You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:44pm
No words Championship hurling at all levels in Waterford have been a disaster and 2020 could be the same

A lot of blame has too point to the CB

We scrapped into a league final/Croke Park appearance tbh and the wheels turned then
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 10:08pm
Laois v Tipp AI quarterfinal in Croke Park. Bring it on baby!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 8:24pm
Not too bad for a tier 2 team.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 9:49pm
Laois were excellent today. Their fans in Croker made a great occasion of it. Their team have some lovely hurlers, first touch was immaculate.

Cork on the other hand, very hard one to take, puckouts were awful all day, haven't had a half forward line in about 15 years at this stage. Walsh sitting on the bench too 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 11:28pm
Laois gave a decent account of themselves, they really started struggling when Dunphy was sent off and the 3 games in 3 weeks started to take their toll too. Hard to know how good or bad Tipp were, they didn't look overly impressive, but they too started emptying the bench as soon as they went 7 or 8 points up and those multiple subs can disrupt the flow of the game, which certainly happened here. They have room for improvement but Wexford would fancy their chances in a scrappy battle based on today. If Tipp get their type of fast moving game that they had pre-Limerick game going again, they will have too much for Wexford upfront, but today would put a bit of a question mark on that. 

Cork v KK, I'b be frustrated as fcuk if I were a Cork fan, they had the 2 most in form forwards on the pitch today in Horgan & Cadogan, but nearly everyone else was below par, and almost nothing was contributed to the scoreboard by anyone else.  Struggled in the half forwards as Shedite pointed out, Harnedy good in first half but KK got on top of him in 2nd and they responded to that by moving him all over the place to no great effect while it seemed nobody else could win a puckout. The short one worked for a good bit of the first half too, but KK pushed up on it in the 2nd and Nash didn't seem to be as accurate as he normally is when they went long. 

Defence yet again conceded too many, but I'd be more inclined to blame the half forwards, midfield and half backs for that rather than the overworked full back line, they were simply outworked by KK in all 3 lines and didn't win enough share of scrappy ball. 

@Shedite/Cork lads- Has Meyler taken ye as far as he can ? The personnel have changed a little bit, but it's essentially the same failings as JBM's team of 2013 that fell short by the narrowest of margins that seem to keep catching ye out, 2 managers later down the road. They are a team that the opposition generally doesn't mind playing (bar Limerick for some strange reason) as they know they will get chances and be allowed play their own game.

Would have Limerick favourites V KK, they will bring a far more physical approach than Cork did, and be far more competitive all over the pitch, but KK showed today that if Limerick have any kind of off day, they won't be long taking advantage. After relying solely on TJ for most of the year, they had an impressive amount of scorers today including something of a return to form for Richie Hogan and a great contribution from big Wally off the bench. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:56pm
Some finish in the u21 they’ll prob meet each other again in the final in all likelihood .............
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:10pm
Jaysus forgot about that
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 12:20am
AI semi final weekend and what a treat were in for 

Limerick vs kilkenny could be a classic and we all knw Kilkenny wont give in. The break could kill Limerick and they could be rusty come Saturday. Think Limerick by 3 but could easily see Kilkenny win 

Wexford vs Tipp unusual semi final pairing tbh but both are they cause there that good. Wexford fight like animals under Davy and Tipp seem to be returning to the Tipp of old this year. Think Tipp will struggle with Wexfords fight and Wexford will come out on top driving the county mad 

Limerick vs Wexford final
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 8:35am
Tipp v Wexford such a hard one to call, Tipp at there best would win but Davy and Wexford are just such a good match at the moment I'd fear them.

Limerick v Kilkenny, Limerick should win, and to beat Kilkenny 2 years in a row they'd be well worth it. If Kilkenny can keep the scores tight I'd actually give them a fair chance

My prediction Tipp v Kilkenny Tongue 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 8:39am
first time ever i agree with Healy

don't think the break will bother Limerick too much! it's going to be a huge physical game! but i think Limerick's direct running game will take its toll on Kilkenny with 15 minutes to go. Mike Casey on Fennally battle will have a huge bearing on this game. 

IN the other game i cant but see a Wexford win! the sweeper wont suit the Tipp forwards at all. you may even see a second sweeper sitting in there also. the one thing Tipp fell down at against Limerick and Laois was the direct running game that both teams deployed in the middle third. the legs are simply not there in the Tipp half back line. a great bet in this game is actually a red card. both teams are physical and play right off the cuff. 

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 25 Jul 2019 at 8:40am
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 8:36pm
Deserved win for KK, horsed into Limerick from the start and Limerick had little answers. They did well to stay in the game right to the end with well timed goals, and it was a certain '65 at the end of the game, but it would have been an injustice on KK had they managed a draw. 

Kiely & the sideline have a bit to answer for too, they left Hannon on too long when he was struggling (contrast with Cody taking off Leahy with 1 min to HT), Dowling should probably have been introduced earlier too, think they left the subs a bit too late in general. They had a lot of  poor wides, some through bad decision making, but most because they were left with little option to shoot from mad angles or distances because of constant KK pressure. Defence never really got to grips with any of Reid, Wally or Fennelly & were duly punished for it on the scoreboard. 

Regardless of who wins tomorrow, I wouldn't be putting much on them to beat KK in the final. Tipp have an awful record against them in recent years, while KK would surely see their draw in the round robin phase and the Leinster final loss as something to be rectified V Wexford. RIP the famine in Kilkenny, 2016-2018.

deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 4:09pm
Huge disappointment fair play Kilkenny better team on day. Been an amazing year for us. Players have been a credit too. As far as I’m aware Liam wasn’t brought into one pub. We will be back.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 4:14pm
Ref very harsh on Tipp here this half
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 5:37pm
Some game. Tipp deserved it overall. I think they would have been cursing the ref for years if wexford had won. Some poor looking calls were made
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

first time ever i agree with Healy

don't think the break will bother Limerick too much! it's going to be a huge physical game! but i think Limerick's direct running game will take its toll on Kilkenny with 15 minutes to go. Mike Casey on Fennally battle will have a huge bearing on this game. 

IN the other game i cant but see a Wexford win! the sweeper wont suit the Tipp forwards at all. you may even see a second sweeper sitting in there also. the one thing Tipp fell down at against Limerick and Laois was the direct running game that both teams deployed in the middle third. the legs are simply not there in the Tipp half back line. a great bet in this game is actually a red card. both teams are physical and play right off the cuff. 

At least you got the red card right. 

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Jul 2019 at 5:40pm
AKA pedantic kunt
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Waterford season is over particularly with the significantly inferior scoring difference, they really seem to have regressed at an alarming rate,dunno how the f**k we’ll contain the Tipperary forwards bar shortening the pitch by bout 50 bloody yards Confused

i think ye will beat Tipp. there nothing special. Defo wont win the all Ireland 

Can’t just write off Tipp though. They’re good enough to win an AI.

I just felt the urge to bring this up again.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 11:35pm
Deserved win for Tipp, whatever was working for Wexford up to that point fell apart once Tipp went down to 14, they weren't able to make use of the spare man and if anything, Tipp seemed to have more space with 14. Ref made a few iffy calls to say the least, as did the ref the night before, James Owens might end up being the beneficiary of those displays, don't think either ref will get the final. 

Final is a very hard call, Tipp who have really only had one bad day V Limerick and an iffy one V Laois which you would excuse in the circumstances, V a Kilkenny who started sluggishly, lost 2 games this year, but have been improving in every game since the draw V Wexford, even the Leinster final they lost was an improvement on previous performances. KK narrowly, but could easily go the other way. 

foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Deserved win for Tipp, whatever was working for Wexford up to that point fell apart once Tipp went down to 14, they weren't able to make use of the spare man and if anything, Tipp seemed to have more space with 14. Ref made a few iffy calls to say the least, as did the ref the night before, James Owens might end up being the beneficiary of those displays, don't think either ref will get the final. 

Final is a very hard call, Tipp who have really only had one bad day V Limerick and an iffy one V Laois which you would excuse in the circumstances, V a Kilkenny who started sluggishly, lost 2 games this year, but have been improving in every game since the draw V Wexford, even the Leinster final they lost was an improvement on previous performances. KK narrowly, but could easily go the other way. 

Can't imagine today's ref Sean Cleere from kilkenny getting it either
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
  Share Topic