You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 8:11pm
Few good games in 1A this weekend 

Sat- Limerick vs Tipp 
Sun- Clare vs Kilkenny and Cork vs Wexford 

Big guns vs minnows again in 1B 
Sun- Laois vs Waterford, Carlow vs Galway and Offaly vs Dublin 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
some result for Carlow Hurling yesterday Clap
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 4:59pm
St Thomas (Galway) v Cushendall (Antrim), Parnell Park, 3pm - TG4
Ballygunner (Waterford) v Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny), Semple Stadium, 5pm - TG4

Club semi final weekend both games take place tomorrow. Hoping for a Ballygunner win but it will be quite tough. Can see Ballyhale having 2 much for them. St Thomas too win well in the other one 

All Ireland club intermediate and junior club finals take place on Sunday 10th Feb in Croke Park. Featuring a quite unique Kilkenny vs Monaghan pairing in the junior 

All-Ireland club IHC final
Charleville (Cork) v Oranmore-Maree (Galway), Croke Park, 3.15pm - TG4 online

All-Ireland club JHC final
Castleblayney (Monaghan) v Dunnamaggin (Kilkenny), Croke Park, 1.30pm - TG4 online

familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:51pm
Really looking forward to Ballyhale v Ballygunner tomorrow (and the scientists reaction if Ballygunner win)
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 12:04am
Cant see the other semi final being much of a contest but it'll still be better viewing than the egg...............
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:35pm
Ballyhale better team I thought and seemed to move up a gear when they needed. Ballygunner played well in patches but basic stuff like not winning puck out, stupid tactics and not scoring from play much cost them. Prob a bit harah but cub hurling in Waterford is in  trouble if BG are the best. They will win the next 3 championships in Waterford I feel 

Great showing from the Antrim team in the other semi final and they will be kicking themselves tonight the chances they missed. St Thomas looked average 

Ballyhale to win easy in the final I think and King Henry as a manager will overload in the media 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Really looking forward to Ballyhale v Ballygunner tomorrow (and the scientists reaction if Ballygunner win)

great day for the parish when the gunners were beaten Clap i did have €50 on the ****s to win but their defeat made up for it 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:47am
Cushendall put up some performance. Completely written off by the bookies but pushed St Thomas's to the very end.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Cushendall put up some performance. Completely written off by the bookies but pushed St Thomas's to the very end.

yeah was the better of the 2 games over the weekend. BH should do the business on paddy's day. 

i said at xmas that the losing county of the BG and BH match would have a huge say in the National hurling league and with BG been beaten i backed Waterford immediately after the game at 8/1. 

Put it like this, historically the 2 county all ireland club finalists don't tend to win the national league. Kilkenny were the last team to do both in 2005. with the national league semi final 1 week after paddies weekend then i think that eliminates Galway and Kilkenny chances. 
That leaves Waterford and Dublin from 1B and simply Dublin are not upto it.  In 1A Limerick and Tipp are the big players and Clare are just f**king Clare, hot and cold from day to day and i'd hope to draw them in either the Q/F or S/F. To me the pick of Waterford, Tipp and Limerick will be in the National League Final and at 8/1 Waterford were the best value. having the O'Keeffe, and the 2 Mahoney's coming back into the team over the next few weeks will be a much bonus to Waterford. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:14am
I stuck a few bob on them for AI. 14/1 at the minute.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:16am

I stuck a few bob on them for AI. 14/1 at the minute.

good bet i'm just holding out for the moment to see how things pan out in the League. will back them for Munster before AI at the moment as there is better value. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:43am
Winning the league won't mean winning the AI. If you're going to back them you're as well doing it now while the odds are decent!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:57am

Winning the league won't mean winning the AI. If you're going to back them you're as well doing it now while the odds are decent!

just want to see how we shape up (conventional or sweeper etc etc.) against the big teams in the latter stages of the league before i back them for AI. 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:43pm

Could have won alright! Thought that player at the end might have taken his point and took it to Extra Time. Cushendall probably gave away too many Free's especially in the first half so their indiscipline cost them! The referee did all he could for them aswell playing an extra 2 minutes onto the 5 and i know people will say there was stoppages and that but for example in the Kerry V Dublin game there was also 5 mins of injury time and some stoppages yet the referee blew up bang on the 75. Time keeping should really be out of the referee's hands as there's too much inconsistency with referee's 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 11 Feb 2019 at 7:45pm
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

[QUOTE=reddladd]Cushendall put up some performance. Completely written off by the bookies but pushed St Thomas's to the very end.
[/QUOTE

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 11 Feb 2019 at 7:46pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 3:47pm
Serious stuff starts now for Waterford with all the so called 'easy' games out of the way. We travel too Dublin next Sunday which will be a tough game and then it's Galway at home on 3rd Mar before the start of the knockout stages. 

Limerick very impressive in 1A beating Kilkenny and Wexford had a great win over Tipp with Cork getting a win over Clare. Anyone can make the top 4 and the next 2 weeks will be interesting 

The League for 2020 will be as follows.

Group A
1st placed team in 1A  2019
4th placed team in 1A 2019
Winner of 1A 5th/6th playoff 2019
2nd placed team in 1B 2019
3rd placed team in 1B 2019
div 2A winner 

Group B 
2nd placed team in 1A 2019
3rd placed team in 1A 2019
Loser of the 1A 5th/6th playoff 2019.
1st placed team in 1B 2019
4th placed team in 1B 2019
Winner of the 1B relegation playoff 2019 (5th vs 6th)

Groups to run on a two year cycle (2020, 2021)

– To be redrawn for 2022 and every two years thereafter based on formula above (“5th placed team Div 1B” to change to “Relegation final winners” for this purpose).

– Relegation from 2020 onwards to be after Relegation Play-Off between bottom placed team in Group A and Group B.

– Winner of Div 2A final is promoted annually to replace relegated team

1st placed team in each group to advance directly to Allianz Hurling League Semi Final. 2nd and 3rd placed teams from each group to meet in “crossover” quarter finals (2nd 1A v 3rd 1B and 3rd 1A v 2nd 1B).

Edited by Healy52003 - 18 Feb 2019 at 4:13pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:53pm
Tipp will be scratching their heads as to how they came away with nothing from today's game against Kilkenny in the end.

Badly need to beat Cork now to try and give themselves chance of staying up.

Richie Leahy's point near the end was a score I could watch all day, the skill level involved and to make it look so effortless was superb.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Tipp will be scratching their heads as to how they came away with nothing from today's game against Kilkenny in the end.

Badly need to beat Cork now to try and give themselves chance of staying up.

Richie Leahy's point near the end was a score I could watch all day, the skill level involved and to make it look so effortless was superb.

I thought nobody gets relegated this year? But yeah f**k me how can they never beat kilkenny. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>
  Share Topic