You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

You still think Tipp haven't a hope this year?

Yep! Limerick will beat them in Munster Final. Limerick were out their 3rd week in a row and pulled the breaks with about 15 min to go. Limerick are streets ahead of all other teams left in the Championship. only bar Tipp will be within a few points of them at the Munster final and All Ireland Final. Tipp panel will be its downfall. 

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 18 Jun 2019 at 10:44am
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 1:19pm
Think wexford will win Leinster and Limerick for Munster. Bonner Maher a huge loss for Tipp 

Realistically the AI QFs will be this 
Dublin vs Limerick/Tipp 
Cork vs Kilkenny/Wexford

The system is a bit of a joke but its here to stay. Galway only lost 1 game and are out with Clare winning 2 games and being knocked out. 

News from Waterford is Fanning is staying on. Think the CB need to step in but they wont as the paddy joe Ryan said he saw no discontent in the camp LOL
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Think wexford will win Leinster and Limerick for Munster. Bonner Maher a huge loss for Tipp 

Dublin vs Limerick/Tipp 
Cork vs Kilkenny/Wexford

The system is a bit of a joke but its here to stay. Galway only lost 1 game and are out with Clare winning 2 games and being knocked out. 

News from Waterford is Fanning is staying on. Think the CB need to step in but they wont as the paddy joe Ryan said he saw no discontent in the camp LOL
Yep the system is a bit of joke alright! Wexford are in a Leinster final after 3 draws and only beating Carlow. Not a fan of the backdoor really the first system in 1997 was as far as it should have went

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 19 Jun 2019 at 2:19pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:30pm
Best summer of hurling ever.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Dublin vs Limerick/Tipp 
Cork vs Kilkenny/Wexford

Yep the system is a bit of joke alright! Wexford are in a Leinster final after 3 draws and only beating Carlow. Not a fan of the backdoor really the first system in 1997 was as far as it should have went

As irish soccer supporters we are well used to qualifying after many draws! 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 5:07pm
Have to laugh at anyone claiming the system is unfair. Wexford are also unbeaten, while Galway lost 1 more game than them. Simple fact is Galway made an absolute balls of it. If they'd stuck the knife into Carlow the first day out, they would have had the scoring difference going into the last game where a loss to Dublin wouldn't have knocked them out.

Clare again made a total balls of it. They threw the towel in against Limerick and Tipp with 15 mins left in each game and their scoring difference got destroyed because of it. The fact that their players and managers never drove home the importance on not chucking in an already lost game late on is naive at best. Plain stupidity really though. Limerick on the other hand knew that if they beat Clare by a big score they were effectively through with a game to spare.

In such systems as a 5 team round robin where head to head and scoring difference will come into play almost every single year, it's total incompetence from management and players of sides to not always be aware of its importance late in games when we'll ahead or well behind. There should be no chucking it in if you are at all a smart team. Galway and Clare made an absolute balls of it this summer, Galway especially who I would have just behind Limerick still.

Hard to see anyone but Limerick winning it now. Back to back all Irelands, Munster champions and League champions by the end of the summer I reckon.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 19 Jun 2019 at 5:09pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:35am
System is the same for everyone, maybe the order of fixtures and rest weeks play a part too, such as Galway going out first V Carlow probably at the time Carlow were likely to be up for it the most, or the Dubs having a game V Carlow, then a 2 week rest to get themselves right for Galway, who had just come through a tough battle with KK the week before. The running order changes every year though, so there is no team permanently disadvantaged by the fixture list or running order. 

Those things happened in the past too though, with replays of drawn games here & there meaning teams got little rest between games (3 games in 3 weeks happened both ourselves and Limerick in 2007 for example, at a time when that was extremely unusual in the GAA, when the teams weren't quite as semi-professional as they are now) while in other years, it was stated that some teams (usually Munster winners) got too much time off between winning that and the AI SF, and were thus susceptible to being ''caught cold'' in that SF, so its hard to come up with a perfect solution. 

The new system didn't defeat us, we were simply awful and wouldn't have gone through under any system, Clare were too poor & far off the pace in the games they lost, Galway were unlucky alright, but for many years Leinster was a complete joke with KK getting a bye to a handy SF, then using the Leinster final as a warm up for their only 2 competitive games of the summer, a bit like where Dublin footballers are headed at the moment, so nobody should be complaining that the province is now more competitive than it has been in 25 years. Galway lost out, but in the bigger picture, it is good to see Dublin & Wexford back as realistic challengers for Leinster, and a decent chance one of them could make AI SF as well. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 9:36am
Tipp haven't a hopeLOLLOL come off it. Limerick can barely take a sideline cut.

It'll be a closer game alright but I think Tipp will edge it, the form there in.

Personally I think Tipp losing wouldn't be the worst thing, it would keep them on they're toes, and if it was to be a trilogy between Tipp and Limerick, Limerick would be fairly motivated after 2 losses
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:04am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

It'll be a closer game alright but I think Tipp will edge it, the form there in.

Personally I think Tipp losing wouldn't be the worst thing, it would keep them on they're toes, and if it was to be a trilogy between Tipp and Limerick, Limerick would be fairly motivated after 2 losses

think we found the stereotypical tipp **** who randomly shouts multiple times a day "Tipp Tipp Tipp" LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

think we found the stereotypical tipp **** who randomly shouts multiple times a day "Tipp Tipp Tipp" LOL

ah come on I get the Tipp hate because of a section of the fans(see England football fans) but people here have nearly predicted Tipp to lose every game this year. Blind hate is clouding their view on what is a pretty good Tipp team. And to be fair nothing I've said has been stereotypical (stereotypical for a Tipp fan anyway) your just trying to be funny.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 12:34am

ah come on I get the Tipp hate because of a section of the fans(see England football fans) but people here have nearly predicted Tipp to lose every game this year. Blind hate is clouding their view on what is a pretty good Tipp team. And to be fair nothing I've said has been stereotypical (stereotypical for a Tipp fan anyway) your just trying to be funny.

Hmm, lets see.............

Me before Tipp WD game;

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

I'm not as optimistic on that as scientist, fully understand where Superdub is coming from as regards half dreading what's next. Beating, or even competing with Tipp (or anyone else) is going to require a bit more sophistication than that, and our new manager failed pretty badly in that yesterday. 
Defence held up ok but will get a bigger test v Tipp, so I'm not even optimistic about that aspect. If the players have anything at all about them, we'll improve V Tipp, but right now I don't think that is going to be enough, it's not last years Tipp we are playing, it's this years version, and they look a hell of a lot stronger, even allowing for Cork's weaknesses. 

FG before Tipp  Wd game;

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

I hope I'm very very wrong but I just cant see Waterford getting over Tipp which will almost finish their season

Healy before Tipp WD game- though I'll qualify that, I don't think he has ever tipped us to win a game, in fact I think he once tipped Offaly to beat us in a qualifier a few years back. 

Nervous about Waterfords chances against Tipp. Its sh*t or bust for us though. A loss and it's the summer over on Bloody May 19th 

FG before Clare Tipp game;

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

dunno how the f**k we’ll contain the Tipperary forwards bar shortening the pitch by bout 50 bloody yards Confused 

Redladd before Clare Tipp game; 

Can’t just write off Tipp though. They’re good enough to win an AI.

Healy before Clare Tipp game;

Clare vs Tipp is a hard one too call. Clares 2nd game of the Championship in which they played very well in the first and Tipp who are on a high. Clare difficult to beat at home but think this Tipp team is special again. Tipp by 2 in a classic 

Are you Liam Sheedy by any chance, still trying to tell us that ye are only the 6th best team in Ireland ? LOLLOL*

*To be fair, 2 or 3 lads did pick Clare to beat Tipp in Ennis, but absolutely nobody here bar Scientist has written them off, or anything like it. I'm sticking with Limerick anyway, though I do think there might be a surprise semi finalist in Wexford or Dublin. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 8:26am
Looking forward to the Munster final Sunday, think limerick are gonna winTongueWink Tickets on Public sale now after the initial panic of it being a "sell out". If the weather holds it'll be a great game, its gonna be a close game anyway I think.

In the Leinster final i think Wexford are gonna sneak it. After this weekend, the All Ireland final routes are clear, personally I'd like to avoid Cork, I'd say the same with Limerick. So is it advantage to the losing team???

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 8:32am
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 11:11am
Great story actually. He posts on the Laois forum o gaa boards.

Bigfinal for Laois on Sunday and the whole county's gone mad. (well from Portlaoise to the west of th county it has) and trains are booked out and every club is running a bus to Croke Park. With the interest from Wexford there will be a huge crowd there.

Laois are favourites and rightly so but there could be just the puck of a ball at the end. Westmeath are decent and have the drive of last years defeat. They've played in Croke Park in recent times while most of the Laois team haven't. I hope Eddie is smart enough to get them in beforehand to walk the pitch and soak it in.

Never much between these two anyway.

We've been steady and we have the forwards to win it. Defensively as a unit we've been good and the back 6 have been much enough the same for the round robin. From midfield up there have been changes. Roddy King, Cha Dwyer and Mark Kavanagh should all start and they could be the difference.

It's great to be going to Croke Park for a final to see the Laois hurlers. 2013 minor final was the last time however it's a lot further back for the seniors.

The tiered system in hurling is the way to go and there will be plenty of young Laois hurlers that will take their inspiration from days like Sunday.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 11:40am
Going to the Gaelic Grounds Sunday for the minor which is on at half f**king 11 Ermm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 11:52am
KK v Wex minor final is on at 11.30am too. Long day for the hardcore supporters from those counties with senior game not until 4pm.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 11:58am

KK v Wex minor final is on at 11.30am too. Long day for the hardcore supporters from those counties with senior game not until 4pm.

In the words of Buff Egan....... Drink it in man!! 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 12:31pm
At least there's one team sporting the blue and white in Croke Park this year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 31>
  Share Topic