Michael Ryan is another name circulating in the last few days. 

He told me he had an interview this morning alright. Training would be a little different anyway and the bonding sessions would be great...
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He told me he had an interview this morning alright. Training would be a little different anyway and the bonding sessions would be great...

LOL
@AntrimMan85
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 1:11pm

Interesting 

Fergal Hartley is the only local I can think of who is strong enough for the role. Dan on his own hardly or the return of Michael scully Ryan ??

DJ Carey or Henry would be good choices. Liam Dunne from Wexford ?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 2:58pm

It certainly would LOLLOL
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:13pm

I can see it now LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Interesting 

Fergal Hartley is the only local I can think of who is strong enough for the role. Dan on his own hardly or the return of Michael scully Ryan ??

Ml Ryan, Liam Cahill & Henry- seems to be one of those. I've no idea who though. 

Also heard D Fitz is going to Galway for 3 years, rumour, but source decent. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:53pm

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Interesting 

Ml Ryan, Liam Cahill & Henry- seems to be one of those. I've no idea who though. 

Also heard D Fitz is going to Galway for 3 years, rumour, but source decent. 

Ah could of got Davy at 100/1 at one stage for the Galway job f**k it anyway 

Very impressed with the calibre of manager looking for the Waterford job. Hard to knw who id give it too. Liam Cahill seems to be getting it from word going around. I wonder has a sugar daddy come in 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:03pm
Does nobody at all question the fact that amateur lads are helping out teams they have no connection to and miles away from where they live, solely for the good of their health and/or the game?  I know you have to be wired wrong to play the game, but that’s pushing it a bit.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 12:05am

Does nobody at all question the fact that amateur lads are helping out teams they have no connection to and miles away from where they live, solely for the good of their health and/or the game?  I know you have to be wired wrong to play the game, but that’s pushing it a bit.
Who cares 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 7:29am
Well can they stop selling the ethnonationalist, love of the parish and their country sh*te? Stop hamming up that they get nothing out of it and get the f**k on with being as corruptible, if not far more so, as everyone else.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 9:04am

Nobody denies it happens at intercounty, it's usually just paid for by sponsors rather than the county board. The likes of Noel Sheehy, Davy Fitz would all have it on their tax returns (one of the sunday papers did a story on it a few years back)
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 1:40pm

Well can they stop selling the ethnonationalist, love of the parish and their country sh*te? Stop hamming up that they get nothing out of it and get the f**k on with being as corruptible, if not far more so, as everyone else.
You can get paid for something and love it too. I'm sure Davy Fitz loves his job. He certainly looked at it with waterford previously and now Wexford. Very passionate hurling man. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 1:57pm
I’m sure whoever he is that he does, those who promote it can lose the superiority complex though.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:09pm
Davey staying in Wexford.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Davey staying in Wexford.

Pretty good for Wexford Hurling and will really give the county an extra boost. You almost forget there Leisnter champions 

Liam cahill stepped down as Tipp under 20 manager. Only a matter of time til the Waterford appointment is confirmed??. If so happy enough with it but I think the casual waterford fans may not be so excited as hes not really a known name 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>
  Share Topic