You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAA Hurling 2019
    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 10:33pm
This years Hurling discussion 

Hopefully its Waterfords year 60 years since Liam came over the bridge. From the reports we have been playing pretty well in the pre season and all is well in the camp. We also have Ballygunner playing Ballyhale Shamrocks in the AI club semi final on the 9th Feb which they will hopefully get over the line but a very very tough challenge. 1B for us in the league and the big games been away too Dublin and home too Galway but with the new system coming in for 2020 promotion is not all that important. Yet again we dont knw where we will play our home games for the championship ConfusedConfused

Going to be a very competitive year in Hurling, so many teams capabile of winning the AI on there day and it will be dog eat dog during the summer 

NHL league fixtures- https://www.sportsnewsireland.com/gaa/2019-provisional-allianz-hurling-league-fixtures/

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:13pm
Let me get in my shout early for this being the best year of hurling ever !
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Its not our fault football is sh*te. Hurling Clap
@AntrimMan85
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:39am
ourselves v tipp is live on Eir tomorrow week I think they have deferred game aswell
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:47am
Whats the verdict on the club semi's?

Pick of them is Ballygunner v Ballyhale - Ballyhale for me. I didnt see anyone beat Na Pairsaigh in Munster so Ballygunner in bonus territory in my opinion.

St Thomas v Cushendall. Saw Thomas' twice in 2013 when they beat Loughgiel after a replay. They were class. Speed and Strength something else. I think they got relegated from Senior the year after winning an All Ireland and have come back and rebuilt. Id expect them to be strong. Cushendall I dont think have the forwards to bother them too much. Won an Antrim championship thats at a bit of a low ebb and got through Ulster probably as Slaughtneil are absolutely knackered! Cant see it being like the Sarsfields game back in 2015 - who must have been the worst side to ever emerge from Galway
@AntrimMan85
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Its not our fault football is sh*te. Hurling Clap

I struggle to identify with this sentiment that is pushed about hurling being magnificent and football being awful : The truth is far more in the middle. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 6:21pm

Pick of them is Ballygunner v Ballyhale - Ballyhale for me. I didnt see anyone beat Na Pairsaigh in Munster so Ballygunner in bonus territory in my opinion.

St Thomas v Cushendall. Saw Thomas' twice in 2013 when they beat Loughgiel after a replay. They were class. Speed and Strength something else. I think they got relegated from Senior the year after winning an All Ireland and have come back and rebuilt. Id expect them to be strong. Cushendall I dont think have the forwards to bother them too much. Won an Antrim championship thats at a bit of a low ebb and got through Ulster probably as Slaughtneil are absolutely knackered! Cant see it being like the Sarsfields game back in 2015 - who must have been the worst side to ever emerge from Galway

Hoping for Ballygunner too win but I think Ballyhale will have too much for them. When BG are bad there bad and the occasion might get too them but then again nobody fancied them vs NP and they won pulling up. 

Expect St Thomas on the other side but Antrim clubs are pretty good and won't lie down 

Interesting Question- is Ballygunner vs Ballyhale one of the closest AI club semi finals by distance between areas ???. There about a 30- 40min drive away from each other 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

This years Hurling discussion 

Hopefully its Waterfords year 60 years since Liam came over the bridge. From the reports we have been playing pretty well in the pre season and all is well in the camp. We also have Ballygunner playing Ballyhale Shamrocks in the AI club semi final on the 9th Feb which they will hopefully get over the line but a very very tough challenge. 1B for us in the league and the big games been away too Dublin and home too Galway but with the new system coming in for 2020 promotion is not all that important. Yet again we dont knw where we will play our home games for the championship ConfusedConfused

Always gonna be a big problem for Waterford. One year is hardly a good sample but last season only 1 away win from 10 games in Munster. Home advantage seems to matter.

Waterford were unlucky last year, with both the injuries and format (their bye week in week 1).

As for my own crowd, Cork's league panel looks fairly simialr to last year, so probably will hit the same problem with a lack of depth. The young lads will be one year older so expecting them to be strong at the back/mids, but can't see them doing better than last year.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 9:33pm

Hoping for Ballygunner too win but I think Ballyhale will have too much for them. When BG are bad there bad and the occasion might get too them but then again nobody fancied them vs NP and they won pulling up. 

Expect St Thomas on the other side but Antrim clubs are pretty good and won't lie down 

Interesting Question- is Ballygunner vs Ballyhale one of the closest AI club semi finals by distance between areas ???. There about a 30- 40min drive away from each other 

St Thomas haven't been relagated since winning the All Ireland club! On distance between teams I'm not sure about Semi-Finals but Kiltormer and Portumna both beat Birr in All Ireland club finals and they wouldn't far away from each other

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 18 Jan 2019 at 9:33pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 9:50pm

Can't be many closer in hurling. In football, Garycastle from Westmeath against St.Brigits Roscommon a few years back is only 13k apart.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

St Thomas haven't been relagated since winning the All Ireland club! On distance between teams I'm not sure about Semi-Finals but Kiltormer and Portumna both beat Birr in All Ireland club finals and they wouldn't far away from each other

Ah. A Thomas man told me they were. Now. This was in an early house in Cork a while back and drink had been taken. 
@AntrimMan85
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:40am

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Ah. A Thomas man told me they were. Now. This was in an early house in Cork a while back and drink had been taken. 
Not a million miles away they were in the relagation play off but won it! Maybe too much partying from the All Ireland win

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 19 Jan 2019 at 9:40am
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 2:34pm
I see Waterford are playing their league games in Thurles, chances are champo will be played there too?
Up against ye in the first round of games Cool
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I see Waterford are playing their league games in Thurles, chances are champo will be played there too?

we played in Thurles because of a violation of training rules during restricted winter months so we lost home advantage for that game only. all other home league games will be played in Waterford and Championship games according to the CB will be played in Walsh Park.  cant see our Munster Championship games being played in Walsh Park because our CB have no backbone but time will tell. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

we played in Thurles because of a violation of training rules during restricted winter months so we lost home advantage for that game only. all other home league games will be played in Waterford and Championship games according to the CB will be played in Walsh Park.  cant see our Munster Championship games being played in Walsh Park because our CB have no backbone but time will tell. 

Is Walsh Park really any worse than Navan or Newbridge ? Seeing as both of those held Championship games last year.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 31 Jan 2019 at 3:16pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:46pm
Walsh Park is a kip and Dungarvan is worse than Aleppo 
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:38pm
Played a hurling Game in Walsh Park last year. Very rundown.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:16pm
Cusack Park is on par with Walsh Park?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
  Share Topic