You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheltenham Festival 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 11:29am
5/2 for racing to not go ahead. 

Personally think it's 50/50 so that might be a bet!
Here we go again
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 2:26pm
I wouldn't be worried just yet, I'd say there would need to be a significant rise in confirmed cases for it to be called off or postponed. You would imagine that the majority of the visitors will be British or Irish, so there probably won't be much of a risk of spectators coming from countries that have been affected (so far).
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 8:29am
Seems to be 50/50 in the betting now
Would imagine it will take a rocket of cases in both Ireland and the UK for them to consider postponing it
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:16am
The betting doesn't really mean much does it, how are the gauging it?
If there is a big increase in cases here it'll be off, if not it'll be on i'd say

irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The betting doesn't really mean much does it, how are the gauging it?
If there is a big increase in cases here it'll be off, if not it'll be on i'd say

Apparently a lot of people who are going are backing it to not be on in order to recoup some of their costs if it's not on.

Nearly evens for it to go ahead now seems like printing money - no soccer game in England even being called into question at the moment which is effectively the exact same thing. 
Here we go again
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 12:10pm
Any suggestions for the best pub to watch in Dublin. Somewhere with food, good pints and a bookies close by
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Any suggestions for the best pub to watch in Dublin. Somewhere with food, good pints and a bookies close by

If you're going Southside then Searson's on Baggot St is a decent sports bar that does nice grub and has a PaddyPower literally next door to it.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 2:38pm
Yeah it all depends whereabouts you are going to be based. There are plenty of decent pubs in Dublin but there's no point going all the way to Searsons if you're based near Parkgate Street and could just as easily head to Frank Ryans.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 3:07pm

Doesn't everyone have a bookies on their phone these days?

Toners Yard is very busy for the week if the weather is okay
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 3:19pm
They do, but sometimes pick up a sneaky tip in the bookies
Thinking around Baggot Street, so Toners might be decent.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 4:00pm
Toners is a great boozer..Powers beside it is quite small and will be rammed though
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 9:34pm
Tom Kennedys beside Vicar Street class pint of Stout too. The Windjammer be a decent shout too. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:25am
The Windjammer? Would never have thought of there,
Good pint in Tom Kennedy's but too small. Thinking of somewhere with a big screen
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:42am
Ryan’s on Camden Street

Don’t think I was there last year but year before they were doing 3 pints of anything for a tenner for duration of racing every day.. Or 1 pint for €3.33. Good pint too. Can’t be beat

Windjammer is a good spot too for racing any day of the year 

Edited by Pipkin - 05 Mar 2020 at 8:42am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 11:09am
Ryans, was there years ago. couldn't imagine it as a racing pub
What would the new Palace be like for it would ye think?
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 11:36am

Ryans, was there years ago. couldn't imagine it as a racing pub
What would the new Palace be like for it would ye think?

Was in there last Saturday - they had racing on a couple of the side tvs as naturally the football was on main tv and commentary. Not the same watching racing without commentary. 

But as main event; I’d say it would be a decent shout alright next week.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 11:49am

The Windjammer? Would never have thought of there,
Good pint in Tom Kennedy's but too small. Thinking of somewhere with a big screen
I'll be heading Windjammer on Tuesday myself class old pub for the racing and the pint is brilliant too paddy power a small walk up from it. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:37pm
Big Screen in there irelandfan?
Checked out Toners and it's all sh*tty little screens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
  Share Topic