You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheltenham Festival 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:12pm
All horses in racing in Ireland and England are supposed to be vaccinated it’s a requirement, but like anything else horses can still pick up different strains of it
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:49pm
Announcement due today whether we get back racing Wednesday  I reckon they'll clear it given the small number of horses affected and amount of negative tests returned.

The two Irish stables flu originated last month and they just took the necessary precautions  It only shows you how it's possible to contain the flu. 

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:27pm
€2m a day the industry is supposedly missing out on, you'd imagine they'll do everything they can to get it back on 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:24pm
Irish horse racing authorities have lifted the ban on British horses travelling over to race here
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:00pm
There should be a decision by the BHA at half 10 tonight
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:21pm
BHA have tonight issued 3 statements on saying they will make a statement on the resumption of horse racing tonight. 

In other news, Declan Rice was today confirmed as the Press Release Officer for the BHA 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:24pm
Confirmed that all British racing will resume on Wednesday
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 3:00pm

Irish horse, jockeys and trainers have an illustrious history of success at the Cheltenham Gold Cup. It’s no overstatement to say that some of the world’s most famous horses have hailed from the Emerald Isle.

Nine-year-old Bellshill trained by WP Mullins will be taking part in this year’s encounter, looking to recreate the success of Arkle, Synchronised and Dawn Run. At the time of writing, Bellshill is considered to be among the best tips for the Gold Cup, there’s plenty of interest in the outsider priced at 16/1, with many believing he has what it takes to take the 2019 Gold Cup.

With pace, stamina and experience Bellshill is one of the best outside bets to win the Gold Cup and keep Irish eyes smiling.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Irish horse, jockeys and trainers have an illustrious history of success at the Cheltenham Gold Cup. It’s no overstatement to say that some of the world’s most famous horses have hailed from the Emerald Isle.

Nine-year-old Bellshill trained by WP Mullins will be taking part in this year’s encounter, looking to recreate the success of Arkle, Synchronised and Dawn Run. At the time of writing, Bellshill is considered to be among the best tips for the Gold Cup, there’s plenty of interest in the outsider priced at 16/1, with many believing he has what it takes to take the 2019 Gold Cup.

With pace, stamina and experience Bellshill is one of the best outside bets to win the Gold Cup and keep Irish eyes smiling.

Are you Paul Naughton ?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:19am

Funny enough was told at the weekend that JP would be pulling a stroke with Annible fly in Gold Cup, only thing I don’t trust about this is the coont of a trainer in charge Tony Martin and hopefully Barry Geraghty does not have the ride, if M P Walsh rides it it will be my e.w bet of the week, also heard JP could be in for his best festival in many a year just saying what I’m hearing
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:34am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Funny enough was told at the weekend that JP would be pulling a stroke with Annible fly in Gold Cup, only thing I don’t trust about this is the coont of a trainer in charge Tony Martin and hopefully Barry Geraghty does not have the ride, if M P Walsh rides it it will be my e.w bet of the week, also heard JP could be in for his best festival in many a year just saying what I’m hearing
That's one to stroke off the list then
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL

What does a stroke in the gold cup mean?? Obviously every horse that runs in the gold cup is trying to win it.

One that I'm back each way is coney island in the ryanair on thursday. He's a 33/1 shot with bet365 non-runner no bet. Harty has made no secret of his target and I think he's a very good horse. A lot of horses shorter in the betting will not run here and last year only 6 ran so hopefully it cuts up again and will look a good bet on the day.
Here we go again
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:58am

How did I know that my secret lover would be first up LOL you can thank me for ruling one out for you, that is of course you are old enough to gamble
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

LOL

What does a stroke in the gold cup mean?? Obviously every horse that runs in the gold cup is trying to win it.

One that I'm back each way is coney island in the ryanair on thursday. He's a 33/1 shot with bet365 non-runner no bet. Harty has made no secret of his target and I think he's a very good horse. A lot of horses shorter in the betting will not run here and last year only 6 ran so hopefully it cuts up again and will look a good bet on the day.
I think you know exactly what I mean but anyway
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 12:30pm
Still think Native River wins it. Presenting Percy seems to be favourite based on the fact that some of the competition have been below par up til now (not ignoring the fact hes an excellent horse of course)
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 2:36pm
https://www.sportsnewsireland.com/racing/racing_irish/list-of-cheltenham-preview-nights-2015/

Don't mind the 2015 thats the linkThumbs Up
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:44pm
I think it’s crazy that Elixir de Nutz is still 10s for the Supreme. He’s beaten some very good horses this season, has a good break before the festival. The fav looks like he’ll take some beating, but he could be a great each way shout
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

I think it’s crazy that Elixir de Nutz is still 10s for the Supreme. He’s beaten some very good horses this season, has a good break before the festival. The fav looks like he’ll take some beating, but he could be a great each way shout

Who is the favourite? It was Angels Breath but I don't think he'll be winning based on today's run
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic