You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:32am
Davy Fitz what a legend! Hopefully wexford retain leinster and make the all Ireland final. I'd take just the latter though. Can't see past limerick next year. Tipp will be hungover, cork won't quite make it. Clare and waterford too far behind. Kilkenny and Dublin will be challengers. Galway to improve but come the big games I just can't see limerick not being back with a vengeance. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:11am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Davy Fitz what a legend! Hopefully wexford retain leinster and make the all Ireland final. I'd take just the latter though. Can't see past limerick next year. Tipp will be hungover, cork won't quite make it. Clare and waterford too far behind. Kilkenny and Dublin will be challengers. Galway to improve but come the big games I just can't see limerick not being back with a vengeance. 

I fancy Limerick to win the All Ireland next year myself (only just) , I highly doubt Tipp will be hungover either especially not with the strength in depth in the panel + winning the u20 All Ireland two years running shows the serious potential in the county.

If Cork could tighten up their full back line they could beat anyone on their day!

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I fancy Limerick to win the All Ireland next year myself (only just) , I highly doubt Tipp will be hungover either especially not with the strength in depth in the panel + winning the u20 All Ireland two years running shows the serious potential in the county.

If Cork could tighten up their full back line they could beat anyone on their day!

It would be very unusual for Tipp to be as good the year after. You're right about the talent so I'd go with Limerick 2020 and Tipp 2021. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Originally posted by max max wrote:

Davey staying in Wexford.

Pretty good for Wexford Hurling and will really give the county an extra boost. You almost forget there Leisnter champions 

Liam cahill stepped down as Tipp under 20 manager. Only a matter of time til the Waterford appointment is confirmed??. If so happy enough with it but I think the casual waterford fans may not be so excited as hes not really a known name 

Fitz is a feckin drama queen. Stay, go, whatever, but why it had to be turned into a national event with interviews afterward about how hard a decision it was & all the rest of the bollix, I've no idea. I see the driving distance got another mention too, he must have forgotten about the occasional use of a house that the Wexford CB give him during the championship when the training schedules are upped. 

Liam Cahill, have to be happy with that given his record with Tipp U21/U20/minor teams. None of that is any guarantee of success with us, but he is starting from a very low base, if he gets even a single championship win, that's an improvement on the last 2 years. Tipp chap in work with me tells me he is a very no-nonsense individual, and some of our squad need a kick in the hole, so that attitude is very welcome & all. 

Michael Bevan (Tipp) has always been his coach, Fergal Hartley & Stephen Molumphy are the names I heard as selectors, they are both good lads too and strong enough characters not to be yes men. Dare I say it can't be any worse than last year ?? I said that last year too & I was wrong....

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 9:40pm
Kieran Kingston appointed in Cork to senior team manager, Pat Ryan U20 manager, and Donal Og in as minor manager. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 9:02am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Kieran Kingston appointed in Cork to senior team manager, Pat Ryan U20 manager, and Donal Og in as minor manager. 
JBM was offered the minor gig on a one year term but wanted more. The Minor setup is a nice setup, Donal Og as manager, Sean Og and Tom Kenny as selectors.  The first of that 04/05 team going into management
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:24pm
Liam Cahill officially announced as Waterford manager with Michael Bevans as coach with the rest of the team TBC 

Best of luck to him and hopefully he makes us competitive again. 

Everything was good in the camp up until the league final and then it all went pair shaped and Fanning lost the dressing room. God knows what the squad would be like if Fanning didn't resign. 

Time will tell and looking forward to 2020. We need a Championship win badly and just be competitive in the league. TDB will be a huge loss 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 9:10pm
quite an unsual one in the club championships in Waterford 

Ballygunner today won the Eastern Intermediate title beating Dunhill 3-21-1-09 and will play Ballysaggart who won the Western title with the Bennetts scoring 1-19 between them in the county Intermeidate final. AFAIK Ballysaggart will represent Waterford in the Munster championship no matter the result in the final but theres still confusion what will happen if Ballygunner win the title in regards senior for 2020. Do Ballygunner get promoted and have 2 teams in it or do Ballysaggart go up now ???

Senior final is on next week Ballygunner vs De La Salle. Ballygunner going for 6 in a row 

Edited by Healy52003 - 06 Oct 2019 at 9:11pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 9:47pm

Ballygunner today won the Eastern Intermediate title beating Dunhill 3-21-1-09 and will play Ballysaggart who won the Western title with the Bennetts scoring 1-19 between them in the county Intermeidate final. AFAIK Ballysaggart will represent Waterford in the Munster championship no matter the result in the final but theres still confusion what will happen if Ballygunner win the title in regards senior for 2020. Do Ballygunner get promoted and have 2 teams in it or do Ballysaggart go up now ???
Why do Ballysaggart get to Munster regardless?

I'm sure there's a rule in advance for scenarios like the second question, surely happened before.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Why do Ballysaggart get to Munster regardless?

I'm sure there's a rule in advance for scenarios like the second question, surely happened before.

Cause Ballygunner have a senior team similar to the rule of combined teams playing in provincial championships
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 11:53pm

Senior final is on next week Ballygunner vs De La Salle. Ballygunner going for 6 in a row 

Read somewhere there was no rule in place for this scenario, but I wouldn't have a clue. There is no way Ballygunner should be allowed have 2 teams at senior, within a few years, it could be a preview of the 'split Dublin in 2' argument, with them meeting their B team in the county final. Even the thoughts of it is ridiculous (as is splitting Dublin in 2). 

Seemingly there was a similar discussion in Wexford a few years back when the then senior champions Oulart's intermediate team got as far as the intermediate SF's. It looked like they were going to allow them have 2 senior teams with the proviso that panels had to be named at the start of the year with no swapping in between them, in the end Oulart were beaten in the intermediate SF and it hasn't looked like happening since, so didn't go any further. 

I'd imagine the other clubs would kick up an almighty fuss, but if there is a pre-existing rule covering it, there might not be anything they can do about it. 

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 2:50pm
County final in Laois will be between Rathdowney/Errill and Borris/Kilcotton after yesterday's semi finals. They both contested the 2016 final and drew 2.26 apiece with Borris winning the replay.

A great day for Ross King of Rathdowney in particular who lost a few teeth and required stitches to his face after being assulted against Camross in last years final. King had to leave the pitch after the incident which happened in the first half. Scored a goal in injury time yesterday with Camross 2 points in front and time nearly up.

Some strike it was too and Rathdowney won by a point. He most likely would prefer to have his own teeth back but he enjoyed his bit of revenge. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:40pm
Molumphy & Stephen Frampton appointed as Cahill's selectors in Waterford, Examiner's John Fogarty says tomorrow's paper will have news of some WD player retiring or being unavailable for next year. Guessing Noelie Connors, but don't really know, Fogarty can sensationalise things a bit, so it could easily be some fringe panellist too. 

Brian Lohan rumoured to be getting Clare job, while all remaining candidates have pulled out of the process to be appointed Galway hurling manager. Pat Supermac also doubling down on his statements re County Board spending, released another one tonight, not going well for Galway off the field at the minute. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Molumphy & Stephen Frampton appointed as Cahill's selectors in Waterford, Examiner's John Fogarty says tomorrow's paper will have news of some WD player retiring or being unavailable for next year. Guessing Noelie Connors, but don't really know, Fogarty can sensationalise things a bit, so it could easily be some fringe panellist too. 

Brian Lohan rumoured to be getting Clare job, while all remaining candidates have pulled out of the process to be appointed Galway hurling manager. Pat Supermac also doubling down on his statements re County Board spending, released another one tonight, not going well for Galway off the field at the minute. 

Interesting selector appointments for Waterford and happy enough. Will Molumphy be the runner?? What was his role with Wexford ?. A lot of bitching/moaning about Frampton getting the role as he was on the management committee. Hopefully it works out for this management team and bring us back to the good days 

Heard its Stephen Bennett who is going travelling but could easily be someone else. Noel Connors, Moran and Brick could give it up due to work etc but none of these owe us anything and gave it there all. We shall see tomorrow 

Galway have there all Ireland tho at our expense lol 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:03am
I don't even remember seeing him on the Wexford bench, so dunno what his input there was, then again, hard to tell what one specific fella does when you have 37 different assistants of some description. Believe they asked a few before settling on Frampton, but others declined due to various (genuine) reasons. 

Cahill is his own man from what I'm told, so not sure if the selector's role in this case is going to be all-important, sure I suppose they'll do whatever he tells them to do !

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:36pm
Ballygunner making it 6 in a row in Waterford and will start there defence of the Munster Championship against Sixmilebridge of Clare in the QF in a few weeks 

Cahill has made some surprising calls already and has dropped Maurice Shannahan and Noel Connors from the panel. Very surprised with these calls and believe it's not the right one and these guys should be in the panel. We dont the reasons for dropping them but time will tell. Also Brick Walsh has retired from intercounty hurling. Great servant for Waterford and for the game in general. He will be missed but that's sporting life and everything must come to an end, all the best to him in the future 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:12pm
He's obviously making a statement, I wouldn't have got rid of Connors just yet meself, but his form has dipped in last 2 years, not that he is alone there. There's a few more being axed too depending on what rumours ya believe, he's meant to have cut 6 of last years panel. Got rid of the entire backroom staff from last year as well. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 3:21pm

Ballysaggart won the intermediate, so that debate goes away for a while. Ballygunner won the minor, so only a few points away from a clean sweep of all 3 county titles. The CB need to go away & look at the rules regarding intermediate promotion for a team already in senior before the same scenario happens next year, which it easily could. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
  Share Topic